• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Ok I'm back. What did I miss? What should I be complaining about? :) ))

While i am a Vinograd, i must say that i do NOT support any kind of violence in politics. I was fightin' rebs in the civil war, and i don't want my sons or grandsons to have to fight rebs again, whether it be southern separatists or Communists.

We National Vinogradists remain loyal and non-revolutionary as do nearly all of the Marxists.

I propose that politicians of this Union consider that the time has come for a great Constitutional Change, one that shall solidify the many rights fought for over the past half-century.

Second Bill of Rights

Amendment I
Section 1. The right of workers to collectively bargain with their employers shall not be infringed.
Section 2. The Congress shall have power to regulate and enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Amendment II
Section 1. No American Citizen within the United States should be condemned to death, sickness or ailment due to lack of healthcare.
Section 2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Amendment III
Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.
Section 2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Amendment IV
Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.
Section 2. The Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Amendment V
Section 1. No American Citizen within the United States should be forced to do degrading, unnecessarily unsafe, or otherwise unfair labour, as dictated by Congress.
Section 2. No American Citizen within the United States should be paid below a minimum wage, as chosen by Congress.
Section 4. Any man entering the United States military does so on the understanding they may be asked to make sacrifices, including the ultimate sacrifice, and thus Sections 1 & 2 of this Amendment are not applicable.
Section 5. Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

Last edited:
It seems that there is no need for Col. Vandrove to be arrested, for all those who followed him are now abandoning him. The American people will not rise up against us in his self-glorified "revolution", so we should not prove what it is he preaches by taking away the people's right to free speech. Col. Vandrove will only be arrested by my administration if he does in fact break the law, which he has not broken yet.

I agree (begrudgingly, for Michael Jamous is a New Democrat) with said Michael Jamous. As a fact, Vandrove has broken no law. Too much of a precedent could be created by the arrest of what appears a harmless firebrand. A fine line rests between tyranny and freedom, tyranny of the few, tyranny of the government, and tyranny of the masses, freedom is what we must always strive towards above all else. Under my administration Vandrove will not be arrests without do cause (I might send a few evangelists towards his house door though).

I once again call on the Libertarians to consider Bachmann a candidate who will put their concerns forward on a Democratic level for the benefit of all.

Edit: (Did I mention New Democrats suck? ;-))

I stand by the wise President in his call to ban and arrest people calling for the destruction of our nation! We may have freedom of speech, but does that give someone the right to preform TREASON against the United States like the rebels did? NO! These rabbel rousers must be toned down or arrested.

We are a nation of free men, gentlemen. There should be no reason to throw our freedoms under one man who talks like he has the answers. The American people are our boss, the power should not be given to a "Chairman" or "Comrade" in Washington!

It seems that Senator Hensdale is the only one running for President with the foresight to see the threat posed by treasonous talk. How soon we forget the horrors of the last war. Senator Hensdale also understands the dangers posed by European entanglements. I have become convinced to back him for the White House and hope others will also see the wisdom of his views.

A revolutionary with no backers ends up as a back-water idealist. I would also like to remind the former president of my stance against European entanglements. Do not let a single extremist make you forget what is good for your party and country. The previous Civil War was caused by the action reaction of the Southern firebrands and the US government. If ever one was to take a step back and stop the madness, the Civil War, the costly War, would never have occurred. There is wisdom in taking a step back, to show Vandrove is nothing but a firebrand without listeners, to show the American ideals of free speech remain, and to stop the possible martyrdom of an extremist. If need be, I would forgo the vote of a fellow Republican for what is right for this country...

You fought a war to unify this great country of freedom, to guarantee the rights of all citizens under the federal government...

(Aye atomicsoda! Something so silly to make the Republicans lose this election?)

We've already got a three-way race, and we don't really have the voter base for a four-way one, so I'm not going to allow an independent runner this time. Mr. Callahan will run as "The Social Unionist" wing of the Libertarian Party.
Furthermore, The Social Unionists should have been run by me. I'll allow them, but expect to do some radical surgery on your final platform in case of a nomination.

((The Social-Unionist movement wasn't a new party, just a Debsian/Trade Unionist faction of the Libertarians to sit in the middle of the two Vinogradist wings.

The whole running as an independent proposal depended on me winning the Libertarian Party nomination, there would only be a three way race.

Platforms have always been a statement of intent rather than a rule. I would be comfortable with some hostile congresses. Plus, every reformist knows that legislation is only the first step to improving the government; Nobody said these reforms were universally enforced.

(Meh, the rest of the world will see how cool we are and copy our system anyways.)

((This is clearly how ideology works. :p ))

Amendment III
Section 1. The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

You have my support.
((Mostly because I'd like to see what the election officals try to do when me and a White House intern do the horizontal tango in a voting booth. I always use [contitutional] protection...))

I once again call on the Libertarians to consider Bachmann a candidate who will put their concerns forward on a Democratic level for the benefit of all.

Edit: (Did I mention New Democrats suck? ;-))

Hey, lets support this gu- Hold on... You almost got me there. :)

Last edited:
You have my support.
((Mostly because I'd like to see what the election officals try to do when me and a White House intern do the horizontal tango in a voting booth. I always use [contitutional] protection...))

((Well those are the exact words of this timelines version, so you can try it now!))

Williams have showed his hand. He is using colonel Vandrove's ramblings to discredit the Vinogradist movement and to limit the right of the workers to organize themselves in Unions. This can't be accepted. Few Vinogradists would use violence, and the idea to police the ideology of trade unions only show that the president is a agent of big business, and on a war against the right to collective bargaining. All trade uinons must be allowed, we have free speech in this country.

From this only one conclusion can be drawn. The Libertarian Party is the only party that works for the interest of the small people and the working classes. The other parties only want to keep the status quo, and make sure the worker will always be a slave. Only a Libertarian vote is a vote for a Worker friendly government.

How does fighting against the same rebel rabble that was raised in the south, limit the already border line "Vinogradists"? Good man, do tell why you associate the people protecting the Constitution and our system of Government with "fighting" a "war"? You MUST know the horrors of the Civil War, why do you evoke such memories? If you where truly peaceful people, you would not evoke the carnage and horrors of the worst war this nation has ever seen! I am saddened that the people who fought to defend that ragged old flag are being accused of atrocities and belittled, simply because they want to protect the Federal Government they love so dear.

No, you conclusion is wrong sir, I, along with my followers and President Williams, are the only people who work for the interests of the Untied States and her Federal Government. Some of the Libertarians would willingly throw our government over to establish their dictatorial regimes. Sure, I will concede the working conditions in this nation are not the best they could be, but calling them slaves? You are AGAIN evoking the horrors of the last war! Do explain what would happen when members of your party would come to power? People think it is right to steal the wealth of the people who create the jobs of this country, and give it to the less fortunate. This, makes the wealthy wish to leave this nation for other nations who do not depend on such stupid economics. Then, the poor become the subjects of the government. When all the wealthy leave, who will pay your bills? Who will give the money to your populace?

The answer, Libertarians and my fellow Americans, is no one. Their economic system is based in fantasy, their foreign policy is destruction, and they keep the ghost of the Civil War around to manipulate for their own good! Brave Americans lives should NOT be the pawns of the libertarians!

((should we be using the term former President Williams, just to clarify things when we're talking about him? Or is there are better term for it?))

Americans, we are torn between two extremes. On one hand are radicals who call even for rebellion and the destruction of democratic principles. We must respond vigilantly to these threats, but also lawfully. Conspiracy to overthrow the government of the people of the United States, or active rebellion towards that goal are criminal actions. Free speech is not. Radicals who may been shown to conspire, or who rebel, form militias with the intent to rebel, or otherwise disturb the public peace must be arrested for those actions, and for them alone.

If elected, I will pursue such radicals ceaselessly. I propose funding to local policing agencies to provide systems to better investigate and counter such criminal actions to better protect the American people, while not overstepping the law.

On the other hand are another group of radicals. The radicals of complacency and extended corruption. They claim that they are the true interest of the government, rather than the people, and would have us abridge the rights of man, extend shady deals with their corporations and pocket books, and break our own laws in order to provide an illusion of peace and right.

A free market works with a free people. We must not be swayed to discard the market, or our own freedoms. Competition, fair and peaceful collective bargaining, and support for developing industry and jobs must continue in the republic. If we allow either end to fatten itself only from government funds by monopolies, unlawful practices, and suppression of peaceful dissent from either side, we weaken the very foundations of our economy.

Vote for the Republican Party to balance between these extremes - to promote the interests of Americans - not the narrow interests of business or of radical labor. Vote for me and let us work out lawful and balanced legislation to protect us from revolutionaries and anarchists, to promote equality and prevent corruption in business, and to stay at peace abroad while still promoting the interests of democracy.

In a speech in Richmond, Virginia

Friends, it seems we have been close to this day for a long time. We can no longer logically be apart of the corrupt New Democrats. The intrepid leadership under the incompetent President Jamous, who has sold the United States to the corporation, and has set our foreign policy over the edge. Thus, It is with great protest that I resign from the New Democratic party, as well as their primary. I leave the party of my family under the pretense that they are no longer able to lead. Instead, I have now filled papers to join the Republican Party, the TRUE party of the United States, who under their leadership has seem growth, and end to war, and an era of good feelings. As such, I now join the Republican party's primary for President.

Thank you, and may the American Eagle shine over our great land!

Republican Senator Sam Hensdale

((Basically, New Dem to Repub.))

(Acht, you couldn't just decide to support the rightful Republican candidate (me) in the primaries ;-))

I am over-joyed as a Republican that the Senator Hensdale has seen the light (because New Democrats kill babies, it is known)

The Republican voters now have a question to ponder. Why is this Republican (myself) different from all other Republicans. I will leave the answer after the Beep.

((Hey - I gotta keep up my New Dem attacks somehow. Win or no win, I shall support the republicans to the end!))

Beep? What is this beep? But, I do not expect much, having just found my calling in the more sensible Republican Party. I am glad to be welcomed with open arms by fellow Republicans. We have an election to win! Let us band together, United as the Party that saved the Union! Huzzah!

Speech from the White House

I ask for Senator Hensdale to provide proof of how my administration has sold the United States to the corporations within it. All I have heard or seen is the blatant lies from the other parties. There has been no truth to these calls of corruption. And has not my administration seen growth in America as well? Are we not still in a time of peace? Our sons and young men remain on American soil, not fighting in foreign wars. I will not send our men over to fight for foreign interests, but only to free our trapped brothers and sisters in Cuba if (!!) we must fight.

I see now that any compromise within Congress with the corrupt individuals of the Republican and Libertarian parties will be impossible. I see that this election may tear apart our Union once more thanks to the blantant lies those individuals have created to attempt to win votes in this election. I see America will not listen to reason as it had once done, but instead follow the dangerous road many of the politicians in Congress have chosen to follow.

It is with great sadness that I now officially announce my resignation from the New Democrat primary. I ask for one of our remaining great members to rise up and place their candidacy. I shall support them and vote for them, but once my term as President is finally over, I shall resign from politics. I have achieved what I set out to do when I became the Senator for Virginia, the South has been restored and the Union in peace.

May God bless the United States of America, and keep her safe in these dark times. Thank you.

King! You can't resign! If you do, we have no New Democratic candidate!

In fact, I forbid you from resigning! :p

King! You can't resign! If you do, we have no New Democratic candidate!

In fact, I forbid you from resigning! :p

((Well tough noodles!! :p The deed is done and the cat is out of the bag. There is no going back from here. Alot of other sayings that have no real meaning in this thread. ;) Lets just wait till later when the ND members are on and see who nominates themselves.))

It seems that the payment for taking America into an era of growth and prosperity is lies, unloyalty and disrespect. I am sadended by the current events. I will not be putting forward my nomination as I'm not sure I could work with other parties that use such dirty and low tactics. Parties which wish to tear America apart.

I wish Mr Jamous the best of luck in all his future endeavours. The ND will miss such a inspiring and great leader.

I will be proposing an arms contract in the future for Elipious Arms.

Thomas Howard
Senator of Massachusetts and CEO of Howard Industries
Defender of Eqality and the freedom of choice.

Last edited: