• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LOka

Procrastinator
60 Badges
Jun 16, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Ancient Space
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • King Arthur II
  • Magicka
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
I am Alexios Komnenos and I started in the 1077 scenario. in 1120ish i conquered Antioch but the 'pentarchy restored' event didn't fire because the bishop of of Antioch is an independent Monothelite and i cant declare war on him. How do I make him regular orthodox/how do I get the event to fire?

Thank you.

I am Alexios Komnenos and I started in the 1077 scenario. in 1120ish i conquered Antioch but the 'pentarchy restored' event didn't fire because the bishop of of Antioch is an independent Monothelite and i cant declare war on him. How do I make him regular orthodox/how do I get the event to fire?

Thank you.

You try to convert him the regular way, you gift him stuff (titles or gold) so that he likes you enough to enable you to demand a conversion

Or you could just plot to kill him off. The succession laws of Bishoprics is open, so when the current bishop dies, the new one is of your culture and religion.

I assassinated the first one, but another monothelite bishop followed him to the throne. He is an independent barony and I don't think I have anything to do with his heirs, or?

Thank you.

If you own the county of Antioch you should always be able to DoW a de-jure war on him (Bishopric of Antioch). If not, then there is something wrong

Yeah, I did it now. Don't know why I wasn't able to do it earlier. Thanks for the help guys