• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Should I form Italy, or stay as the Pope?

• Stay as the Pope

Votes: 35 60,3%
  • Forza Italia!

Votes: 23 39,7%

• Total voters
Well, it seems this will be a little bit more challenging that expected, but, if you have trouble, just call some mariachis and bring a bottle of tequila and the problem will be solved :D :p

Capibara said:
Well, it seems this will be a little bit more challenging that expected, but, if you have trouble, just call some mariachis and bring a bottle of tequila and the problem will be solved :D :p
I may have to summon the mariachi!!!

:rofl:

rcp7 said:
Um .... why? :rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl:
I told you not to ask!!! :mad:

Short Answer: Because. :D

------------

@ Slinky: Let's end this honourably. *gentlemanly handshake*

and :rofl: at the pic.

EUROO7 said:
@ Slinky: Let's end this honourably. *gentlemanly handshake*

and :rofl: at the pic.
You sir, are not only a gentleman you are also a worthy foe. I hope to cross swords again with you sometime. I salute you.

Me saluting EUROO7 the slinky way

Batter'em. You'll get a nice little trip to the Pacific in the bargain, and frankly, diplo-annexing is for sissies. :D

When I was playing I noticed a scene which reminded me of this AAR. :cool:
France-Poor-Uniforms-Hats-1.jpg

Profion said:

:rofl:

roflol

That's too perfect. I thought France was supposed to be the centre of "Haute couture". You should add a "Burgeoning Fashion Industry" in Milan that gives you prestiege, money and and endless supply of fashionable hats for the army...And of course a new hat for the Pope!

As for the US, no diplomacy, just beat the piss out of 'em and annex! Seems to be what they would do, it's only fair to do it to them...

comagoosie said:
:eek:o this mission is going to be harder than I expected. Good luck. Make sure you did this one quickly so we can get on to mine :D
Not hard, just long. :)

Yours is next so in about five years. ;)

Snugglie said:
Batter'em. You'll get a nice little trip to the Pacific in the bargain, and frankly, diplo-annexing is for sissies. :D
Yes, going all the way to the Pacific.

It's a good thing I turned religious defections off about fifty years ago, or they would surely have all of the Indonesian chain!

rasmus40 said:
It would have been a lot more fun if the mission had been challenging instead of just long :(

Why don't you just change their capitol in the save file? That way we can get on with some hopefully more challenging missions :cool:

Nope, no save-game changing for me.

But next mission will be very entertaining I hope! :D

Profion said:
It is quite obvious that the Hat-Making Manufactury you have in Avignon is causing havoc among French Chapeau makers. As always, The Pope emerges victorious!!! :D

infinight said:
roflol

That's too perfect. I thought France was supposed to be the centre of "Haute couture". You should add a "Burgeoning Fashion Industry" in Milan that gives you prestiege, money and and endless supply of fashionable hats for the army...And of course a new hat for the Pope!

As for the US, no diplomacy, just beat the piss out of 'em and annex! Seems to be what they would do, it's only fair to do it to them...
France, in this timeline, is a declining state. Unlike the flourishing Italian penninsula.

And the USA Will be swiftly annexed!

-------------

Update in a few hours, I guess... :p

rasmus40 said:
Where exactly does one do that? I would kind of like to do that before everybody starts colonizing and the reformation kicks in :rolleyes:
In the Commons folder, there is a document called rebel_types.txt.

Open it and find religious zealots and change the "defection = something" to "defection = none"

The Papal Empire : A Mission AAR
Mission : Conquer Manhattan
Part II

While I get my troops and fleets ready, this happens.

EU3_1-20.jpg

Well, there's no time to lose!

EU3_2-18.jpg

Here are our enemies.

EU3_3-16.jpg

The 1000 horses in their capital are killed.

EU3_4-16.jpg

Their walls are destroyed too.

EU3_5-15.jpg

The small fighting force brought to the pacific from Mecca destroyes the army of this small island.

EU3_6-15.jpg

The colony is burned.

EU3_7-17.jpg

Meanwhile in the continent...

EU3_9-12.jpg

The city falls immediatly.

EU3_10-11.jpg

The American forces are almost non-existant.

EU3_11-11.jpg

Imperial Papal Forces capture the last American stronghold in North America.

EU3_12-12.jpg

EU3_13-11.jpg

The Army of Mecca lands in an island near Portuguese Australia.

EU3_14-10.jpg

The norhtern city is quickly taken.

EU3_15-11.jpg

And the army heads south, where they destroy the remnants of the American Army of the Pacific.

EU3_16-10.jpg

It is decided that the pope needs another man in command of his armies. He choses the competent Paulus Padova.

EU3_17-7.jpg

While heading back to Rome, the pope is greeted with news of rebellions throughout the Burgundian provinces of France.

EU3_18-9.jpg

Finally, the Last of the American islands is taken.

EU3_19-7.jpg

The Queen of Great Britain tries to take advantage of the situation.

EU3_20-5.jpg

General Padova takes the port of Panama; A strategic resting point for our fleet coming from Australia.

EU3_21-6.jpg

The Army of Mecca arrives in South America, the last of the Provinces needed to destroy the USA.

EU3_22-6.jpg

General Padova is brought to the siege, and it is assaulted.

EU3_23-6.jpg

The USA surrenders all of it's external territory to the Papal Empire.

EU3_24-7.jpg

------------

Next: The Papal-South American War

Last edited:
Griffin.Gen said:
Awesome, Papal Empire :D
Keep up the good work, I smell a big war coming...
Hmmm... A big war?

Against whom?

Griffin.Gen said:
Whoever is in South America?
Edit: Still gonna be an easy one tho.
Oh yes, that...

----------

Update coming in some minutes.

The Papal Empire : A Mission AAR
Mission : Conquer Manhattan
Part III (AKA LAST!!!)

Now, to finish this mission...

EU3_25-5.jpg

But first, Peace with the leader of the last war.

EU3_27-3.jpg

Incase it wasn't clear why I attacked La Plata. They were Guaranteed by the USA, and I didn't feel like waiting 5 years for the truce to expire.

EU3_28-5.jpg

EU3_29-5.jpg

This means...

EU3_30-4.jpg

Huzzah!!!​

--------------

Next Mission (Submitted by comagoosie) is...

Since some people wanted to guess, go ahead! :D