• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

atheistcanuck

Private
37 Badges
Sep 5, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
As you are no doubt aware, the latest installment of the Sims franchise has left many many loyal fans disappointed. I believe that the time is right for competition for the franchise to arise and produce the game Sims 4 should have been. Given that Cities Skylines is being hailed as the game SimCity 2013 should have been by many, I believe that Paradox or one of its associated studios would be the ideal people to produce that game.

Please? Many Sims 2 and 3 fans will throw money at you if you do.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I would throw money SO HARD. (Longtime fan of Sims 1 & 2. And also of Paradox games!)

• 1Like
Reactions:
We first talked about taking on the City builder genre 4 years ago.

We, rightly so, came to the insight that it's not something one does in one bold stroke. It's like knocking over a refrigerator - you have to rock it back and forth a few times and then you push it over. It takes time, patience and preparation

Cities In Motion 1 was released in 2011
Cities in Motion 2 was released in 2013.
Cities Skylines was released in 2015.¨

The Life Sim genre is a very, very big fridge. But it's sure one we'd like to knock over. Keep an eye out for our 2016 releases for the first push :)

/shams

• 1Like
Reactions:
We first talked about taking on the City builder genre 4 years ago.

We, rightly so, came to the insight that it's not something one does in one bold stroke. It's like knocking over a refrigerator - you have to rock it back and forth a few times and then you push it over. It takes time, patience and preparation

Cities In Motion 1 was released in 2011
Cities in Motion 2 was released in 2013.
Cities Skylines was released in 2015.¨

The Life Sim genre is a very, very big fridge. But it's sure one we'd like to knock over. Keep an eye out for our 2016 releases for the first push :)

/shams
Victoria is a life sim right? Victoria 3 Confirmed? please?

Reactions:
I shall be awaiting developments with bated breath. Push that fridge!

Just created an account so I can follow whatever you do in the life sim genre. I too will have dollars to throw at you, especially knowing that you are interested in creating such a game. Please keep us updated.

Thank you OP for creating this thread. :)

Reactions:
Pretty much ditto lewisb40. I am enjoying City: Skylines so much. It's a beautiful game. I can imagine what you'd do with a life simulation game. . .I am looking forward to seeing what's to come.

Those of you who like life sims but haven't tried Crusader Kings 2 - it's as close to medieval Sims as you'll ever get :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Wow! I knew alot of people were interested in Paradox being the new love of our lives, I just didn't know they were thinking about us too. Seriously though, that "fridge" is way too expensive to fix. I want a new fridge and I'm totally excited at the possibility of buying one that works. If you show as much love to a new life sim game as I've seen in your other games, I think we'll both be very happy together.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I made an account just for this. I too am a fan of The Sims, ever since the first game! EA has been treating the series as a joke lately and being disrespectful to long-time fans, not listening to feedback. What I mean to say, is that there are some of us who are starving for another company to take on the life simulation genre because we've grown to dislike what EA has done lately.

I have no illusions that it may take many years and many tries for someone to do this, to rival the Sims, but honestly, anything is better than having no one else trying it out. I'd be ready to give some money to fund this, if needed, through something like kickstarter. And I'm sure many others would as well. I'm sure many have the patience as well, to wait until you guys get the life simulation genre under your belt and refined.

I am curious however about what is Paradox's idea of life simulation... Did any of you guys play Sims and is this the sort of thing you mean? I've got no problem with it not being the exact same but considering you guys made a better Simcity than they did, well, I think some people want the same with The Sims.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The Sims is what got me into CKII--and CKII is what made me excited about the (then idle) idea of a Paradox life sim. Whatever your ideas are and whatever you produce, I'm excited to see a new contender in the genre!

Reactions:
I would buy it because cities skyline is awsome and eu4 and so on and the last sims from EA was bad and all the expansion very poor and expensive. So if paradox make ther own sims game that would be very cool ;)

Hello, another potential convert here :)
I'll be waiting and watching to see the first push next year. If it comprehensively covers life development from birth to death with no funny, baby to 8 year old, age jumps, and allows for both sandbox play as well as semi scripted (for those who like scripted). Basically something that is along the lines of sims 2 and 3 while evolving at the same time. Then I will happily become a lifelong fan.

As for now I'll be saving up some pennies so I can pick up City: Skylines as it looks fun and makes me think of a better & updated version of the older sim cities series. I really appreciate that the developers plan on keeping this as a single player game, since that is what I like.:happy:

• 1Like
Reactions:
To add another voice crying out in the wilderness, count me as a customer as well. I'm delighted with Skylines to date, and would happily jump on a Cim life simulation from you folks. You've proven your ability to create a city simulation that is responsive to the desires of city simulation players. If you can devote the time and resources to creating a serious life simulation, I believe you will be amply rewarded.

And thank you for Skylines. It's been a joy to play a "real" city simulation again after waiting so many years for a contemporary release.

EDIT: I notice a number of recruits here with familiar user names from another forum. Do I know any of you folks?:laugh:

Reactions: