• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you citizen!
Remember every vote counts!

Election Results of 2210
Election Results of 2210
Elections_bae.png

Election Results:
The election results of 2210 where extremely contested with over a dozen parties all vying for power within Parliament however as the final tally is about to reach us it would appear at least that Parliament is still very similar compared to its position in the year 2200 however with almost a dozen parties within Parliament it is looking like Parliament may experience several gridlocks due to insufficient votes in controversial bills however that is yet to be seen.
04506946baa8132f28e9b9a056150cde.png

United Patrian Front [U.P.F.]
The United Patrian Front denied analysts expectations of losing a large portion of their hold within Parliament and instead only lost a mere 12 seats compared to several polls stating that the U.P.F. could very possibly their position as the largest party within Parliament. It would appear that the Republic's economic growth and expansion policies allowed them to hold onto Parliament.

The Social Progressivist Confederation [S.P.C.]
The S.P.C. managed to gain a total of twenty three seats this election drastically increasing their influence within Parliament and securing their position as the main minority party being a mere forty seats away from toppling the U.P.F.'s hold on Parliament. It would appear that the S.P.C. flourished largely by avoiding the controversies of the 2200's and successfully cooperating with parties to pass major bills such as the Right to Education and Scientific Investment Bill which brought millions of citizens out to vote for them.

Humanity Protection Front [H.P.F.]
The H.P.F. managed to hold firmly onto their position of third largest party within Parliament losing only four seats which experts claim is unprecedented as many believed the the creation of the P.P.N.P. and U.R.F. would draw thousands of voters away from the party. Although only controlling fourteen perfect of Parliament the H.P.F.'s voice continues to be heard.

Patrian People's Nationalist Party
The P.P.N.P. managed to successfully gain twenty five seats in their first Parliamentary Election an extremely astonishing achievement. The P.P.N.P. gained traction in the last weeks of the election by running massive smear campaigns against the S.P.C. and U.P.F. in an attempt to sway voters towards them and it appears to have worked with the P.P.N.P. effectively holding onto roughly five percent of Parliament.

The Patrian Persevering Initiative
The P.P.I. was expected by many to breach the ten percent marker this election however with the creation of several new minority parties it would appear that their voter base was torn conflicted thankfully however the party only lost a mere five seats within parliament tying themselves in Parliamentary seats with the P.P.N.P.

Patrian Integrity Party
The Patrian Integrity Party formed after the controversies the U.P.F. suffered in the 2200's successfully seized a total of seventeen seats which is extremely impressive considering their moderate background.

United Peoples Imperial Party
One electoral surprise was without a doubt the rise of U.P.I.P. with the party gaining seventeen seats in total nearly doubling their control on Parliament in the previous elections however it is unknown if these votes were simply due to Jason Eden being a victim of an Arsonist or if the U.P.I.P. is truly gaining momentum.

The United Society of Concerned Scientists
The U.S.C.S. are largely considered the losers of this election losing a total of thirty seven seats and maintaining a mere seventeen seats in this election however many claim this is not a worry to Dr. Gra who is busy exploring the galaxy onboard the P.R.S.S. Exploration.

Scientists for Education Reform and Technological Advancement
S.E.R.T.A. experienced a slight loss in their hold on Parliament losing over half of their Parliamentary seats and holding a mere eight seats within Parliament things are not looking good for this fledgling party however Dr. Lesben Turing continues to work night and day on revolutionary technologies that may very well change the lives of everyone within the Republic and may once again rise this party to prominence.

United Research Front
The United Research Front was never expected to gain a large portion of Parliament or any for that matter but through several surprising races managed to successfully secure a total of eight seats allowing this newly found party to have a small voice in Parliament.

Independents
The Conspiracy Theorist Haemish Locke and his supporters managed to successfully gain a total of eight seats within Parliament. Mr. Locke is known across the Republic for his refusal to believe in Alien Life and believes that it is nothing more than a trick by the Government.

Chancellorship Elections of 2210

The elections of 2210 were considered extremely close as Zane Griffin and Raymond Delgado of the U.P.F. and S.P.C. respectively ran against one another with the hope of gaining control of Parliament. Although Zane Griffin enjoyed extremely high approval ratings based on the elections his hold on the Republic was put into question after Doctor Jameston of the H.P.F. and Admiral Friedrich von König of the P.P.N.P. announced their intention to run in the election as well.

What was expected to be a clear victory started to become an extremely contested race especially as the U.S.C.S. and S.E.R.T.A. announced their support for Raymond Delgado of the S.P.C. as voting ended and tallying began the race continued to be extremely contested with Raymond Delgado successfully holding a two percent lead over the Chancellor with fifty percent of the vote counted however as the votes within the State of Perinia, a region where Zane Griffin held the title of Governor for ten years began to be counted the vote quickly turned in his favor and allowed him to be elected for a second term as Chancellor.

Results:
42.9% - Zane Griffin
33.9% - Raymond Delgado
17.9% - Dr. Martin Jameston
5.4% - Admiral Friedrich Von Konig

8c2c28972bad7152beea4cdb8881caac.png

be904a00ebb630f7e938afc2801541f4.png

[Chancellor Zane Griffin's Official Portrait]

A New Decade
As mankind enters yet another decade of Space Exploration and Expansion all eyes are on Parliament as it will decide the future of the Republic and possibly its continuity one thing is for certain however that the elected representatives of the Republic will continue to serve the people of this great nation and will continue to lead it to prosperity.

A more fractured assembly could mean some interesting legislative coalitions.

I'm just curious to see how long the UPF lasts. With so many other parties popping up, and with some gaining notable momentum, I think the UPF is going to start losing it's hold on the parliament as time progresses. Also, I like how there's just a group of conspiracy theorists tucked into one corner of the parliament. It amuses me to imagine everyone else arguing over bills while they just quietly mutter about aliens not being real and other stuff in the background.

Honestly, after reading through everything I thought the U.P.F. would lose more seats. Did more politicians join them or something? Hmm... If the U.P.F and the H.P.F. wanted to pass something, they'd only need 10 more votes if they all voted together. Interesting... now to see if they CAN work together or not

A more fractured assembly could mean some interesting legislative coalitions.

As the game chugs forward and diplomacy becomes a major favor I would expect alot more divide within parliament.

It could... my poor USCS went down the drain. Hopefully they can build themselves back up! Also, a lot of parties seem similar; I wonder if any are considering a merger.

With Dr. Gra continuing to make great leaps in exploration is it a realistic possibility.

I'm just curious to see how long the UPF lasts. With so many other parties popping up, and with some gaining notable momentum, I think the UPF is going to start losing it's hold on the parliament as time progresses. Also, I like how there's just a group of conspiracy theorists tucked into one corner of the parliament. It amuses me to imagine everyone else arguing over bills while they just quietly mutter about aliens not being real and other stuff in the background.

The turnout for the U.P.F. was very surprising considering there was a consensus between all party leaders including the UPF leader that they would most likely be losing around 40-50 seats but it looks like their economic pitch worked and they only lost 14 seats.

Honestly, after reading through everything I thought the U.P.F. would lose more seats. Did more politicians join them or something? Hmm... If the U.P.F and the H.P.F. wanted to pass something, they'd only need 10 more votes if they all voted together. Interesting... now to see if they CAN work together or not

The U.P.F. got two new members if my memory is correct. As stated above it was a genuine surprise that the U.P.F. held on so tightly.

The People's Patrian Nationalist Party Controversies and Gains
The People's Patrian Nationalist Party Controversies and Gains

Humanity Protection Front Expresses Concerns About The P.P.N.P.
"I have always been one to oppose slander and badmouthing, but I have to address a party that I hold much concern over. The P.P.N.P., or People's Patrian Nationalist Party for those unaware, has gathered quite a following in this last election, and I cannot fathom why our citizens would allow actual fascists into our Republic with our history of Patrian Oppression due to authoritarians. As the Chief of Societal Research, I have studied our history and cultures for many years, and at this point it pains me to see that we regress to our past. You have a voice, P.P.N.P, but I cannot guarantee that I or any of this Parliament will want to hear it."

The U.R.F. Submits
2bf60a83ce45870af396758469177b9d.png

[Parliament after the U.R.F. - P.P.N.P. Merger]

With the United Research Front gaining a mere two percent of the vote Rox Granbell the party leader immediately entered talks with Friedrich von König of the The People’s Patrian Nationalist Party (P.P.N.P.) about a possible merger between the two parties and after several days of discussion Rox Granbell officially joined the P.P.N.P. along with seven additional senators of the U.R.F. bolstering the P.P.N.P.'s Parliamentary hold from twenty five to thirty three seats securing the P.P.N.P.'s position as Parliament's forth most influential party.

This merger was met with immediate backlash from other parties within Parliament such as the U.P.F. , S.P.C. and H.P.F. who expressed their concerns about such a nationalistic and oppressive Political Party securing such a large portion of the vote.

However Friedrich saw the merger as something much different making the following statement

"I have an important announcement to make! The party that is similar to my own, the URF has been disbanded as the party leader, General Rox Granbell has left his party to join the P.P.N.P.. This shows that even people in other parties are starting to join our cause! Welcome Home, Granbell as you shall be a great addition to our noble party."

Voting Regulation Act Controversy

It was early morning when Rox Granbell introduced a new law to parliament known as the Voting Regulation Act which within seconds of its announcement caused mass controversy within Parliament the details of the Act can be seen down below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voting Regulation Act
"It has come to the PPNP's attention that a specific party has roughly little more then 50% of all votes in parliament, Thus making every bill a one sided argument. So I propose an act to regulate these seats so they are more evenly dispersed among smaller parties as well as larger ones. One political party may not hold more then 40% of all total seats in parliament to ensure a more fair governing system as well as to make sure everyone has a large enough voice to make a difference"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The bill immediately sparked outrage across all major parties as they began accusing the P.P.N.P. of authoritarianism and attempting to undermine the Democratic Ideals of the Republic. Friedrich Von Konig was immediately called to stand before Parliament about this newly proposed bill to which he publicly stated.

"I have not heard of such a bill. checks datapad mutters good god, Granbell. This bill was not checked with me, and shall be dealt with, even if the bill was reasonable, the facts are all wrong"

However his statement did not ease criticism of himself or his party as countless Senators began accusing him of not even knowing what was going on within his party and that his party was a breeding ground for authoritarianism and oppression.

Parliamentary Bills and Propositions

Tyl 1 Colonization Act
[Written and proposed by S.P.C.]

The presence of a colonizable planet only one hyperlane jump away from our Homeworld is a great occasion for us. Its colonization would mark a change for our nation, making us a truly interstellar civilization.It would also create uncountable opportunities for our people, and would give many a chance at changing their lives.

This would also be a great boon for our economy, as the exploitation of these resources would benefit us greatly. And I can’t start to imagine the scientific advancements we would make by testing our knowledge on a new world.

However, we know that such a massive endeavor would put a great strain on our budget, and would mobilize our industry for the better part of a year. Our economy needs to grow stronger to support colonization of another world, and it needs great planning so that our people on Patria don’t suffer from it. However, a balance needs to be found between the growth of our homeworld, and our ambition to become an interstellar civilization.

Ergo, we propose :

*The construction of a colonization ship, which would bring food supplies, construction equipment, defense systems, communication systems, agricultural supplies, and leisure items to help our people in the colonization of an exo-planet

*The recruitment of scientists, engineers, teachers, administrators, and soldiers for this colonization ship, with the project of ensuring the achievement of this endeavour

*The creation of a registering platform for citizens who wish to partake in colonization effort in order to make this a true opportunity for everyone, and not only the most educated of our population

*The colonization of planet TYL01 in the Tyl system *The application of this bill no earlier than 2210 and no later than 2215
Parliamentary Discussions
Parliament overwhelmingly supported the bill with no parties opposing and only the U.S.C.S. abstaining from the vote as well as scattered minority parliament members throughout Parliament.

Results:
Vote Passed
Yes: 419
No: 0
Abstained: 81

The Farming Investment Act
[Written and proposed by P.P.I.]

The need for food inside the nation is of importance and we can solve this problem by giving governmental support to businesses in the region of 1,5. If we give small businesses in the area the funds to expand and grow one of them will come out on top. the bill purposes the funds of this bill only goes to the small farming businesses as a way to not loose sight of our objective.

The region also has a high growing population meaning that once the farming Businesses grow they will have a work force to fill all there empty positions. we predict that this tile will make around 3 to 4 thousand tons of food if highly invested in. The investments to properly improve this region would only cost the government around 75,000 to 100,000 tons of minerals which in a economy of 500,000 minerals in the treasury such a cost is a small one.
The majority of Parliament voted in favor of the bill with the U.P.F., S.P.C., P.P.I., S.E.R.T.A, all voting in favor and only the H.P.F. voting against with the P.P.N.P. , U.P.I.P. and U.S.C.S. abstaining.

Results:
Vote Passed
Yes: 351
No: 68
Abstained: 81

Decentralized Government Act
[Written and proposed by S.E.R.T.A]

Government overreach is an interesting topic. On one hand, as a blossoming Republic, it was necessary to ensure unity of cause and action. Nowadays, however, it simply serves to slow down the system and undermine the expertise of admirals, generals, scientists, career senators, and governors alike.

The parliament itself will still exist. The role of parliament is still to pass laws, guarantee funding, and approve the actions of these houses. Simply the finer details of the plans will be handled by their respective house to ensure only experts in their fields will be able to pass final judgement.

-Technocratic Diet-

Scientists elected to Parliament would also gain membership here, allowing us to vote for which departments should go for which technologies and would be headed by a position adjacent to Chancellor, High Scientist, who has the same role as Chancellor but only within the Diet.

The Chancellor's has the power to act as a further checks and balance, should they feel the High Scientist or any head scientist of any department is either overstepping their bounds or refusing to do their proper job, as dictated by the preamble, then they can call for a temporary resignation before a vote for impeachment (⅔ vote) is called within the parliament.

-Planetary Governance and Security Council-
Each planet shall be ran by a governor, who is elected democratically alongside each election cycle. A governor may only run for the position of one planet, as to avoid winning multiple positions.

Governors are given free ability to govern their planets as they find most beneficial to the Republic. Mineral and Energy Credit production within their solar system they may use freely, though additional needed resources will need to be proposed as a bill to the Parliament. Governors can be impeached by a ⅔ vote by the parliament, or directly by the Chancellor, following a statement.

Each planet will hold a standing and reserve force. Leaders of the reserve (defense) armies will be elected and overseen by the local governor of a planet.

The leader of standing armies will be determined by the generals of the Military Council; an exclusive council made up of generals and admirals in parliament.

-Military Council-

This include admirals and generals, since any good admiral should know at least basic ground tactics and vice versa, and this should help with cooperation and make an effective combined forces army.

Much akin to the Field Marshal, the Grand Admiral shall be voted upon internally by fellow admirals.

The admirals will elect a Grand Admiral to oversee the navy who will largely have control of them in wartime, in accordance with guidelines set by the Chancellor, the parliament, and their own whim in the heat of the moment. The Grand Admiral is a position which will remain with the person until: a) the end of their career, b) if the military council reaches a ⅔ vote to impeach or c) the Chancellor directly revokes the position, following a statement.

The military council shall be shared by admirals and generals alike, partially for combined forces operations but also to act as a system of power checks and balance between the Military Council, just as the Technocratic Diet is directly countered by the Parliament; who still have jurisdiction over each house.

The Military Council will oversee the standing armies and military logistics throughout the Republic, and be headed and overseen by a Field Marshal: a role internally voted upon by generals; which will remain with the person until a) the end of their career, b) if the military council reaches a ⅔ vote to impeach or c) the Chancellor directly revokes the position, following a statement.

The Field Marshal's duties consist of not only the direct management of military functions and logistics, but to act as a military advisor to the Chancellor as well.

*Each passed bill, each failed bill, every single word said will be open to the public and thus affected by the natural checks and balances that democracy provides.
The vote was heavily debated within Parliament with S.E.R.T.A. and the H.P.F. backing the vote and attempting to convince other parties to vote in favor of the act however they fell short and only managed to get the P.I.P. to vote in favor.

Results:
Vote Passed
Yes: 101
No: 352
Abstained: 47

MANIFEST DESTINY SCIENCE ACT
The PPI has looked at the surveys of abandoned small factory towns for potential of newly acquired uses. We had found that there are exceptionally three zones in petria with past High academic records in the fields of society, and engineering research. The Equipment in these zones are still there and so are the academic books, desks, and other equipment and residential dorms and apartments which can be renovated and reopened. This would help the future populations by having two of these three locations set up as governmental academies that are used to help support the educating the masses and would open more schools to possibly support the Transitionary Well Being bill due to the future influx of student will now have a place to learn in the future.

Then there is the anomaly zone with inside another Ruined abandoned small town. This town has Higher impact of physic discoveries due to the place having a high magnetic zone, Stronger UV rays and the positive is no one is there leaving it ripe for the future advancement of science. The zone is inside an abandoned town, so no people live in this area allowing for the deconstruction of old buildings that are in the way and make room for a future federal government research facility to help the advancement of science, especially with physics helping us find new ways for faster space travel and navigation.

We the PPI Recommend the construction of the two academies preferably by 2220 allowing plenty of time for Economic development to build up in our budget. The cost of the two individual academies would be around 108,000 tons of minerals. With the information in which we have on the budget income currently with the exclusion of any future profits we predict that the government would have a revenue of 2,799,600 tons of minerals in which to work with.

This also includes the Profit by 2220 if the Clearing act takes effect. Leaving plenty of Room for plenty of room for even more future products and giving classes to the masses for a greater education. The Third zone high in physics studies would also cost 54,000 tons of minerals for construction of a grand physics laboratory for the government but we can also leave the land open in this area after cleaning it up to private research companies that would pay handsomely to develop the land
The vote was passed without any issues with S.E.R.T.A, H.P.F., P.P.I, P.I.P., S.P.C. and the U.P.F. all voting in favor.

Results:
Vote Passed
Yes: 344
No:
Abstained: 166

RAPID DEPLOYMENT BILL
[Written and proposed by P.P.N.P.]

It has come to the U.R.F's attention that if we were to encounter a hostile Xeno we would be unable to deploy our military quick enough to deal with such a threat thus the U.R.F would like to propose a bill that would create a rapid deployment company called "Fusible Sunder" which will be a small company who would be ready to deploy at a moments notice in case of hostility towards the republic.

Along with this rapid force in case of hositiles we believe that the current acts of terrorism against the republic in recent years is ever growing so we also propose along with the rapid force that the military should handle all act of terrorism investigation and arrests seeing as we they are better trained in such matters. This will form a new military chapter "M.B.I" who will handle such issues
The bill was doomed from the start as the U.P.F., S.P.C. & H.P.F. opposed the bill due to The National Guard And Disaster Management Agency Act doing the same thing and already being passed into law. With not even the P.P.N.P. voting for it.

Results:
Vote Passed
Yes: 0
No: 309
Abstained: 191

Homestead Defense Bill
[Written and proposed by H.P.F.]

With the Tyl-1 Colonization being passed, it is in all of our interests, and most importantly, the colonists, to have a competent and capable military leader to aid in the defense of the colony of Tyl against the dangers of the frontier and most importantly the dangerous wildlife we found on the planet.

This bill will also advise to do the same with all further colonies. Therefore, this bill proposes the following:

*General Dotson of the H.P.F. will be put in charge of the military defensive forces on the colony of Tyl during its development and after to aid in its defense against the native Flora and Fauna.

*Any colony that is hereafter colonized will be accompanied by a capable and competent military leader to defend and aid the colony, chosen by a vote of the Parliament.
The bill was supported by the U.P.F., H.P.F. & P.P.N.P. with the S.P.C. opposing and the Parliaments Independent Mr. Locke abstaining due to him not believing Tyl 1 exists.

Results:
Vote Passed
Yes: 264
No: 84
Abstained: 152

University Supremacy Act
[Written and proposed by U.P.F.]

Tortoise Technologies and ultimately its CEO Dr. Ulysses Vultt is interested in the construction of a top notch university to utilize the new government funding to allow students to attend university for free.

This university will be equipped with state of the art laboratories and technology, allowing students to learn from the best teachers in all of Patria and then test their theories and do experiments in a controlled setting to give them first hand experience.

The goal of this University is to ultimately make it far easier and far more interesting to become a scientist and engineer, improve critical thinking skills, and make sure the best of the best get the education and experience they need.

Tortoise Technologies however cannot create this alone, and seeks government subsidies and funding to help in the construction, specifically in the raw materials category.

This subsidy is to be given within the next five years when enough scientists, engineers, and educators can be found to fill every roll needed to run the premises.

(This would just build a lab on an empty tile in game)
The bill passed with flying colors with the U.P.F., H.P.F. & S.P.C. all voting in favor of the bill with the rest of Parliament Abstaining.

Results:
Vote Passed
Yes: 271
Abstained: 229

The Levering Act
The ppi has come together after having the creation of surveys with cooperation heads, medium and small business owners to figure out the effectiveness of their business and well being. Businessmen in the mining industry have stated that the current taxes implemented on them are too high. even if the economy is doing well with mineral output and energy production they state the only reason is due to them requesting funds and taking loans from the government to allow themselves to expand to new mineral deposits or order for new modern equipment to help dig deeper in their mines.

They say around 40% of in which all their profits are used to help keep maintenance on their projects, so that safety regulations are meet and when they get the report of what is left which is 10% profit. The reason they are so low is due to the 40% business tax, the 20% tariff tax they are charged with to transport goods from one province on petria to another or to return goods from the mining colonies, and another 30% of their money being taken for repairs or improvements of their buildings. Meaning that funds left over are not enough to begin expansion or create new projects without waiting years of saving up to act.

Unless they take a government loan that causes more expenses later. We the PPI wish to solve this issue by having the business tax be reduced by 20% and the tariff taxes be reduced by 10%. We believe that by reducing the taxes on our private businesses would allow greater economic freedom for our republics business men to expand, create jobs, improve our economic growth, and most importantly stay in business to create consumer goods to keep the economy stable.

The lowering of taxes should allow a business growth increase by 40% due to expanded enterprises and new businesses being able to afford staying open.
The bill passed through the support of the U.P.F., H.P.F. & U.P.I.P. voting with the S.P.C & S.E.R.T.A. voting against.

Results:
Vote Passed
Yes: 253
No: 135
Abstained: 112

Fleet Expansion Act of 2210
[Written and proposed by U.P.F.]

With the Fleet Expansion Act of 2205 finalizing itself in the year 2213 the need for further ships is becoming ever more relevant as we continue to discover non-stop direct evidence of alien life.

Our experts believe that the chances of encountering space faring extraterrestrials is all but guaranteed and we must make sure we are prepared as well have no way if knowing if these aliens are to be peaceful or violent and we cannot leave it to chance.

Only a capable naval fleet will ensure the continuous prosperity and security of the Republic.

As such the Fleet Expansion Act of 2210 calls for the construction of two ten ship fleets that will be capable of properly defending the northern and southern portions of our Space as well as the construction of three new Scientific Research Vessels.

These fleets will be composed of two different Classes of Corvettes.

The Perinian Class Corvette
(Currently all ships in the Navy are of this class)

Type:
Guided Missile Corvette

Displacement:
400,000 Tons

Length:
250 meters (820 feet)

Crew:
730 Personnel

Armament:
1x GE-73 Missile Launcher
1x Mk-47 Mass Driver Auto Cannon

The Ataxia Class Corvette

Type:
Fast Attack Corvette

Displacement:
420,000 Tons

Length:
255 meters (836 feet)

Crew:
820 Personnel

Armament:
3x Mk-47 Mass Driver Auto Cannon

The bill calls for the construction of an additional eleven corvettes over the next ten years with the production cycle going as such.

2210 - 2 Scientific Research Vessels
2211 - 2 Scientific Research Vessels
2213 - 1 Pernian Class Corvette
2214 - 1 Ataxia Class Corvettes
2215 - 1 Ataxia Class Corvettes
2216 - 1 Ataxia Class Corvettes
2217 - 1 Ataxia Class Corvettes
2218 - 2 Ataxia Class Corvettes
2219 - 2 Ataxia Class Corvettes
2220 - 2 Ataxia Class Corvettes
1x construction vessel if needed

These warships are expected to have a minimal impact on the economy of the Republic however they will ensure the Republic's security and protectional capabilities. It is expected that by the year 2220 these ships will make up a mere 5% of the Republic's GDP.
The bill passed through the support of the U.P.F., H.P.F., S.E.R.T.A., P.P.I., P.P.N.P. all voting in favor and the U.S.C.S., S.P.C. & U.P.I.P. abstaining.

Results:
Vote Passed
Yes: 305
Abstained: 195

Patrian Cultural Investment Act
[Written and proposed by the S.P.C. & H.P.F.]

It has long been a complaint of our less privileged citizens that cultural products are expensive. While our richer citizens enjoy cinema, concerts, theater, video games, literature, live sports events, and a myriad of other leisure, the rest of the population has access to these things too rarely.Our cultural industry has also been quite stagnant these last decades, with small companies having difficulties growing, and big media corporations simply “playing it safe”.

A second issue this bill wishes to address is History. While it is important to keep promoting multiculturalism all around Patria, and to remember each of our state’s History, we lack a unified History program for our public school system. Ensuring that all of our citizens learn of the shared History of Patria between all of its cultures would certainly help strengthen our national unity. Nationalizing museums to ensure that they would be free would also certainly address this problem, and help each citizen to know its regional History better..

It is also of importance to look at current events and ensure our people do not forget those who made star exploration possible.

The creation of new wings dedicated to such things in museum, and the building of monuments in major cities across Patria to celebrate those early explorers would be a simple, yet efficient way to do so.

Ergo, we propose :

* The creation of a unified History course for public schools, in order to boost national unity.

* The nationalization of museums, so they are accessible to every citizen

* The construction of monuments dedicated to early explorers of space in major cities, and on future colonies

* Offering price reduction for cultural products, depending on household revenues

* Funding smaller cultural organization and companies to promote local events and allow to de-monopolized the industry

* The creation of a public, government - funded video channel dedicated to educational, informational, and investigative programs.
The bill was nearly unanimously voted in favor of with only the U.S.C.S, P.P.I & U.P.I.P. abstaining

Results:
Vote Passed
Yes: 407
Abstained: 93

Pirate & Hostile Entity Engagement Authorization Act
[Written and proposed by the U.P.F.]

At the moment our ships have no engagement laws when encountering hostile threats which is a major fault in our governing system. In the event a hostile force entered our Space and began wrecking havoc then our navy would have to await permission from Parliament before they would be authorized to engage the threat.

As such this bill will give our Admirals some forms of independence in combat operations allowing them to attack and defend the Republic from possible threats.

* Fleet Admirals may deploy against threats to the Republic that enter the Republic's Borders and are acting aggressively against the Republic.

* Admirals may deploy against minor threats that are acting as blockers to the Republic's Expansion.

These threats must be unwilling to perform any diplomacy with the Republic
(such as pirates, void clouds, mining droids etc. Does not include A.I. Empires)
The bill was passed into law with the U.P.F., H.P.F., P.P.I., P.P.N.P. all voting in favor and with the S.P.C., U.S.C.S., U.P.I.P. all abstaining.

Results:
Vote Passed
Yes: 279
Abstained:221

Last edited:
Nice catch it has been fixed :)

The End Of Minor Parties?
0a03119d89432de258e939eb064c4aa2.png

[Parliament six months after the Election of 2210]

After the United Research Front merging with the Patian Peoples Nationalist Party it seemed as if Parliament would experience little change until the Election of 2220 however five days after the United Research Front merged with the Patrian People's Nationalist Party Dr. Lesben Turing of S.E.R.T.A. made a surprise announcement that she was disbanding the party and joining the Social Progressivist Confederation with the hope of furthering her beliefs through her new found influence within the S.P.C.

The ongoing trend of minor parties being disbanded only continued when the Patrian Integrity Party's leader Von Nehrich made a surprise announcement that he would be rejoining the United Patrian Front in the hope of discouraging the growth of Authoritarian parties such as the P.P.N.P. within Parliament and to also further the pursuit of prosperity and well being within Parliament.

Although it is unknown if this trend will continue it does show the volatility of newly founded parties and how quickly they can be disbanded after elections however with parties such as the P.P.I., U.S.C.S. and U.P.I.P. showing no intention in disbanding themselves it looks as if Parliament will continue to have a large portion of minority parties making their voices heard.

Bills and Propositions
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Starbase Development Project
[Bill co-authored by the SPC and the UPF]
It is evident that new colonies won’t survive without the import of goods from Patria. Developing Starbases into trade hubs over inhabited worlds should be standard policy, as it would ensure colonial economic stability, and would standardize colonization process.

These trade centers would also allow to grow our interstellar economy further, acting as a focal point for our space - based industries, and would free them from having to use expensive atmosphere-capable ships, an issue that held back growth in this sector.

It is also projected that these trade centers would create very high revenue for this government through taxes and a public offworld trading company, which will help fund future projects.

The only issue with this would be having military shipyards in close quarters with civilian areas, which could be an intelligence liability to our military.

We propose delocalizing shipyards to an adjacent system, and fully dedicating a starbase to this task.

Ergo, we propose :

* The development of a starbase in a system adjacent to Patria in order to delocalize most of military ship production. Access to said system would be forbidden to civilians, in order to ensure intelligence security.

* The creation of ”trade hubs” on Patrium Starbase in order to bolster space-based industries and ensure support for future colonies. These trade hubs would also be established on future Starbase situated in inhabited systems, allowing future revenues.

* The creation of a public company dedicated to space trading, and the construction of its headquarters on Patrium Starbase, in order to further incentivize the development of space - based industries and trading. This offworld trading company would establish branch offices on every newly developed trading starbase.

* The possibility for future development projects to overrule this bill by proposing another bill on parliament.
Parliamentary Debate:
The vote was supported by the U.P.F., H.P.F., S.P.C. & P.P.I. with only the P.P.N.P. abstaining or voting against.

Results
Vote Passed
Yes: 331
No: 8
Abstained: 161

Are We Alone?
0688f2b04caf0a49bdb77a3339c4136c.png

With continued expansion throughout the solar system we have direct evidence of sentient creatures within Tyl 1 as well as evidence that extraterrestrial species once existed in the area's of space we are now inhabiting however no contact has been made with any species that possess an intellect similar to that of Mankind and although much of the galaxy is yet to be explored many sit looking upwards to the stars wondering if we are all that there is.

Growth Of Interstellar Trade
1495857981d79866fc2cf80d8803c356.png

With the Republic directly controlling ten solar systems it did not take long for massive companies to begin looking for ways to tap into this market as such due to the passing of the General Starbase Development Project a massive Trading Hub began construction within the P.R.S.C.C. (Patrian Starbase) with the intent of eventually becoming a massive trade hub with the colonization of Tyl 1 only years away.

Stongaard's Achievements
91234091941aa8401bb92753e9820524.png

The Republic's Lead Scientist for research was proud to announce the mastering of Chemical Afterburners for spacecraft which would increase these massive afterburners are believed to increase sub-ftl movement by roughly ten percent allowing the Republic's Navy to reach the fringes of known space in reasonable times as well as increasing the shipments of minerals from the countless cargo vessels.

648fceccf95ddc393f10a53b1a403794.png

However Stongaard announced that his next pursuit was not spacebound but instead he sought to create a functional, reliable and easy to use Powered Exoskeletons for miners and soldiers of the Republic to utilize. If successful it is expected to increase the mineral production within the Republic by an enormous amount however he stated such a suit would still be years away.

Science Ship Construction

With the passing of the Fleet Expansion Act of 2210 two Science Ships immediately began construction and after ninety days the P.R.S.S. Omega left its orbital shipyard to begin its mission of observing the galaxy. It would only be another ninety days until yet another Science Ship would leave the orbital shipyard in search of discovery.

An Amusement Park?
4abf34c1f9cf4ce583aa3462704f2fb6.png

As Dr. Tertia Luscius began observing the surface of the Durth IIA she made a startling discovery a massive long abandoned alien complex spread across a large portion of the planet. After ample surveying it appeared as if the complex was that of an Amusement Park within Patria. However with the planet completely uninhabited and no signs of life on the planet it has left Dr. Luscius scratching her head for answers.

Trade Hub Operational
6c729221765c213529d428e08ef18a41.png

[The P.R.S.C.C. after being equipped with a massive Trading Hub.]
After half a year of construction the massive Trade Hub within the P.R.S.C.C. was operational and almost immediately were the benefits felt as Energy Production began to sky rocket as transportation and importation of minerals and energy had been made tremendously easier.

The Birth of Interstellar Trade
2b4cbaac45e0aef0a2774386664dd11a.png

It did not take long for several mega corporations to begin having their ships enter the Trade Hub and within a mere six months the solar system had never been busier as trade began to flourish as massive cargo ships began becoming more and more common place within Republican Space.

bae554199a839d0317ca81ca59721bf2.png

Even more surprisingly however was the creation of recreational space craft for civilian purposes as the elite of the Republic began construction of Private Spacecraft.

Strength From Small Places
93e250ffa6af5c705f82c9fed69e80f7.png

Dr. Gra claimed to have made a startling discovery of a strange bacterial lifeform that was unlike anything he had ever witnessed and immediately began tests to see if the strange bacteria could unlock secrets to energy production.

bb47188815c690c7177efcd9716bb6ce.png

After a month of research Dr. Gra made the tremendous breakthrough of Perfecting Solar Power which after its implementation was expected to increase energy production within the Republic by five percent.

The Republican Navy
c7930776b88c9769dc005c4539c0cdc3.png

With the Expansion Bill of 2210 being passed by Parliament shipyards are already preparing to produce the massive behemoth warships that are the Ataxian Class and Perinian Class Warships.

The 1st Republican Fleet Enters Tyl
To ensure the Republican Fleet could properly defend the Republic's borders as well as aiding Scientists with Surveying Tyl I the First Republican Fleet entered the Tyl Solar System for the first time. This marks the first time the Republican Navy has been deployed for a long duration of time to an outside Solar System.

A Shattered World
abe67ac318dfcede6ea030f0398198da.png

As Claire Wright entered the Shuckon System she discovered a very startling sight. It would appear as if one of the celestial bodies within the System had seemingly exploded. She was immediately ordered to investigate.

964eca3ee2d2b6d7d5629de7dc92c705.png

After months of research it was discovered that the planet appears to have been destroyed by a fleet action roughly six million years ago. Around the same time frame as the Yuht....

The Birth Of Piracy
989f38b16de5357823507941468e134c.png

With the creation of intergalactic trade piracy was bound to happen sooner or later and it was not long until a pirate organization calling themselves to "Death Cabal" was discovered in the Qeb Daraan System which is a mere two systems away from Patria.

Although reports are unclear it would appear that the rebellion of several private small cargo and transport vessels earlier in the year near the Tyl System are the likely culprits. The Republican First Fleet was put on high alert within the Tyl 1 System in the event that the pirates were to leave their base of operations.

bb570e6b573d8b5106bd0eaaede0627e.png

With the rise of the Death Cabal Pirates the newly commissioned Perinian Missile Corvette "Qeb" was rushed to the Tyl System in hopes of joining the 1st Republican Fleet in any possible fleet engagement.

The Battle of Tyl

*James Conrad sat in his Captains chair overlooking the Republic's 1st Fleet as he awaited the possible arrival of the pirates known as the Death Cabal. James knew the only way for the Pirates to enter Republican Space was through Tyl and he intended to catch the hostile fleet in a decisive fleet engagement. *

"Captain!" *Spoke Alexander Fleyn the Navigational Officer onboard the Harmony*

*James looked up at the young Officer waiting for the man to finish his sentence*

"We are picking up energy signatures at the Hyperlane coming from Qeb Daraan, whatever it is they will be here in less than a hour"

*James smiles as his first opportunity to prove himself had finally come as began opening communications with the other ships within the fleet*

"This is Admiral Conrad, we have discovered a massive energy spike coming our way from the Qeb Daraan System. Prepare for possible fleet engagement."

*The sixty minutes go by in a flash as hundreds of soldiers conduct last minute tests on the ships weapon systems from the other side of the Solar System a bright flash began to form as four warships entered the system all baring the insignia of the Death Cabal. A plain white skull.*
4f12bd4c4b786900885c60a7480d57de.png

*James Conrad begins attempting to establish contact with the unknown vessels and after several failed attempts the call is finally picked up as Conrad immediately begins to speak*

"Unknown Vessels this is James Conrad of the Republican 1st Fleet. Identify yourselves immediately."

*Communications go silent for several seconds before what appears to be a man with a deep voice begins to speak*

"Conrad is it? I would advise you to evacuate the system immediately unless you want your precious fleet to become property of the Death Cabal. This is your one and only warning leave now. Or die!"

*The call is immediately dropped as the Death Cabal warships engines begin the sputter to life and advance ever closer to Tyl's Starport. Back onboard the Harmony Conrad begins barking commands*

"Fleet prepare for imminent combat, weapons hot"

*Captain Dixon of the P.R.S.S. Valia interrupts the Captain*

"Sir! Shouldn't we wait for the P.R.S.S. Qeb to join the Fleet before engaging?"

*Conrad almost immediately responds*

"And risk endangering the lives of everyone within the P.R.S.S. Tyl [Tyl Spaceport] not a chance! Ships prepare to engage"

*The Republican Fleet begins to advance towards the oncoming Death Cabal Fleet as P.R.S.S. Tyl Starport began firing its first solvo of GE-73 Nuclear Missiles.*

*Upon entering firing range Conrad gave the order and almost simultaneously the entire fleet launched a combined salvo of six GE-73 missiles with four hitting their mark at the broadside of the enemy vessels completely devastating the makeshift ships armor plating.*

*Just as quickly the Death Cabal Fleet began opening fire upon the P.R.S.S. Tyl Starport with their makeshift autocannons with not a single hit breaching the Starports Shields.*

*Within the P.R.S.S. Harmony, Conrad received word that the fleet's missile ports had been successfully reloaded and gave the order*

"FIRE!"
7775367ca9a30de130b7e82b193eb9de.png

*Once again a salvo of six missiles was launched in near unison and immediately hit their mark as the two fleets conduct their first fly by of each other it was at this range that the Pirates autocannons began to redirect their fire from the P.R.S.S. Tyl to the 1st Republican Fleet however thanks to the speed of the corvettes a large portion of the initial volley was avoided and any rounds that did hit their target were redirected thanks to the ships deflector shields.*

*Jameston seeing that the enemy ships were now within Autocannon range gave the order to open fire as a combined total of six MK-47 Mass Driver Autocannons began engaging the enemy fleet scoring several critical hits on one of the Pirates vessels causing a massive breach within the stern of the ship*

*As the two fleets began conducting 360 degree's turns to reengage the P.R.S.S. Perinia, was dealt a massive volley from the opposing fleet devastating the ships deflectors and armor as well as causing a large breach on the underbelly of the ship and only quick repairs by the crews engineers prevented complete destruction of the ship.*

*It was at this time that the P.R.S.S. Qeb entered the Tyl System and began advancing towards the ongoing battle*

*It was at this moment that a concentrated volley of three GE-73 Missiles were launched by the P.R.S.S. Harmony, Equality and Infinity reached their intended target, the code named Cabal #2 Warship which was already suffering from several breaches. The combined volley split the warship in half ending its reign of terror.*

*Minutes later a successful Autocannon round penetrated Cabal #3's reactor core causing it to go critical and within seconds disintegrating the entire warship in a nuclear blast.*

*Realizing the battle was going to be decisive Conrad ordered his ships to break formation and begin firing freely upon the enemy fleet. Five minutes later Cabal #4 went up in flames as four GE-73 Missiles scored direct hits on the ships engines forcing them to go critical.*

*The last Pirate warship known as Cabal #1 began attempting to disengage only to receive a direct hit on its engines stopping it dead in space and the ship went quiet*

*Back onboard the P.R.S.S. Harmony Admiral Conrad ordered a boarding team to be assembled to search for any survivors within Cabal #1. Upon gaining access to the warship the Boarding Team discovered nothing but deceased crewmen as the ships life support systems had failed. However searching the Captains Quarters of the ships revealed direct coordinates for the Pirates base of operations.*

*Conrad immediately began returning to Patria for repairs before putting an end to the Death Cabol's once and for all.*

The results of the Battle of Tyl were met with celebrations across Patria as the first major galactic fleet battle had occurred in outright victory for the Republic however it was also met with somber as memorial services were held for the thirty seven sailors who lost their life protecting the ideals of the Republic.

The Battle of Qeb Daraan

*With the 1st Republican Navy now successfully repaired it immediately began its journey towards Qeb Daraan were the now infamous Death Cabol's Headquarters was located upon entering the system a small mining station was immediately sighted and the 1st Fleet began advancing for battle.*

*Upon entering firing distance of the station Conrad immediately ordered the first volley of missiles to be launched which was followed minutes later by a second as fourteen GE-73 Missiles began a swift approach towards the station. *
404b7344215d177b5bdf3bb0e1d0c509.jpg

*With every missile reaching their mark the mining station quickly began to falter with its single autocannon attempting to repel the Republic's 1st Fleet.

*After an intense two hours of conflict the station lay defeated and fractured with the 1st Fleet suffering zero fatalities. *

*Upon searching the wreckage of the Station several hundred minerals and energy were discovered and were seized by Republican Officials and placed into the Republic's Resource Surplus. *

Dr. Turing's Announcement

upload_2018-11-9_2-55-50.png

Dr. Turing was proud to announce within Parliament that she had discovered an effective way to improve automation within Scientific Research Vessels within the Republic that would increase their surveying speed by roughly twenty five percent as well as allowing the ship to auto pilot some roles of the surveying process.

She also stated that she was hard at work attempting to find new ways to improve Power Plants within the Republic to improve their performance.

Intelligent Life Discovered On Vurl-Pagh
6daf1aa066ed461b733db673e2027e59.png

Upon entering the Uxplorix System Jerry Ferguson made a startling discovery while surveying the planet known now as Vurl-Pagh. His ship discovered a sentient species known as the Eruxo that inhabit the barren planet.

The Eruxo appear to be currently in a period similar to Patria's Medieval Age and the planet is split between rivaling Kingdom's vying for control over each other. Further observation of the planet revealed the following.

The Eruxo themselves are Militarist and considerably stronger than their human counterparts.
d14a23f3aab8f362189062fd21f35efe.png

2ba2a05941bf7fc0e73ac2c9e2210946.png

Evidence of another Intelligent species within our galaxy has given new hope to many and struck fear into others are many have begun being overly concerned about the prospect of other aliens throughout the Galaxy.

Further Insight On The Yuht Civilization
b6f6eac4570bb3d4f4433e6c2bcce072.png

Dr. Gra discovered further remnants of the Yuht Civilization within Joinum IVa a small planet in the Joinum Solar System after months of research Dr. Gra made a startling discovery.

30361d6aa68c055121805cd003345976.png

The Yuht appeared to have been alone in this portion of the galaxy atleast from what we can tell from their data.

The Farming Investment Act
9f5c51449d54c28288750ceef5c53b94.png

With the passing of the Farming Investment Act a massive agricultural region was constructed that immediately began improving the Republic's partially dwindled food surplus once again putting food production in the green.

Stongaard Unveils His Exosleleton
355b80ab66868aa99037873b5905eb7a.png

Michael Stongaard was proud to unveil his newly created Exosleleton which appeared to make its users over twice as strong allowing for more effective mining operations within the Republic.

Stongaard also announced he was to begin working on plans to create a large scale Engineering Facility Bluepring for mass production with the Republic.

A New World

f7a027a9cfd5f6cd98318ac19b196bb4.jpg

A startling discovery was made by the prestigious scientist Claire Wright who discovered a massive continental planet that would be capable of allowing human habitation if so needed. The discovery of yet another inhabitable world has brought cheers throughout the Republic as mankinds opportunities to flourish across the stars continues to grow.

The P.R.S.S. Tyl Colony Ship

Requiring a massive investment of 300 Minerals mankinds first Colony ship is set to begin construction today.The Tyl Colony Ship will deliver over a million colonists to inhabit the Continental World of Tyl I with hopes of spreading mankind across the Galaxy.

The ship is expected to be commissioned early 2215 and will arrive at Tyl I mid-2215 and begin establishing colonies across the planet.

A Massive FInd

676596aff080d1c7475274bd7954db9f.png

As Tertia Lusius investigated an abnormal asteroid she quickly discovered that the Asteroid was in fact a massive Planet Killer designed to strike a planet from lightyears away. Although the Asteroid Weapon is long decayed its minerals could be without a doubt scrapped and utilized for our own projects.

Dr. Jameston's Breakthrough

4cfbdee8f426bfbbc96e2bc43e28c63b.png

After months of hard work Dr. Jameston released blueprints for a highly detailed and streamlined Biolab that could be constructed across all of Patria however more important than the Bio-lab was Dr. Jameston's next project which would be mapping the human Genome to attempt to eliminate rogue and weak genomes to ensure superior genes strive.

The Altair System

5dc2bf8c85980e8fbd70ef52e13689c7.png

As Statius Trebalanus entered the Altair System he immediately discovered debris througout the Solar System as well as signs of life within four of the Systems planet he immediately set out searching for answers by invevestigating an abandoned station orbiting one of the isolated planets.

Geothermal

1debb4dffc4b31dda71b00c9d83b5059.png

The discovery of a massive Geothermal refinery within the Tinab System by Ulysses Vullt filled the coffers of the Republic with enough Energy to last them a decade on top of the influx of minerals thanks to the Asteroid Weapon the Republic had an extremely stable amount of resources.

Republican Navy 2215

b21137b9c8fbf12d88dd25f47672a1ee.jpg

Within a five year period the Republican Navy grew by seven ships more than doubling itself. With the Fleet Expansion Act of 2210 well ahead of schedule it is only a matter of time until the Republican 2nd Fleet is formed to ensure security within the Republic's Borders.

Republic's Economy 2215

3f64973477fcce972772c99d467b5c3a.png

The Economy of the Republic grew by roughly thirty percent in a five year period from forty Minerals per month to almost sixty per month in large thanks to the Spaceport & Mining Stations Appropriations Act of 2200 however the increase in food is due to the P.P.I.'s Farming Investment Act which brought Patria's Food Production once again into the Positive.

Republic's Borders 2215

cf5242436a17152fa2414738f5f8231f.png

The Republic's Borders grew from ten to fifteen Solar Systems in a five year window and with the discovery of primitives and new habitable worlds this expansion is guaranteed to continue.

Last edited:
Some nice growth, though I don't see why everyone's so worried about the PPNP. It's tiny and highly unlikely to be voted for by most people, especially when there are far better parties to vote for.

It seems that University Supremacy Act and Pirate & Hostile Entity Engagement Authorization Act have text from previous bills. And you didn't mentioned that Patrian Cultural Investment Act was so-sponosored by Aditya Shastri, not the simple faceless HPF (cough-cough media bias):)

Ahhh I see the USCS continues to make amazing discoveries for mankind! I truly do like their stance as a party, hence my continued support, AND their discoveries show their worth. I hope to see others realize their accomplishments- maybe allowing an increase? What does everyone else think?

Some nice growth, though I don't see why everyone's so worried about the PPNP. It's tiny and highly unlikely to be voted for by most people, especially when there are far better parties to vote for.

I think in my opinion many parties have expressed their concern with the P.P.N.P. due to their seemingly undemocratic focus. Although they control a mere 6% of Parliament it is a rather disturbing fact that they managed to gain any seats atleast that is the concern of a few within Parliament.

It seems that University Supremacy Act and Pirate & Hostile Entity Engagement Authorization Act have text from previous bills. And you didn't mentioned that Patrian Cultural Investment Act was so-sponosored by Aditya Shastri, not the simple faceless HPF (cough-cough media bias):)
Fixed and Fixed

Ahhh I see the USCS continues to make amazing discoveries for mankind! I truly do like their stance as a party, hence my continued support, AND their discoveries show their worth. I hope to see others realize their accomplishments- maybe allowing an increase? What does everyone else think?
It will be interesting to see if they gain back some of their seats they lost in the previous election.

Can't wait to see how the colony on Tyl 1 does! I hope there are some cool events that get talked about like Conrads run in with the Death Cabal
The Colony on Tyl 1 will without a doubt shake things up and I am looking forward to writing about it!

I