• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
elbasto said:
Welcome back, hope you've get better... from whatever thing that caused it...

Ahh tis a wonderful thing called a broken disk... feels wonderful after a few days on meds

But I just need to map out the tale a bit and I'll be ready to roll!

Fenwick said:
Ahh tis a wonderful thing called a broken disk... feels wonderful after a few days on meds

But I just need to map out the tale a bit and I'll be ready to roll!

Ouch. :eek: I hope there's no permanent damage.

The wasted year

By May of 1942 German forces had reached a new high. The German red armies had conquered Europe. Italian and German forces had beaten the Allied forces from North Africa. Turkey, who joined on the side of the Comintern by February, swept into Syria, and Iraq quickly accreting their dominance over the area.
turkey1wf.jpg
Erwin Rommel was given full control of Western Europe. Working with the navy, and Luftwaffe he had setup a defense system that relied on few men, but almost guaranteed to repel any attack. Kietel was still busy mapping out his plans for the operation Lustitianea, the code name for the invasion of the United States. He had Marine units, tanks, infantry, everything ready. But ships still were a problem. Plus every time he had the force he wanted they were moved to Africa, or sent on some half baked plan to knock Bulgaria out of the conflict.

tank1se.png
In Germany, at least for the first part of the war, there were surprisingly few restrictions on civilian activities. Most goods were freely available. This was due in large part to the reduced access to certain luxuries already experienced by German civilians prior to the beginning of hostilities, that and the communist government’s restrictions on bourgeois items. The war made some less available but many were in short supply to begin with. For example, the famous Volkswagen "People's Cars" that Hitler had promised the German people were not actually produced until after the war. The factories meant for the cars were instead used to manufacture war materials. It was not until comparatively late in the war that the civilian German population was effectively organized to support the war effort.
By September of 1942, Hitler saw how the year was wasted. The momentum the Comintern forces had seemed to be dashed out. The Americans had defeated Mexican forces, and despite what Stalin said about assisting them, the Latin nation was finished. Worst of all Severing pointed to the lack of manpower available. Hitler feared his forces would take a big hit, but he never thought of not having replacements.

The committee of six

Bulgarian forces in Ethiopia fell in February of 1943. Hitler and his inner circle new that victory was close now. Calling for a meeting of the leading Communist nations, to decide how the war should proceed. For while the victory with Bulgaria was met with celebration, a growing minority in the various Comintern nations feared what the powerful United States would do. On May 1st, during the May Day celebrations, the Proletariat War Committee met in Berlin.
allies5az.jpg
The Soviet Union was represented by Stalin, who grudgingly made a rare appearance outside of Moscow. Yugoslavia’s leader Marshall Tito who lead the communist revolution in 1940 was there. Vincent Reggio, who sat in for Fernando Calivechi, spoke for the People’s Republic of Italy. Nicolas Juan Ricardo, a major in the Spanish civil war who went on to take over Republican Spain was their but a day late due to flight problems. Leon Blum from Vichy France was the chairmen of the committee. And of course Hitler was their to speak for Germany.
Throughout the six days of the conference, during which time local papers dubbed the conference the “Committee of Six,” arguments, compromises, stalemates, and decisions were made. Everyone knew that the war could be won within a generation. Hitler gave a rousing speech, which Stalin later said was “the finest argument ever made since Marx put pen to paper.”
On May 2nd around noon Hitler spoke to everyone assembled, “ The people of the world can be free. We all know that one day they shall be free from the shackles of oppression. The dialect says as much. But we took it into our hands to speed the revolution along. Already more then a third of the world is on its way to freedom, and equality. But today I have heard arguments that we should ask for peace, and build up our nations and wait for the world to fall into line. I ask why? Why bother? In less then five years every inch of the globe could be liberated. The capitalist, and Fascist forces fight each other as I speak. When you kill a rat infestation do you stop when four are left? No, you kill them all until no rat is left. So why should we stop fighting?”
With that argument won, the conference turned to how the war should be one. Everyone assembled agreed that the United Kingdom had to be defeated. Stalin presented a three pronged attack plan. The Soviet Union would move through allied Persia, and Afghanistan and into India. Germany, Italy, and Yugoslavia were to take Africa.
If England was taken out by 1944, then America would be alone. Reggio argued that the mighty Imperialist nations should be picked apart. First taking South Africa out of the war, which in effect would guarantee the African continent to Communist liberation. Then a two pronged attack, one in American occupied Mexico, the other in Canada. After the allies were taken care of then America would face Germany and its allies.
Blum belived attacking the United States directly would work better. Taking over a small section of the east coast, then focusing on spreading out. He claimed that attacking the Allies indirectly was pointless for, with America and Japan locked in a war, it was the English fleet which protected the Atlantic.
japan1us.jpg
A third option, favored by Hitler, was to eliminate the remaineder of the allies then face the US. Opting for a large navy, one attack the west coast, one the east, and a third one most likely made up of fellow Comintern armies would hit Mexico. By spliting the forces the Americans would have a harder time at holding a defensive line.

Fenwick said:
:eek:

Ahh hello everyone. Do not fear I shall write more, but my back is bothering me again. So i get a round of surgury and some bed rest.

Eww, well, I hope you feel better. I hope you didn't hurt your back while writing. AARs aren't supposed to be physically painful. :D

Assisting the People
bp6wr.jpg
After the Committee of Six meeting, Hitler returned to Berlin. Hitler and his General staff decided on leaving India to the Soviets, and instead focusing on Africa, and the Atlantic. The city was in high spirits, victory after victory had made the people have no doubt when it came to victory. Hitler had inadvertently created a cult of personality. KDP members sent hundreds of thousands of letters to him each day. During state parades it was a common sights to see most of the audience in tears at the sight of him. Hitler encouraged this image of himself.
Throughout May the German Red Army strengthened its borders. Severing cut back on more and more of his DVF militia units so they may enter the Red Army proper. Fearing his personal army of bodyguard’s might turn against him Hitler took partisan funding away from Lanzer and put it in Severings hands.
Severing took to the task with vigor. Using every connection he had available he assembled a commando unit, whose sole job was to assist and organize the various Communist organizations around the world. The DVF Elitäre Kommandozahl 34, was created on August 16th, placed under the command of DVF Kleiner Gruppenleiter Otto Skorzeny.
Born into a middle-class Austrian family with a long history of military service, Skorzeny was a noted fencer as a student in Vienna in the 1920s. He engaged in fifteen personal duels, and in the tenth of these he received a wound that left a dramatic scar (or more technically, a smite) on his cheek. He joined the Austrian Nationals in 1931 and soon he joined their small street fighting brigade . He showed aptitude as a leader of men from the very beginning, and even played a minor role in the German takeover of Austria on March 12, 1938, when he saved the Austrian President Wilhelm Miklas from being shot by KUMD officers.
When the war broke out a year later, Skorzeny, then working in a agricultural labor farm, volunteered for service in the Luftwaffe (German Air Force) but was turned down because he was over the age of 30. Failing that, he turned to the DVF. On February 21, 1940, Skorzeny went off to war with one of its most famous units, the Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler and fought with distinction in the campaign in Denmark in 1940 before being wounded and returning to Germany in December of 1940, a winner of the Iron Cross for bravery under fire.
Skorzeny being an engineer setup numerous plans, and tactics for locating, and assisting the Communist rebels throughout enemy territory. Severing took care of the big picture, greeting partisan leaders, mapping out routes for transport, and securing lines of communications between the various anti-imperialist groups.
The DVF Elitäre Kommandozahl 34 had its work cut out for it. Between August and December of 1943 no less then eighty weapons drops were made to various parts of Africa, India, and on three occasions the United States. It was given a handful of Red Army soldiers, and DVF militia. The scraps of the Kriegsmarine, Red Army, and Luftwaffe, were at Skorzeny’s disposal. Using a mix of transports, and U-boats, the first shipments where underway by September 1st. In the Indian Ocean German Junkers Ju 88 flew across the sea sending supplies to South African, and Indian partisan groups.
Each plane held twenty crates, dropped about half a mile between each other. Inside was food, medicine, and thirty “party favors,” as Skorzeny called the backpacks. Inside each backpack was either a Mauser Karabiner 98k bolt-action rifle, MP40 submachine gun, or the new Sturmgewehr 44 assault rifle. Also include were grenades, and one Täuschen Sie Beweisbombe, or “Fool-proof bomb.” The fool-proof bomb was two pounds of plastic explosive packed into a egg shaped container. By turning a dial from ten minutes to five hours, it exploded within a eight meter range. Skorzeny included instructions on how to turn the device into a shrapnel bomb using tape and scrap metal, or nails.

Taking the North and meeting the Indian

On September 18th the German Navy with eight recently built Battleships moved north past England. Carrying one division of KUMD guards they swept up into Iceland taking the island by October 3rd. From there the People’s High Seas Fleet moved on to Greenland. The division landed on December 1st, but quickly left upon the realization that Greenland lacked the infrastructure for proper operations.
ice8ho.jpg
As November rolled through Ernst Thälmann learned of how the Soviet Union was conducting the war. The NKVD rounded up people from the local population and sent them off to work in the Soviet Union. After checking his facts, and using Molotov as a fact finder to make sure he is right, Thälmann discovered that each town visited by the Red Army suffered 30% of its population being sent North to work.
Hitler confronted Stalin with this news. Instead of flying into a rage Stalin simply said the foreign workers allowed more able bodied Soviets to join in the war. Lanzer and Thälmann knowing with England in the war the People’s Revolution could never be victorious within their lifetime. Stalin sought victory which he believed Hitler had taken from him.
Severing stepped forward with a plan. In his dealings with various anti-British groups there were three major ones. To the west was the Indian Independence League, with strong Communist ties headed by Jawaharlal Nehru. In the east the Mau-Mau guerillas headed by a Japanese Colonel. Then their was the Indian Independence Party which was headed by Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, or his honorific title Mahatma Gandhi.
gandhi4xz.jpg
By means of nonviolent civil disobedience, Gandhi hoped to bring about India's independence from British rule, and in doing so inspire other colonial peoples to work for their own independence and ultimately dismantling the British Empire. Hitler sent a message to Gandhi requesting his assistance in liberating India. Gandhi quickly responded, and on November 21st the elderly man was on his way to Berlin to meet with Hitler.
Arriving by December 10th Gandhi was met by the throngs of Germans at the train station. Dressed in a simple khadi (homespun cloth) he made his way through the vast Berlin streets to the Reichstag. Hitler took to Gandhi immediately. His mass protests, seeming to prove that the workers are in control of production, and without them the Capitalists have nothing.
While not a strict communist, Gandhi did take to Hitler’s message of global equality and freedom. A silent partnership was made by December 13th. Gandhi would support the Communists, and stage as many protests as possible. In return Germany would stop the Soviet Union from gaining any more Indian land.
india55lb.jpg
Severing, while all this was going on had snuck two German officers to train Indian Communists.

i think that now, with the war being almost succesfully finished, you should declare was on ussr. explain it with a narrative, but it will make it more interesting and prevent this aar from slipping into another victory to victory (booring!) story.

miral is a shining beacon of this new movement for defeat aars :)

Mettermrck said:
It's probably easier to spread the message eastward, as Ladislav says. Otherwise the Soviets might build up beyond your ability to defeat them. And there's no Greenlands between you and the Soviet Union as well. ;)

i was thinking a two front war, the true pinnacle of strategy! :) that way its a little harder on yourself as well... unless you pause constantly

i worry that the ai will keep landing troops in normandy and forget about the fall of new england! :-O

I don't suppose there has to be a confrontation with the Soviets.

Ladislav said:
i think that now, with the war being almost succesfully finished, you should declare was on ussr. :)

Succesfully finished?! Succesfully finished?! Please. I still have America, Canada and Austrailia to take on. Japan and America are at peace. I have to thin the lines everywhere to make any kind of offensive. My allies only give me three or four divisions, which I end up using as garrison some where in France. My Navy is good for nothing but coastal defense. The air force is in France so my small garrison there can repel the repeated American landings, which y'all are gonna see when 44' rolls on in.

Succesfully finished........... bah

Fenwick said:
Succesfully finished?! Succesfully finished?! Please. I still have America, Canada and Austrailia to take on. Japan and America are at peace. I have to thin the lines everywhere to make any kind of offensive. My allies only give me three or four divisions, which I end up using as garrison some where in France. My Navy is good for nothing but coastal defense. The air force is in France so my small garrison there can repel the repeated American landings, which y'all are gonna see when 44' rolls on in.

Succesfully finished........... bah

yet with all of this, you manage to make a succesful invasion of greenland and stand poised to land in eastern canada :p come on, if the AI rallies now, i will be really really REALLY suprised. only way to restore any sense of suspense and drama to the aar: a two front war with the ruskies ;)

as for the us landing in 44, i wonder whether the ai will have the good sense to first liberate new england, before shipping hordes os divisions to normany.. but who knows

Ladislav said:
yet with all of this, you manage to make a succesful invasion of greenland and stand poised to land in eastern canada :p come on, if the AI rallies now, i will be really really REALLY suprised. only way to restore any sense of suspense and drama to the aar: a two front war with the ruskies ;)

My successful invasion of Greenland ended in me leaving the province. Plus I took Iceland with one Militia unit, and no armies where in the area at the time. Also Russia has done nothing in the war. It makes no sense to attack a nation with little manpower and most of my army spread around the globe.