• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
coz1 I want to finish this for the fanbase this AAR has acquired.

Call me a bit presumptuous, but I think an AAR that has gone on this long, but is still updated, is a bit of a semi-classic, so I wish to see it completed

Draco Rexus dont worry, he will save us from more than Taft

Vann the Red yup, semester is over, its been great. :)

Last edited:
CV just spent the morning reading your AAR, it was quite enjoyable and I'm happy to be caught up.

Being new to Victoria, I started with HOI series and have just finished my first Victoria game as the USA. Finished 2nd and have exported it for HOI, will pick it up at a later time. Thinking of starting another game in Victoria...

Anyway, thanks for the entertainment and look forward to the conclusion.

Chapter Six: The Wilderness Years

Part III: The Lion Roars Once More

Theodore Roosevelt Addresses the Republican Party Convention:

“Almost eight years ago now, I stood before the American people and said, ‘I will consider the first three or so years of my Presidency as a full term, and will not seek another term as President of the United States.’ Now, I stand before you, here in the great city of Chicago, and say just the opposite. I stand before you today seeking my party’s nomination for the Presidency of the United States. Some may call me a hypocrite, still others a liar, I stand here today to make my case.

“When I left the office of the Presidency four years ago, we had just concluded a long, arduous, albeit successful war with the Japanese. We had just acquired a large portion of African lands which were freed from Japanese domination. Our navy, though battered, was the undisputed master of the Pacific Ocean. In addition to this, we were in the process of adding to our political strength in Europe.

“In those four years, however, we have seen the current president sell millions of newly liberated Africans back into slavery in the form of the Belgians. In that same time, we have seen the Japanese rebuild their fleet, at an unbelievable pace, to where they once again pose a great threat to our interests in the Pacific. William Howard Taft, though my former choice for President, has sacrificed big business interests for the well being of the American people. The selling of millions of square miles of African land, plus the lowering of military budgets to increase national income have seriously weakened our position in the world.

“Where do we go from here? I advocate the rebuilding of our Pacific Fleet so that it may again reign supreme throughout the waters of the Pacific. …..”

The audience spellbound, Roosevelt continued his speech for another hour. In it, he laid out his plans for a resurgence of the PAX AMERICANA policy of his previous administration. Though the big business republican part bosses withheld their support, Roosevelt somehow managed to carry enough delegates to attain the Republican party’s nomination for President.

He took office in January. By March the United States had entered an Alliance with the British Empire, a month later, an alliance was struck between the U.S. and Imperial Russia.

Their interest was common, prevent Germany from expanding any further than she already had.

an update! hopefully they will be more frequent in the future :p guess you better prepare some divs to go to europe!

i hope to have one more update this weekend, but we all know how much weight my promises at updates have :rolleyes:

;) Ah, a short one, but full of meat! Can't wait to find out what happens next... no matter how long it may be between meals, eh? ;)

ive got all my notes for the next one

war on a massive scale

Rensslaer said:
I strongly agree that Taft isn't the kind of leader who's going to look good in the wake of a TR who is ahistorically GREATER than the one WE know! :D

Either TR's coming back from Africa with a "Taft is Daft" campaign, and will rescue the United States from mediocrity...

Or else he will finish his days like Jimmy Carter -- never knowing when to give up trying to meddle. :p

Looking forward to more, CV! Rensslaer
Just remembering this little bit I posted a couple months back!

It seems TR is not content to meddle -- he's coming to the rescue.

Bully! Great to see.

As "Teddy Roosevelt" said in Arsenic & Old Lace... "Chaaaaaaaarge!" :D

Rensslaer

Rensslaer said:
Just remembering this little bit I posted a couple months back!

It seems TR is not content to meddle -- he's coming to the rescue.

Bully! Great to see.

As "Teddy Roosevelt" said in Arsenic & Old Lace... "Chaaaaaaaarge!" :D

Rensslaer

Germany is going to be one incredibly tough nut to crack. TR might have gotten himself into too much trouble here

Ah, but if anyone can crack that nut, it's TR! Great to see you back at this, CV.

thanks Coz, I hope you're right

i am going to try to get the next update up today, but my girlfriend expects to spend the whole day with me (my birthday) so I might have to wait until she falls asleep. ;)

C.V. Mannerheim said:
thanks Coz, I hope you're right

i am going to try to get the next update up today, but my girlfriend expects to spend the whole day with me (my birthday) so I might have to wait until she falls asleep. ;)
Birthday's over, CV... How's this stand? :rolleyes:

Looking forward to hearing how TR deals with all this!

Rensslaer

*bump*

CV - You must tell us how TR is doing...please. :)

C. V. Mannerheim, did you ever make it into West Point? Myself and another cadet play Victoria or Hearts of Iron from time to time and are looking for anyone else who might be interested. I'm in Ike 252.