• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Should I form Italy, or stay as the Pope?

• Stay as the Pope

Votes: 35 60,3%
  • Forza Italia!

Votes: 23 39,7%

• Total voters
The Papal Empire : A Mission AAR
Mission : Dismantle the
Holy Roman Empire
by spl

The Thuringians have just recaptured Obelausitz.

The General's army is far from the problem and decides to take Thuringia before returning to take Oberlausitz.

Meanwhile, the Pope wins the Battle of Wurzburg.

Thuringia falls and the General and the Pope part ways once again. The general heads north to Saxony while the pope remains in Wurzburg.

When the Army of Iberia arrived in Holland it was met with a surprise.

The Army of Holland under King Jean VII and his general Jaques had taken the capital of the elector of Munster!

And the elector of Munster is forced to pay tribute to the Pope.

Wurzburg, although not an elector, makes a fine addition to the collection of vassals of the Pope.

The siege of Leipzig is quick.

That's another elector under our control.

The foolish king of Thuringia decided not to liberate his capital, but rather leave his reconquered territory undefended and march south!

With his country occupied, the Thuringian king is vassalised.

The Pope moved to the Hessian Capital while the Army of Iberia took Koln with the help of Hainault.

Meanwhile, the General entered the domains of the Elector of Brandenburg.

Due to the Pope's declining health, He decides to end this war as quickly as possible. He heads to the other holdings of the Elector of Koln and quickly takes the city.

The Army of Iberia slowly captures the rest of Hesse.

Rome and the provinces around it were being used to recruit fifty thousand men to send to the Mediterranean Campaign. But Papal Revolutionaries saw the opportunity to destroy the unprepared armies while the Main Forces were fighting in the HRE!

------------------

Next: The March From Sicily & The End of War.​

Last edited:
Uh, revolutionary rebels, no good. And next update end of war? Interesting :)

Edit: My 100th post in the thread :D

Last edited:
Griffin.Gen said:
Is this gonna take 20 years? I think its gonna be shorter than that...

I think there might be some time left for the Papal Lake Mission :D

EUROO7 said:
EU3_27-4.jpg

That's another classic in the collection of pictures :D

Good to see the Germans folding so easily. How many electors are left unvassalised?

rasmus40 said:
That's another classic in the collection of pictures :D

Good to see the Germans folding so easily. How many electors are left unvassalised?
Four vassalised, Four left. :)

EUROO7 said:
Rome and the provinces around it were being used to recruit fifty thousand men to send to the Mediterranean Campaign. But Papal Revolutionaries saw the opportunity to destroy the unprepared armies while the Main Forces were fighting in the HRE!
Your own people are doing what the rest of the world can't. If we wanted a challenging mission we should have let you fight yourself :D

Slinky said:
Your own people are doing what the rest of the world can't. If we wanted a challenging mission we should have let you fight yourself :D
Funny you mention that. If the Annex Russia Mission was chosen, I was prepared to let the Empire fall under rebellions as I declared war on Russia right after every peace treaty. :D

But I can handle these small rebellions. For if I don't, The Mediterranean will be harder to control!

spl said:
And the occupation of Moscow... ;)
Or Vienna, or Paris, or London.

You never know. ;)

rasmus40 said:
Judging by the fighting against Russia so far that shouldn't be too difficult either. Their armies are just to poor in quality...
Yes, but Moscow is aaaaaaaall the way over theeeeeeeere! :D

rasmus40 said:
Then you had better get your hiking boots out of the closet and get going :p We haven't got all day :D
I have actually made a decision.

If Moscow is still the Imperial Capital when I am done with the Electors, I will occupy all the provinces needed to reach it. :D

The war is already closing at an end? Yea, this was a hard and complex mission, for sure. :p

As I have noticed by far, Rome has the largest revolts on the map. I have had 3 revolts there ( I was playing Byzantine) and they always revolted for at least 15,000 people. They kicked my arse pretty bad.

kfijatass said:
As I have noticed by far, Rome has the largest revolts on the map. I have had 3 revolts there ( I was playing Byzantine) and they always revolted for at least 15,000 people. They kicked my arse pretty bad.
Yes, the province that is supposed to be the most stable!

That's why I was recruiting troops there! :mad:

EUROO7 said:
Yes, the province that is supposed to be the most stable!

That's why I was recruiting troops there! :mad:

Haha, that's what happens when you don't unify Italy :p