• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Should I form Italy, or stay as the Pope?

• Stay as the Pope

Votes: 35 60,3%
  • Forza Italia!

Votes: 23 39,7%

• Total voters
The Papal Empire : A Mission AAR
Announcement

It would appear that there is much following for the idea to take control of the Mediterranean sea. AS I would not want to disappoint my readers, I will do the following. Dismantling the HRE will be the main mission, but I will also try to make the mediterranean a Papal Lake! Dismantling the Empire will be given priority, and I will complete that mission, but I can assure you of nothing for the other mission. I will try, but may fail.

I can see it now, Every city in the Italian Peninsula making indefinite number of troops and those armies being taken to all parts of Europe and North Afrika! :D

You may expect short but WAR-FILLED updates on the armies of the Empire!

EUROO7 said:
Announcement

It would appear that there is much following for the idea to take control of the Mediterranean sea. AS I would not want to disappoint my readers, I will do the following. Dismantling the HRE will be the main mission, but I will also try to make the mediterranean a Papal Lake! Dismantling the Empire will be given priority, and I will complete that mission, but I can assure you of nothing for the other mission. I will try, but may fail.

I can see it now, Every city in the Italian Peninsula making indefinite number of troops and those armies being taken to all parts of Europe and North Afrika! :D

I can live with that :)

Wow. At least we lost with grace, guys. :p

Edit: Never mind, EUROO7 would not make his readers disappointed. :D This will be intense for real.

EUROO7 said:
Announcement

Well, its not killing millions of peasents, but good enough for me. :)

Ranieri! Where's the update! You're taking to much time. I demand an update, at least a preview! :D

Mission : Dismantle the
Holy Roman Empire

The Strategy for the first war:

First, my general will occupy Thuringia, demanding their vassalisation. From there, he will occupy Saxony, and demand vassalisation. He will then move north to Brandenburg, where he will capture Niederlausitz, Potsdam, and Brandenburg. He will demand two to three territories from Brandenburg.

Meanwhile, the Pope will occupy Ansbach and Wurzburg and demand vassalisation. From there, he will move north to Hesse, where he will meet up with the Army of Iberia.

My transport fleet in Holland will move south to the Bay of Biscay, where it will retrieve the Army of Iberia and take them to Holland.

A Map of the HRE.

The Enemies:

The Army of Iberia.

When the Army of Iberia arrives in Holland, it will move east through the low countries. It will arrive at the capital of the elector of Munster. It will storm the fortress and demand vassalisation, and move south to Koln. When it takes Koln, it will move east and take southern Hesse. From here, it will meet up with the pope. Both armies will then move to Westphalen, and storm the fortress, demanding the vassalisation of Cologne.

7​

------------------

That is the strategy for the first war.

Next: The First Phase.

Last edited:
This one?

EU3_9-20.jpg

Sure seems effective. They won't stand a chance -- you're on a mission from God! :cool:

There are only two more days left to vote for your favorite After-Action Report in the Q2 2008 AARland Choice AwAARds!

If you haven't done so, go ahead and vote!