• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Milan23

Captain
40 Badges
Mar 15, 2016
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
The Philippines are a large and rich archipelago in the game which are terribly unrepresented. Historically the Philippines were colonized by the Spanish from the early 16th century but at the game start the islands were full of religiously and culturally diverse kingdoms, sultanates and rajahnates.

Im proposing a solution whilst it may not be the most historically accurate (i dont know what sources the researches use) but i hope the devs will take it and improve it hopefully implementing into their next expansion which i know a lot of us hope is Asia.

Firstly i think the Philippines deserve their own region. It is a large group of islands large enough to merit a region named the 'Philippines'. as its currently under the region of the 'Moluccas'.

Secondly the Philippines only have 13 provinces for an area of 300,000 km2 whilst the island of Java also has 13 provinces but it only has an area of 128,297 km2 which is more than half the area of the Philippines. I propose the adition of 9 provinces as shown on the map below:

20160422082255_1.jpg

A- This will be the city province of Manilla but named Maynilla. It will also be a centre of trade and the centre of the Manilla trade node

B- Renamed Calabarzon (this is a modern name as i couldn't find a historical name)

C- Renamed Mindoro

D- Renamed Naga, capital Naga

E- Renamed Albay, capital Sawangan

F- Renamed Samar, cant find a capital

G- Renamed Leyte, capital Kankabatok

H- Renamed Buglas, cant find a capital

I- Renamed Cebu, capital Sugbo

J- Renamed Bohol, cant find a capital

K- Renamed Zamboanga, capital Talpokan

L- Renamed Lanao, cant find capital

M- Renamed Butuan, capital Butuan

Butuan - Renamed Kalag

Now for the new tags

I propose 8 new tags in total which will all have different religions ect.:

Kingdom of Maidh - 1 province which is Mindoro, religion is Vajrayana

Kingdom of Pasanginan - 2 provinces of Pangasinan and Tondo with the first being its capital province and the city being Binalatongan, religion is Vajrayana

Tondo - 3 provinces of B, D and E with its capital being in B, religion Hindu

Madyas - 2 provinces of Panay and Buglas with its capital being Panay, religion Hindu

Cebu - 1 province of Cebu, Hindu

Butuan - 1 province of Butuan, Hindu

Sultanate of Maynilla - 1 province of Maynilla (Manilla), religion Sunni

Sultanate of Maguindanao - 2 provinces of K and L, capital L, religion Sunni

Finally 1 more change is that the province of Palawan should belong to Brunei

All other provinces will remain uncolonized

There are a few other aspects ive yet to talk about such as NI's but i will mention these when/if this gets enough support (hope it will!)

Thats my proposition and i really hope that one of the devs such as @DDRJake can have a look at this and consider it for the game. I do stress that i got a lot of this information from Wikipedia but you devs can use your sources to make it more accurate if needed and i think the core of it is quite accurate and the idea is quite complete although it still needs a little bit of work i believe including the Philippines in the game will really add to the flavour of playing in South East Asia and especially in Malaya/Indonesia.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Upvote 0
I think the NI's are really good and represent the different countries well. I Defo think the devs should consider re-working the Philipinnes and it shouldn't be that difficult as we've done all the hard work for them!

Thanks let's hope the Dev team agrees with us

Reactions:
You can't really compared Java and the Philippines. First is smaller, true, but very densely populated while pre-modern Philippines were in comparision pretty sparesely populated.

That said, check out this thread:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-phillipines.900409/

That's true. At most, when the Spanish came to the Philippines, there were only about half a million people and you have to divide it among several port kingdoms. Constant inter kingdom conflict and disasters made sure the population density was low.