• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Duke of Wellington said:
If this religion is to gain favour in the Roman Empire history is going to be a little different.
It is always sooo fun to read what my readers think what is happening...muhahah!

Sure I am a bit vague, and I do not write any dates...but the dates are there. You just gotta look.

Oh fudge...just discovered a big fudge up in my latest installment. Gonna fix it when I get home again tomorrow. Since I gotta run now.

EDIT: There made a quick fix.

One really should not know much of what is going on at the start of a story like this. Of course, by the end time you also rarely know what is going on either - but least by then you know how much you do not know!!! ;) :D

Prelude Part VIII
papal_seal.gif

The Papal Seal, the true symbol of religiuos and worldly might, with only the seal of the Holy Roman Emperor of comperable strenght, and even then, the Emperor lacked the support of being the representative of God on Earth. Yet, there was as much power scheming in the corridors of the Catholic Church, as in any other realm.

In the workroom of the Pope Gregory VII sat the Pope and his own personal advisor.

"Gregory, about the Emperor...your predecessors was deposed of the Emperors father. Now, his son is moving against you. You must act or let someone act in the behalf of the good for the Holy Church. We must not be trampled down by dukes, kings, not even the Holy Roman Emperor himself."

"But Leiss, he is more powerful then the Church...what can I do?"

"The Church is powerful in other ways then in worldly matters. The peasentry and commoners listen to the Church, through lies power...a king without peasents to get taxes or militia from is not a king for long...and the dukes, especially the saxons is itching for a opportinity to rise up against the Emperor."

"Yes...that would be an option...but why not more direct?"

"What has my dear Pope tought of?"

"Excommunication."

"Maybe be a bit too direct, but would suit excellently. But...wait, let he loose support from the commoners and nobles first. Then...he will suffer, and feel the plight of being alone, with everyone against him."

Leiss added very quietly "The nobles now, shall suffer like the Dark One did."

"Leiss, did you say something?"

"No, my dear Gregory. Shall I write the messages and have them brought to you for stamping with the seal?"

"Yes do so, how would I ever get by with the service of you or your family Leiss?"

Leiss answered with a smile that could be read as warm, but was only filled with nothing that even seemed like an emotion, only cold calculations and scheming.

"You wouldn't."

Last edited:
So the very highest counsels are penetrated.

Prelude Part IX​
old_mission_corridors.jpg

Two men, each dressed in clothes similar to, but not are the one weared by workers of the Holy Roman Church, walks down the sunlit corridors of the Vatican, inside Rome...

"Navid, please see reason, this fueding can lead no good. With the church divided, we become weak. A strong church is essential for our cause, don't you see it?"

"Taher...you will always be an idealist. They..." Navid waves his hand as to encompass all of the Vatican "Have become corrupt under sways of money and worldly matters, this schism will only bring good to our cause, since they will then forced to reform. This schism will ensure our influence of popes to come, as we had before."

"No...with three popes there can be no stablility that we work within, if people is nervous they see more things, and they might even see us. Thought about it?

"You are naivë and scared, Brother, it will be no such thing. People will only see us as a family, comparable to de Medici family, a succesfull family, and nothing more.

"What about the Defender! His actions against Natalius? Should our work against antipopes be forlorn?"

"No...but the church must be reformed...look to the future Navid, and it will be bright."

"Taher...I am filled with grievness when I hear this...but so be it..."

Navid walks away from Taher with slumped shoulders, sadness in his eyes, leaving Taher by himself.

During the following night Taher and much of his family died, as the entire neighbourhood was burnt to the ground, such a loss of a bright mind...

Duke of Wellington said:
So is B'mo'otm a family?

Could be, could be. But I am not sure.

Prelude Part X
icon-of-christ.jpg

Navid was finally satisfied...with the tragic loss of Taher, the Avignon Pope lost their support and the Holy Roman Church once more was united under the pope Martin V.

In a secluded courtyard in the Vatican, stood Navid before the loyalists. It is night, and the courtyard is only lit up by the moon and lanterns...casting a warm glow over the gathered.

"Now...the stars stands as predicted...now...we can act. No longer will we stand in the darkness. Now we will make our stand, and reclaim for B'mo'otm what we deserve. We will not see it, but our heirs and future followers will."

Navid raises his arms towards to sky and speak loudly, almost screaming.

"Never falter, never hesitate, never fall down! Give us shelter Mother! Give us strenght Defender! Be with us! Now and forever!"

Halfway trough, the crowd joins in with Navid, giving birth to a powerful chant.

Tremble world, tremble ye unfaithful, tremble ye nobles...tremble...

Intermission I
This story takes place mainly with the Papal States, but in a version unseen so far.

I have modded it a bit, giving the Papal States less Aristocracy and more Centralization.

Soon the first update, I hope.

Ah, cloak and dagger and whatnot. This should be one to follow :nods:

The usurpation thus appears almost complete.