• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Should I form Italy, or stay as the Pope?

• Stay as the Pope

Votes: 35 60,3%
  • Forza Italia!

Votes: 23 39,7%

• Total voters
The HRE will pay for electing those Russian heathens as Emperor! :D

EUROO7 said:
The Papal Empire : A Mission AAR

There are only two more days left to vote for your favorite After-Action Report in the Q2 2008 AARland Choice AwAARds!

If you haven't done so, go ahead and vote!
For the new page. :)

spl said:
Why is my name not in your signature?!?!?

*cries*

:p

Shush! At least your mission won.

this thread confuses me greatly sometimes... but when i found the update it seemed like a good plan!

The Papal Empire : A Mission AAR
Mission : Dismantle The
Holy Roman Empire
by spl :rolleyes:

The first battle of the war takes place in Bohemia. The recovering forces of the Pope engage the Main Ansbachian Army. With the superior abilities of the Papal Army, the Germans do not stand a chance.

Meanwhile, the Thuringians along with a small Saxon detachment assault Erz.

The Generals amazing speed puts him ahead of the Pope. He is the first to take an enemy city.

Pope Clemens arrives in Franken. A small Wurburgian army meets with the beaten Ansbachian army and prepares for battle.

They are driven back to Wurzburg and the Pope manages to take the city in record time.

General Scipione arrives at the Thuringian capital, and receives news that the main Thuringian army has taken Erz and is moving towards Oberlauslits.

Even after this, the Thuringians refuse to kneel before tha pope.

In the south, the Pope arrives in Ansbach and defeats the last of the Ansbachian army.

The Pope cannot believe the city managed to evade him for a whole week. He is ashamed.

King Friedrich August is forced to kneel before the Pope. He shall no longer be a threat.

The Pope follows the plan and moves North to Wurzburg. The General defeats a stray patch of Thuringian Infantry. They manage to flee before being annihilated.

Before the General can take Thuringia, he receives news of the Main Thuringian Army. He is not happy.

-------------------

Next: The Army of Iberia and the Rhineland Campaign.

Last edited:
There just seem to be a few too many of them. Not that that will matter in a few weeks when the have no troops left...

This is getting silly... :p They're crushed like waves against a rock.

EUROO7 said:
The Pope cannot believe the city managed to evade him for a whole week. He is ashamed.

EU3_15-14.jpg

I find it amusing the pope reports to himself :D

This is like the best of two worlds, the evil "roman" empire is destroyed, and the Mediterranean will, if not become a papal lake, at least be even more dominated by the pope than it already is.
Great!

Didaa said:
The German armies are no match for the Papal force
Nope, the only nations who could possibly pose any threat to the military supremacy of the Papal Empire are Sweden and Austria.

Fijj said:
Very nice, seems like your blitzkreag'in through Germany!
Yes, and soon the Netherlands!

Griffin.Gen said:
The Papal Armies are undefeatable!
Shall the Holy Roman Empire become Holy, Roman and Imperial? :p
The HRE is neither Holy, Roman, nor an Empire! :D

Capibara said:
Swift and deadly! Great done!
As always. :D

robou said:
There just seem to be a few too many of them. Not that that will matter in a few weeks when the have no troops left...
I agree. Perhaps wars with Great Britain and France will be more exciting! :D

Enewald said:
uh, bb is rising! :p
:eek:

Snugglie said:
This is getting silly... :p They're crushed like waves against a rock.
What can I do?

It's not my fault everyone is so backwards in Land Tech! Except Sweden and Austria. :D

Miscreant said:
I used to get as giddy as a school girl if my sieges lasted fewer than 100 days...
Well, the pope is trying to break his own record. He thinks if he times everything perfectly, He can win a siege in a day!

Slinky said:
I find it amusing the pope reports to himself :D
Well, he is the highest authority on Earth! :D

Flooper X said:
This is like the best of two worlds, the evil "roman" empire is destroyed, and the Mediterranean will, if not become a papal lake, at least be even more dominated by the pope than it already is.
Great!
Now all we need is the world!!!

Mwuahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! :D

Sling Shot said:
Woo! Go popery!
Yay! :D

---------------

Update approaches!