• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Dagger has said nothing in favour of segregation, so isn't it a little presumptive to put words in his mouth?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

You know a quote, very good. Dagger has said nothing in favour of segregation, so your attacks against him are unjustified.

It would be helpful if he actually spoke on the matter; we have no knowledge of his views and his campaigning has been... lackluster, to say the least. Perhaps he's afraid he'll offend white Southerners?

And Mr McCahill, deregulating slightly won't send us back into a depression; we have growth now, so we should promote continued growth by getting out of the way. If our economy starts sliding, then by all means ensure that a depression doesn't happen; though, being my father's son, I have a little doubt about the effectiveness of such a policy, judging from how the left handled a decade long Depression.

It would be helpful if he actually spoke on the matter; we have no knowledge of his views and his campaigning has been... lackluster, to say the least. Perhaps he's afraid he'll offend white Southerners?

And Mr McCahill, deregulating slightly won't send us back into a depression; we have growth now, so we should promote continued growth by getting out of the way. If our economy starts sliding, then by all means ensure that a depression doesn't happen; though, being my father's son, I have a little doubt about the effectiveness of such a policy, judging from how the left handled a decade long Depression.

I can agree with you about his campaigning. He has been very quiet. ((His last post on these forums was on the 30th last month. He's disappeared! :O))

Although, the Liberal candidate has remained silent on the issue, he has not made his stance clear, therefore that does not justify that I am supporting a candidate who believes in the segregation of our school system.

Furthermore, when it comes to the foreign policy on the Soviet Union. We have to confront the Soviet Union on some of their foreign policies in terms of supporting communist uprisings and coups in nations around the world. Allowing communism to spread will leave our nation vulnerable to attack.

~ Christina J. Blancharde-Fredrick, Congresswoman

Last edited:
Although, the Liberal candidate has remained silent on the issue, he has not made his stance clear, therefore that does not justify that I am supporting a candidate who believes in the segregation of our school system.

Furthermore, when it comes to the foreign policy on the Soviet Union. We have to confront the Soviet Union on some of their foreign policies in terms of supporting communist uprisings and coups in nations around the world. Allowing communism to spread will leave our nation vulnerable to attack.

~ Christian J. Blancharde, Congresswoman

The government has continued to support anticommunism in China and Korea, and early in this administration, we defeated communism in Greece; what's more, by negotiating with the USSR, we prevent the needless deaths of millions of people. I see no reason to change course drastically in such a way as to promote more conflict when tensions have deescalated so much. So saying that this government has allowed communism to spread is not entirely accurate, Ms Blancharde.

Having served in the United States Navy for forty years I feel I have done my patriotic duty to my country and its people, now is the time for me to retire from such and take up the duty of public service. I would like to therefore announce my intentions to run for Governor of the State of New York.

William M. Wallace

OK. I'll start by apologizing for letting the election slip through the cracks of my laziness.

The polls are closed.

The vote stands at 9-5 in favor of the Liberal Party candidate.

Daniel Dagger will be the next President of the Republic.

Wallace walks up to the podium in Albany, New York, greeted by the cheers of thousands of supporters.

I cannot express the joy I have at being elected Governor of New York, I now have a chance to represent you, the people, and go forth with your agenda!

The statement is met with even more cheers.

But...I feel I must also take this time to express my disappointment with President-elect Dagger. He has thus far proven himself a man of great inaction and may lead our country into dire straights. Though, I cannot deny my disappointment with the outgoing president, Mr. Jarvis, either...he has let down the forces of freedom with his policies of co-operation with the Communists. As a man who personally served in our military, I find this a solution unacceptable and must state that, in my opinion, it will lead to our loss as the global superpower!

At first there is silence but slowly the crowd begins to clap and cheer on.

With all this in mind, I hereby announce my decision to leave the Republican Party and form a new party, the America First Party.

I find myself in agreement with Mr. Wallace. President-Elect Dagger has become a recluse in all but name, not something that the American people need! Finding myself in agreement with Mr. Wallace, I hereby renounce my previous political affiliations and join the America First Party.

~ Governor Sammy Todaro of Nevada

"America First", huh. First to burn, as they light the world on fire?

Then (outgoing) Vice President Gallatin's words upon hearing of the split in his party's ranks, as reported by Arthur White in Forgotten Men: The Vice Presidents of America. Mr. White claimed the Vice President spoke these words while off his mic at a party event in Virginia discussing the issue (and the election in general), but they were long believed to be a fictitious embellishment by the historian. They were confirmed much later by an unlikely source: spy tapes recovered from Russia after the Cold War had ended.

If President Elect Dagger does not surface to take his oath of office, we must move to have him removed and have the Vice President Elect sworn in.

I will gladly stand in if my nation needs to.

Henry Thompson, VP.

Name:John Thomas
Position Senator of Missouri
Main Goals: Pro Military, Anti Communism, and pro the United Nations ,would like to make palaistine isreal
Bio: Born in October, 1926, raised as a Republican. He worked in one of the factory's in the St.Lous area. During the Depression he was one of the few who still had they're jobs. When World War 2 broke out, he quit his job and signed up. He served on the Brazilian front and then later on the Pacific Front, where he lost almost all of the buddies he had made. When the war ended he was in Japan. He went back to Missouri where he ran for the Senate, and won
Ideology: Conservative Republican.

Last edited:
Whats the size of the Army

Last edited:
Whats the size of the Navy

Last edited:
Is it too late for me to join and if not, does Virginia still have a Senate seat open?

(Was I just elected president? I guess all I needed to do was not campaign to finally win one...)

I accept... the presidency...? If there is still a country to lead.