• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A vote for the Demcorats is a vote for America.

George Walsh speaking in Richmond, Virginia

Forget the arguments about the ACP being a regional party, a party just for the south. I am here to talk about why the American Conservative Party is not the best option for the south. About why the Democrats are.

The economy is now in a boom. An incredible boom. And what’s happened in the past after booms? Busts. And now the same mistakes are being repeated. So you know what Samuel Lee Davis says about the economy, people of Richmond? He says, ““if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”” People of Richmond, would you believe a man who says “”If it ain’t being robbed, don’t guard it.””? “”If it ain’t dying, don’t have a doctor.””? “”If you ain’t starving, don’t get a job.””? Really? Because that is what Samuel Lee Davis is saying. If a southerner’s job is threatened, the Democrats will help save it. If a southerner does not have a job, the Democrats will help get him one. Samuel Lee Davis will sit back and drink a bottle of wine.

Some people believe the south should be independent again. They are nothing but a pack of fools. This country was torn apart in a war over that. My brother died in a war over that. A return to southern nationalism will give us nothing but another war and many more pointless deaths. And even if a new southern state rises from the ashes of it, will our lives change at all? No. You will fly the Stars and bars instead of the Stars and Stripes, and Samuel Lee Davis will have chance to screw us up in a new and original way. We will gain nothing from independence.

Who votes for Samuel Lee Davis and the ACP? People who say “the south will rise again!” People who say “the confederacy will live in the hearts of our people”. Are these right-thinking people, my friends? Just because we are southerners does not mean we have to vote for this man. We don’t have to vote for our destruction and ruin. Joe Hayden maybe a northerner, but I am not, and I can tell you that Joe Hayden will bring our troops home and help us keep this country fair and equal.

((Epic, just what I was looking for!))

((I like that, I really do, but ultimately, I'm driven more by economic policy than anything else... I like Davis' stances, just not him :D. I don't like most of Vallejo's views, but he wants a free market, so... With Hayden, I like his non-interventionism, but can't stand his economic policy. So, I'm in a bit of a pickle.))

((Did you actually vote for me in the primaries? I only had two votes, I think ;)))

To those hesitant about voting ACP for President, I would remind you that Mr. Davis's plan speaks only of advice, not of regional autonomy. I, of course, would lend a helpful ear and do what I could to make sure that Mr. Davis understands your concerns.

Soo... are you voting for someone, waiting for clarification like Riccardo, or abstaining? :)
((Clarification. Which Avindian seems to have provided.))

I shall vote for Samuel Lee Davis, hoping only that his ideals do not get subverted by some of his... more extreme supporters.

I will (reluctantly, mind you) cast my vote for Samuel Lee Davis, though I hope he abandons his plan for pointless regional departments that serve to do little other than bolster the Washington bureaucracy.

Davis: 5 ((Holy crap i'm actually winning :eek: ))
Hayden: 3 ((Ol' Joe's making a good run))
Vallejo: 3 ((Is it just me, or with clearer party deliniation, have the federalists completely lost thier steam compared to last elections landslide?))

Last edited:
Vallejo: 1 ((Is it just me, or with clearer party deliniation, have the federalists completely lost thier steam?))

I wouldn't count them out quite yet. The scales can tip after the first day/night (depending on where you are).

Also:

James Harrison supports President Vallejo.

I wouldn't count them out quite yet. The scales can tip after the first day/night (depending on where you are).

Also:

James Harrison supports President Vallejo.

(((Pbtth making me edit my count again, that NPC, damn him! :p))

A Speech by Joe Hayden to a National Conference of Women Voters

Enough is enough! We've seen almost a decade of dithering from the various men who have occupied the White House since the war. The plebiscites have been held, the elections have been held, and yet - still! - American husbands, sons, and fathers remain stationed abroad with not a word from our Presidents regarding the likelihood of their future return. Well, I say to you now, no American soldiers shall remain abroad after my term. Barring the defense of an ally or the contractual treaty obligations set forth by previous administrations, I will bring our boys home!

We must say: No to endless war! No to occupation! No to imperialist adventures!

It is time for the American government to focus on the will of the American people, not the American banker!

Samuel Lee Davis

Jimmy Nightmore campaigning for the Democrats:

If you look at all the Candidates you will see that the Hayden/ Walsh ticket is the only ticket for peace and prosperity. Vallejo want to keep out imperialistic policy and keep our troops on foreign soil to fight in God knows what war. America was created as a Democratic nation with good Christian values. To force our young men to serve on some foreign battlefield for the glory of some imperial ideals is not that. And let's not get started about Davis. He wants to recreate the Civil War and force Americans to fight Americans. Peace a Prosperity are our only options. Vote Hayden/ Walsh for a prosperous America.

Americans, today is the day to vote for those who see the real America. Those who feel the passion of the West and what drives us as a nation. They provide the middle ground of this country that attracts so many. From a military man, the Federalists provide the clearest, best plan for military expansion and improvement while the others I find lacking. With our growing presence in the world and our developing relations with superpowers it is very important that we develop our military and keep it on track to keep our sphere of influence intact. A strong Army, Navy, and Marine Corps are necessary in protecting our interests, foreign or domestic, and protecting our allies from aggression.

Thomas H. Collins giving a speech in Chicago:

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Workers and Sailors! I call for you all to vote Joe Hayden for president, he is a true working man for working men everywhere! He is a true hero of the working man. He worked his way up from a Boston fisherman, worked extensively to organise the labour of the nation and played a major role in the founding of the National Labour Union, of which I myself helped organise in the Great Lakes. Voting for him is a vote for the security of the working masses of America! Join me my friends and let us make a statement to the leaders of this nation that it is we of the working class who are the powerful, and the rich who must hear our demands for protections! Vote Joe Hayden for president!"

((Yeah, post 6666!... nevermind :sad:))

I believe I shall endorse President Vallejo for a second term. The only way I will reconsider this vote is if either Hayden endorses a free market, or Davis abandons his foolish regionalism.

Americans, what have we had in these last four years but peace abroad and domestically? My opponents would like you to believe that the peaceful stationing of troops at the agreement of the young governments of our allies is somehow duplicitous or warlike. Is it warlike to deter invasions against our allies and fellow democratic governments? Is the peaceful development and training of a friendly government battle? Is keeping our troops ready to deter attacks on our trade and invasions of our land war? Keeping America safe and maintaining peace and freedom abroad is more than simply turtling in our soldiers until war reaches us. Let us keep to the path of prosperity and peace that we have traveled on, and avoid well intentioned but unwary policies. A vote for the Federal Party is a vote for the sound pursuance of policies to promote peace and prosperity for all Americans.

But should we not encourage them to defend themselves? Our presence there does a multitude of things, the two most important being; dependency and resentment. The governments of those nations will become dependent on our forces, on our presence, to maintain stability, and will also have less of a need for their own armies. The resentment comes from that dependency, and they cannot stand it. It causes hatred, xenophobia, extreme nationalism, and violence. We should mind our own business!

For many months Glynn had been unusually withdrawn, newspapers contained many speculations about why that may be; an affair, party disagreements, illness. The last of which was true. Glynn formally ended his political career with an open letter to the people printed in multiple newspapers, being especially poignant in the newspaper that had supported him for decades and helped launch his career; the California Daily.

Throughout my long life in politics I have stridden to do my best by the American people; I was one of the leading voices calling for the liberation of the Spanish territories, and then ensuring we ourselves did not fall to imperialist greed, I attempted to pass a second bill of rights to further protect great American values, as well as anti-monopoly legislation to ensure the long-term sustainability of our economy, and overseen the transformation of our Department of the Interior. While I may not have been President myself I have had a great honour in serving beside three great presidents; Callahan, Bridgeworthy and Vallejo. In their administrations I hope I have helped shaped the governance of this country for the better. So I do hope that my legacy may be considered a good one, and that the ideals I stood for may be continued in politics for many a year into the future. God bless you all.

- Oliver Ewart Glynn

A few months later Glynn would die of tuberculosis.

((Sorry if this throws a spanner in any of your plans Gloa, I wanted his death to be a suprise.))