• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Pr3tender

Corporal
Nov 24, 2016
The following game is an exploration of a character from a different universe called "Amon", a charismatic revolutionary whom rebels against a classist system that favors the supernaturally gifted. The name for this character will be 'Amon'.

Goal: To eliminate all men gifted with magic, but publically call for the protection of traditions. I will be using CPG-Grey's video "Rules for Rulers" as a guide to decide whom I should aid and whom I should eliminate. In addition, the magically gifted draw the jealousy of The Pretender, whom wishes to supplant them.

Thoughts on the Voices of Nerat
The Voices scare the Pretender, even if he will not admit to it. He believes the Chorus to be disorderly and dangerous; Rightful rule should be secure and stable, not a cascade of violence. He considers it a shame therefore that the Tiers will be recruited primarily by the Chorus. The Pretender's strong suit is to corrupt and to divide his enemies.

Thoughts on Cairn
From the very start, the Archon of Stone did not give the Pretender the arrogance it seemed to instill in other archons who thought they could control it. By all means, he wished the Tidecallers to be eliminated, like all magic users, but he had hoped that they'd be a more formidable enemy that might even weaken the Archon of Stone. The fact that the Archon was barely impeded scared The Pretender and thus, he decided to stay close to the Archon of Stone, to orchestrate his downfall, so The Pretender's ascension through the ranks could not be challenged by the Archon of Stone.

Thoughts on the Vendrien Guard
It's a shame that we have to kill these bastards. They have a healthy amount of superstition. They do well to suspect the Tidecallers. I had the opportunity to lure out the Queen. I knew that she was formidable, but not so formidable that I couldn't best here. Therefore, I shall let her live so she may hopefully become my ally. All those who will stand in the way of peace I will otherwise get rid of in an as discreet a manner as possible.

Thoughts on Verse
I must keep up appearances of friendship towards Verse. I suspected idly that she was supposed to keep an eye on me, but the Voices' insistence that she ought to protect me strikes a chord. Maybe he read my mind and knew I would suspect such a move. And deliberately tries to rattle me. No matter.

At this time, it is not the Voices that rattles me, but Verse herself. She seems to hold a seedling of what the Voices once were. I will keep her close, for no other reason than to protect my hide and so I may one day unlock the secrets of how she absorbs these fighting techniques.

Thoughts on Graven Ashe
I respect Ashe, maybe as the only one of the Archons that I have personally met. I was taken in by the Disfavored and the rumors of Ashe are, while exxagerated, clearly not unfounded. This is a man whose loyalty cannot be idly shaken. Making him my ally should be my first priority.

Thoughts on the Edict
The Edict is a complication. I have no illusions about the Disfavored being granted the south. Clearly, the Scarlet Chorus are by far better equipped to handle this place. Which is exactly why I must restore the balance and provide aid to the Disfavored. Publically, I play the part and will say that the Edict forces us all to work together. But I believe such is far removed from the truth. In fact, I believe the Edict might stay my hand from impeding the Chorus sufficiently to allow the Disfavored to keep up. If the Chorus is victorious in these lands, there is no hope to annihilate the barbaric faction forever.

Reactions:
Started over. Decided to change my name to Shj'rad Kub (Charade/Shrewd Cub) and put a bit more focus on my character being a hunter.

My thought is that, while part of the Bounding Viper, Shj'rad had to use cunning to make sure that apart from the Prima, for every beastwoman, there was one or two beastwoman peers vying for their part in the hierarchy. Being part of a tribe made him especially aware of social structures and hierarchies and how he could get what he wanted with minimal physical confrontations.

His history gives him two beliefs: Burning villages has an impact on him. He believes that a socially mobile population will eventually turn against their overlords. Because he is not yet a ruler, he ought to preserve villages and educate select members enough that they can challenge his political enemies and when he takes over, he can eliminate those he doesn't need to stay in power.

He is concerned with regional beast populations and he's careful not to mess with the territorial divides by backing one tribe over the other. If he confronted with beast tribes, either you must kill them or leave them be.

"I have decided. With this edict in place, I cannot favor one or the other archons. Preferable over all other things, I must keep Ascension Hall out of the hands of the Chorus. But the Disfavored are understaffed, which is what lead to this disaster in the first place. Station the Disfavored here and Stalward will surely weaken.

No, I know. It will be risky, but if I can get the Vendrien Guard to be forthcoming, I might be able to slip into the seat of Tarkis Arri when her people have second thoughts about giving their lives for the cause. Or, if neccesary, arrange a marriage with Tarkis. Surely the Disfavored will appreciate me saving them manpower."

-A few days later.

"I was wrong! So wrong! The Disfavored are not happy!"