• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Havard
Got it. And there's nothing wrong with the csv file you had. I just put it in the scenarios\gc folder and added the filename in the pops list in 1836.eug and it worked fine :)

There's something wrong with the 1836 you sent me though. This is the start of the file:
Code:
[color=skyblue]"name = ""GC_NAME"""	

header = {[/color]
, while this is the start of my 1836.eug:
Code:
[color=skyblue]name = "GC_NAME"

header = {[/color]
:confused:

I don't have it in the original file, and i haven't added anything like that.. does something in the program add quotes when i overwrite the file? i don't know. I will now check that line and see how it reacts. But it's weird.

I was Excel to blame, since scripting and overwriting the files in excel format f***s up the original file. So i switched to notepad and everything went smooth. I could not even see the extra quote marks n excel, while i noticed them in notepad.

Thanks for everything. Now back to POP's again... :)

Originally posted by Tunch Khan
I was Excel to blame, since scripting and overwriting the files in excel format f***s up the original file. So i switched to notepad and everything went smooth. I could not even see the extra quote marks n excel, while i noticed them in notepad.

Thanks for everything. Now back to POP's again... :)
One of the many reasons why I never edit any files in Excel... ;)

Havard said:
Well, technically you are off course correct, but since only a few people can do that (i.e. only the programmers at Paradox) I chose to refer to the practical side of the question... ;)

I suppose the same logic applies to text.csv (the good old "no-new-translation" bugbear) except that the limiting factors are not the Will of Johan but the effort and money to get some contracts reworked. (Will of Patric?)

EUnderhill said:
I suppose the same logic applies to text.csv (the good old "no-new-translation" bugbear) except that the limiting factors are not the Will of Johan but the effort and money to get some contracts reworked. (Will of Patric?)

Nah. The limiting factor isn't the effort to make new contracts, but the lack of sales to have enough leverage on publishers to force the changes. If I want to bargain the price of a car I'm buying, no chance. If my father who has bought 4 cars from the same store and is willing to buy more tries the same, he gets 10% off easily.

Havard said:
-You can rename existing tags. E.g. you could replace some African culture with "African Minor" and use it for something else.

I have done what you have said. I replace the culture Lomwe with the culture Breton in the file world_name.csv. Than I open the file POR_colonies.csv and I replace Lomwe with African Minor and I replace the culture French in the file FRA_bretagne.csv with breton. When I try to start a game in Victoria, it crashes and there is a message like this "breton culture is unknown". I think that I have forgotten something....

Bleiz Du said:
I have done what you have said. I replace the culture Lomwe with the culture Breton in the file world_name.csv. Than I open the file POR_colonies.csv and I replace Lomwe with African Minor and I replace the culture French in the file FRA_bretagne.csv with breton. When I try to start a game in Victoria, it crashes and there is a message like this "breton culture is unknown". I think that I have forgotten something....

How did you change it. Do not change the "capital" letter part, only the small case.

And in the POP files you have to still use the old name of the tag.

So in your FRA pop file, your new breton culture would be scripted as

ProvID;lomwe;farmer;catholic

not

ProvID;breton;farmer;catholic

as the game engine only will recognize the term lomwe in the engine - it will however display Breton on screen if you have the culture in world_names.csv listed as

CULTURE_LOMWE;Breton;;;;;;

I have two questions and i couldn't find any answer.

from what i get from the 2nd and 3rd post in this thread you enter how many people live in in a province, and how many of these are for example craftsmen. now my question is: how does popmaker split all the crafts in a province to pops? maybe it is just me that got everything hopelessly wrong...

a quick one:is it possible to get the txt file with all the percent data from the csv's?

cheers :)