• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JKiller96

Court Imam
111 Badges
Feb 17, 2013
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • War of the Roses
  • War of the Vikings
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
I wandered upon this map while doing some research:

800px-Philippines_%28pre_1521%29.jpg

So the Phillipines had Chinese, hindu, muslim and shamanist kingdoms and states during the time of EU4. The hindu Tondo kingdom and Maguindanao sultanate being the largest. An area where Sunni-meets-Hindu-meets-Confucian-meets-shamanism with kingdoms for each would be very interesting and just a suggestion.

Reactions:
Upvote 0
I agree that the Phillipines needs some work on, and preferably some nations like that on the map. Since right now I feel like the Phillipines is one of the only places left in the game, that needs improvement.

+1

Reactions:
I do hope that Africa and the Phillipines get some improvements in the next major patch, if so the game would seem pretty complete to me.

Reactions:
Philippines really could use some work. This is my version (also including Indonesia):

3iplg3P.jpg

Reactions:
I like your version, but maybe fill the north with the Sino-filipino states, and also add the sultanate of Lanao, remove that northernmost province of Tondo and give them the one to their south/east

Reactions:
FjG4ugI.png

This is my map that I would like to see for the Phillipines. Each number represents a province. New provinces would have to be made for Mai, pangasinan, cebu, eskaya, and others. Also some small colonizable islands that are currently missing from north of the archipelago. There are dynastical records for Maguindanao Tondo Cebu and Butuan but not for very many others. Randomly generated ones should do just as well.

Filipino National ideas;
Traditions
+1 Tolerance of Heathens
+10% Naval Force Limits
Ideas:
Arab Muslim Merchants: +20% trade range
Indian Influences: -10% development cost
Chinese Influences: -5% technology cost
Animist Traditions: +1 Tolerance of the true faith
Together We Stand Divided We Fall: +1 Diplomatic Relations
Promote The Court Language: -10% stability cost
Resist the Imperialists: +10% Morale of Armies
Ambition
+10% Manpower Recovery Speed

Reactions:
The entire Pacific area in general I'd love to see a revamp of

Reactions:
Bump, wondering if the devs have any opinion regarding this area of the map

Reactions:
I wandered upon this map while doing some research:

800px-Philippines_%28pre_1521%29.jpg

So the Phillipines had Chinese, hindu, muslim and shamanist kingdoms and states during the time of EU4. The hindu Tondo kingdom and Maguindanao sultanate being the largest. An area where Sunni-meets-Hindu-meets-Confucian-meets-shamanism with kingdoms for each would be very interesting and just a suggestion.
I think this is very interesting, and a good opportunity for new nations :D the only thing I would suggest is this: be sure to leave some provinces as terra nullius, otherwise a ryukyu or Japan run would be a lot harder ;)

Reactions:
Tondo would definitely be a good addition to the game, in my opinion - it was a large power that wouldn't be a simple OPM like most suggested nations would be. Maguindanao would be nice too, considering how large it was and how long it lasted, but since it didn't exist at the start of the game (it was founded in the early 1500s), there would have to be an event for it to appear.

Beyond that, I'm not too sure - Paradox wants to limit new tags, so obviously suggestions where there are a dozen or so new states aren't going to be considered. Beyond Tondo and Maguindanao, I could see Pangasinian and Cebu, and maybe the the Madyas Confederation, but even then we're getting into relatively minor powers that might not be worth sacrificing a precious tag for (and I would like to see 1 - 3 of those precious tags used in Madagascar as well!)

Reactions:
If paradox is limiting new tags, I guess leaving out the tribals like Igorot, Iloko, Eskaya and Lumad would put some space. But the others are pretty solid states with long histories. I feel that region is just completely wrong (and it is) in it's current state

Reactions:
Out of curiosity, what date is that map representing?

While I do think that it would certainly be a good idea to add in more states to the Philippines beyond Sulu, I don't think they should be complete populated with them either. I think Tondo, Madyas, Maguindinao and Pangasinan would be solid additions, but no more than that (give the colonizers a chance to get a foothold, and keep Brunei from conquering the entire Philippines before Europe even gets a shot at them. Also would keep lag down a bit).

Reactions:
I don't know what 'No Fix Adobe' means on that map, but couldn't those provinces be uncolonised land for the colonists?

Reactions:
Out of curiosity, what date is that map representing?

While I do think that it would certainly be a good idea to add in more states to the Philippines beyond Sulu, I don't think they should be complete populated with them either. I think Tondo, Madyas, Maguindinao and Pangasinan would be solid additions, but no more than that (give the colonizers a chance to get a foothold, and keep Brunei from conquering the entire Philippines before Europe even gets a shot at them. Also would keep lag down a bit).

The map is circa 1450-1501. All the states on the map existed at the start in 1444 minus Lanao and Maguindanao which popped up in 1500. I would say if you're leaving out states, leave out the animist tribals, then it's pretty spacious and still historical esque.

Reactions:
I don't know what 'No Fix Adobe' means on that map, but couldn't those provinces be uncolonised land for the colonists?
No fix abode means that the tribes in that certain area were nomadic.

All colonial areas outside of the colonial regions need some work. Perhaps they shouldn't be colonised (using colonists) at all but instead handled some other way.

Reactions:
Started a game at the year 1800 yesterday and Maguindanao was there, so the tag already exists. It doesn't own any provinces at the 1444 start date, though.
Wait a sec... I'm looking into countries on the wiki right now... there are three Filipino tags(Lanao, Maguindanao and Sulu) in the game already! Why isn't there a single one at the start date though? Based on what the devs said, no one's playing beyond 1493 scenario and based on what's been posted in this thread, Maguindanao should be there at the very beginning.

Reactions:
Wait a sec... I'm looking into countries on the wiki right now... there are three Filipino tags(Lanao, Maguindanao and Sulu) in the game already! Why isn't there a single one at the start date though? Based on what the devs said, no one's playing beyond 1493 scenario and based on what's been posted in this thread, Maguindanao should be there at the very beginning.

No it shouldn't be, Maguindanao wasn't founded until the early 1500s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sultanate_of_Maguindanao

Surprisingly, it doesn't have an event to spawn it in 1520 (when it appears in game if you're selecting non-standard start dates), and it really should. I'm actually very surprised that I didn't know there was actually a tag already for it in game - that goes to show how rarely seen it is. It really needs a spawning event...

Sulu is in a similar situation, but it does have an event to form it in 1450, when the Sultanate was founded. Granted, since traditionally the first Sultan married into a non-Islamic native dynasty that ruled there for several generations before that, it's arguable that it should be there at the game's start

Tondo, on the other hand, isn't in the game, should be in the game, and should be there from the game's start.

Last edited:
Reactions: