• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
great updates! Egypt is returning to its former glory. :)

Russia will be a bit to handle but I believe with your allies you will do fine. Good luck, can't wait for the next installment.

Two, well, in a way, three very good updates Memnon! Now, good luck against Russia. As Sweden, I sometimes could hold them off but rarely. They send every last man to the death so be careful......anyway, update soon!

:rofl: After all that work, THAT happens.

I wish you luck though, it'd be a pity to see all this hard work go to waste. :(

Chapter Four
1866-1877

When I left you, Russia and Greece had just declared war on me, and my allies in Britain, France, and Sardinia had joined in my defense. Russia had an army much larger than mine. Things didn’t look so hot, but fortunately for me, the border was all mountain, so my valiant Egyptian troops made a dash to cover their flanks:

holding_my_ground.jpg

From there on out the front stabilized. The Russians, though mobilized and far outnumbering me, didn’t dare attack my mountain strongholds. Meanwhile, I waited for my stronger allies to do their business.

The British and French navies duke it out with the Russians en route to St. Petersburg:

french_british_russian_navy.jpg

Meanwhile, Europe erupted into war as Prussia contested the Austrian leadership of Germany. Though the Prussians made early inroads towards Vienna, within a few years, they had found themselves on the short end of the stick as Bavaria and Austria had their way with them:

german_leadership_war.jpg

At the same time, Egypt took advantage of the stalemate and the Russian naval distraction to go around stealing Russian colonial claims. These were scattered throughout the world, and would become quite handy later. I used these claims to slowly buy off the French and British claimed lands in Africa.

Stealing the Russian claim in Samoa:

samoa_stealing.jpg

Finally, after three years of war, Russia’s Achilles heel was found—Greece. Russia was impenetrable, but Greece was easy pickings for the alliance and with Athens in French hands, Egypt found itself with 33% warscore over Russia.

Russia accepts peace:

russia_peace.jpg

So what did I offer them? The three iron-rich provinces I had occupied, of course…

…and war indemnities.

I immediately received an influx of over 31,000 pounds. I was to receive 31,000 pounds every month for the next three years. This money was to prove vital to my plans.

With the Russian funds at my disposal, I quickly rebuilt my tattered army and further increased my industry. More importantly, however, I began building colonial claims as far as the eye could see.

Russia, meanwhile, delcared colonial war on Kalat, a Persian ally, and Persia and Russia--my two formidable neighbors, entered into war. I expected Russia to easily trounce Persia.

But then the British made an unexpected move:

uk_war_sokoto.jpg

There was only one thing for Egypt to do:

egypt_war_sokoto.jpg

Thanks to my new cavalry (paid for by Russian rubles), the occupation of Sokoto went quickly, and the British were cut off post-haste:

egypt_invade_sokoto.jpg

Meanwhile, France continued to show how lily-livered it was in this game:

france_backs_down.jpg

Sokoto was occupied, and the British did the annexing, meaning I got to keep all my land without receiving any badboy. The 89 POPs were worth the 100 prestige loss.

Soon after, the game turned 40. In the shot below, I included the massive push that Persia made into Russia. It would seem that the Sunnis and the Shiites had become ascendant once more.

All the lands of Egypt, January 1, 1876:

egypt_1876.jpg

After a long war, Persia and Russia made peace, with Persia getting massive gains.

The Persian peace treaty:

persia_peace_treaty.jpg

Persia after the peace treaty:

persia_after_peace.jpg

Both Russia and Persia were still much stronger than me. I don’t know how Persia got that strong that fast, but I was definitely afraid of them now. Hopefully, luck would be on my side…

persia_declares_war.jpg

Oh crap.

But then thirty-six days later:

russia_declares_war.jpg

OH CRAP!!

prussia_declares_war.jpg

OH CRAP!!!!!

Has Egypt finally run out of luck? Find out next time, in The Pharaoh and the Prophet.

So what did I offer them? The three iron-rich provinces I had occupied, of course…

…and war indemnities.

Nice.

Well, looks like it's Egypt and her two buddies against the world. Good luck with that. *scatters to the Americas*

Memnon said:
OH CRAP!!!!!
:rofl:

I see what you mean! But this is getting really good!

:D Rafiki

This is very enjoyable, Memnon; but unfortunately my slow computer cannot handle the massive amount of screenies so I have no idea what just happened with that last Oh Crap. Are you tangling with the mighty Persia? And not that I wish ill for your Egypt, but "Way to go, Persia!" They hold a special place in my heart, don't you know. :)

Keep up the great work and perhaps I can check out the missed screenies on my much faster computer at work.

Memnon..................(gulp) I believe that you are a dead man walking....................I mean, you are going to need God's help and alot of luck to hold off three huge countries. Still, good luck old chap!

coz1 said:
This is very enjoyable, Memnon; but unfortunately my slow computer cannot handle the massive amount of screenies so I have no idea what just happened with that last Oh Crap. Are you tangling with the mighty Persia? And not that I wish ill for your Egypt, but "Way to go, Persia!" They hold a special place in my heart, don't you know. :)

Well I see the screenies. Russia declared war on Egypt, formed alliance with Prussia who then joined the war.

Wow, with both Egypt and Persia undergoing a renaissance of power and influence things are looking good for the muslim world. But you have to finish nabbing the rest of Iraq from the Ottomans. It just looks sloppy on the map

Provided, of course, you survive :D

coz1 said:

Keep up the great work and perhaps I can check out the missed screenies on my much faster computer at work.

I think Prussia joined up against Egypt :)

Will Memnon be able to escape Persia's nefarious clutches? Will he be able to deal with his arch-nemesis Russia? Tune in tomorrow, same Memnon time, same Memnon channel :D

I can't believe I've missed three pages of Memnon's first AAR. Shame on me for being so unobservant... inobservational... nonbversvant... something like that.

You certainly do a good job leaving us hanging at the end of each installment.