• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Captain2

Recruit
Aug 3, 2019
Original:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/am-i-missing-something-positronic.1229079/

I have spent several days looking for this breakthrough to finish the platinum off on my game and I am finding that it is nowhere to be found.

I have tried using map coords found online; randomly picking locations on the Mars screen, and lastly, using map coords from survivingmaps.com.

I have gone through all old saves stored on my PS+ cloud. Also:

• I have used all sorts of sponsors and settings (inc. no settings).
  • I have built the telescope on all maps that I used to complete the stories.
  • I have completed all stories.
  • I have checked all anomalies and expeditions on all of the maps across my save files.
  • Every area on each map that I have used has been deep scanned.
  • Besides above I have attempted to deep scan entire maps before landing so as to not waste any more time.

I have not once seen the breakthrough since starting the game.

I can indeed replicate this issue. In fact that is the problem.

So I am making the claim that this breakthrough is bugged to some extent. Or, if it is random, has a very, very, low chance of appearing.

However, unlike other coords that were where forum posters and other players said they were, this one breakthrough is nowhere to be found.

At the very least could this be looked into?

Upvote 0
I got this breakthrough several times.
For your info, as far as I know:
breakthr popup in map scanning (19 and 23 with Paradox sponsor),
when building telescope (3),
completing a mystery (1),
but also :
in planetary anomalies mission (5-10 ?),
when capturing a meteor or meteors showers (3-5 ?),

Hope this helps, good luck.
I completed the Challenges games and got the Positronic Brain several times, but I can't remembre in which Challenges...

Last edited:
I got this breakthrough several times.
For your info, as far as I know:
breakthr popup in map scanning (19 and 23 with Paradox sponsor),
when building telescope (3),
completing a mystery (1),
but also :
in planetary anomalies mission (5-10 ?),
when capturing a meteor or meteors showers (3-5 ?),

Hope this helps, good luck.
I completed the Challenges games and got the Positronic Brain several times, but I can't remembre in which Challenges...

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I didn't understand what you mean about the numbers though. Do you mean you got them in that order?

I don't suppose you know which map either?

I have just tried getting the breakthrough on a few maps on the base game too, before updating, and no luck there either.