• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Should I form Italy, or stay as the Pope?

• Stay as the Pope

Votes: 35 60,3%
  • Forza Italia!

Votes: 23 39,7%

• Total voters
that is just mindboggling how did quebec pop up and why would france ally with iraq i mean really :eek: :eek: :confused: :wacko:

I like the mission, hopefully Jerusalem will be soon in your hands. I've been thinking of the mission I'll send. How about "Form Italy"? :D

Just kidding, I'll send my mission later

I'll send a new mission called "kick france's ass", to be triggered immediately.

Jerusalem can wait, France need to be thought a most holy lesson ;)

Do it! :p

comagoosie said:
ooohhh baby :cool:

Thanks for the map I can know send my mission.
This was not a fun time! :(

;)

Griffin.Gen said:
Quebec?!?!?!?!
My god my nightmare is realised D:
Anyway, Good luck taking Jerusalem and fighting France. You should try to ruin France if you got a successful war.
I'll try to leave a mark they won't easily forget!!!

Mwuahahahahaha!!!!

Enewald said:
France is stil allied with Austria... :p

don't join the war!
I know!!!

I found that out when I joined the war.

Now I am fighting Austria for the throne of Brunswick! :p :rofl:

rexodia48 said:
that is just mindboggling how did quebec pop up and why would france ally with iraq i mean really :eek: :eek: :confused: :wacko:

I know!

And all those east african nations. :wacko:

Capibara said:
I like the mission, hopefully Jerusalem will be soon in your hands. I've been thinking of the mission I'll send. How about "Form Italy"? :D

Just kidding, I'll send my mission later
Still haven't received a mission from you... ;)

Flooper X said:
I'll send a new mission called "kick france's ass", to be triggered immediately.

Jerusalem can wait, France need to be thought a most holy lesson ;)
Mission or not, I'll still do it! :D

Lord_D said:
Argh! :p

robou said:
hmm perhaps you were slightly hasty in going for Jerusalem...
Succession wars are always unexpected. :D

---------------------

Update within the hour!!!

It's a big one! :D

The Papal State : A Mission AAR
Mission : The Holy Triumvirate
Part II

Since no Eighteenth Century Europe would be complete without a succession war involving two of the world's major powers, my Eighteenth Century Europe was no different.

The throne of the lonely kingdom of Brunswick would cause many men to die, many nations to collapse, many battles to be fought around the world, and many years to be wasted.

The elderly king of Brunswick, weakened by age, and unsound of mind, left the temporary world with no heir. His last will was that his lands would pass to the Holy Roman Emperor, the powerful king of France.

The king of France, Holy Roman Emperor by the Grace of God, though not of the pope, would have been happy to receive the news of the death of the king of Brunswick, had he not the same day received news of a declaration of war from the court of his most loyal ally, Austria.

His Most Catholic Majesty, the king of Austria, argued that the throne of the Catholic kingdom of Brunswick would be better administered by a purely Catholic Empire, like that of Austria, instead of the Religiously diverse Empire that was France.

The Holy Roman Emperor would have none of this. Nor would His Most Catholic Majesty. And thus began the War of the Brunswickian Succession.

22-2.jpg

His Most Catholic Majesty, the King of Austria, was ill prepared for war. Fortunatly for him, he had the pope, and his mighty armies, on his side.

EU3_1-8.jpg

---------------------

Alright, now that I got that urge to write something narrative out of my system, let's get back to the war.

---------------------

As you saw in the screenshot above, I began building 50K new troops for the war.

The first battle is in the French border. A Castillian regiment was wandering Northern Italy.

EU3_2-6.jpg

The french border was secure in it's northern part, but the coast was completely vulnerable.

EU3_4-5.jpg

An order is sent to Nice to begin the arming of five thousand more men, and to wait for reinforcements from central Italy.

EU3_5-5.jpg

Meanwhile, in the New world, a portuguese guard fleet sinks the patrol cog I had set there in the early 1500's. :p

EU3_6-5.jpg

And here, Austria in Chaos.

EU3_7-6.jpg

Well, at least they begin to understand common sense.

EU3_8-5.jpg

My orders in the middle east.

EU3_9-4.jpg

Another patrol goes down.

EU3_10-4.jpg

And the French finally show up.

EU3_12-4.jpg

So do the... Ethiopians?!?! :wacko:

EU3_13-4.jpg

My armies win the battle of Alexandria and begin the siege.

EU3_14-4.jpg

I notice some unprotected enemy colonies in Africa:

EU3_15-4.jpg

A white peace

EU3_16-4.jpg

And here we see the Austrians in Action!

EU3_17-2.jpg

EU3_18-3.jpg

Some african tribe...

EU3_19-2.jpg

And another.

EU3_21-1.jpg

I defeated the 1k castillians in south africa but when I decided to move to French Africa:

EU3_22-1.jpg

That'll teach me not to underestimate the enemy.

Some worthless country.

EU3_23-2.jpg

And the Austrians in Trier.

EU3_24-2.jpg

This.

EU3_25-1.jpg

Now, you are probably asking "But EURO, when are we going to see some battles?"

Well, let me tell you why you have not seen any battles. There have been none. Except for the first battle, the french decided it was a good idea to move their 999999K army to my border. Neither of us could attack without losing half of our forces.

However, the castillians managed to break this temporary cold war between France and myself.

EU3_26-1.jpg

Here, you see a Castillian army trying to outsmart me and enter Italy through the Alps.

But I was ready. I sent 21K to the swiz border.

EU3_27-1.jpg

And the Castillians fell into my trap

From there, they were denied and sent back to Castille.

But the French tried to do the same with Austria.

EU3_29-1.jpg

A Peace deal with Castille:

EU3_28-1.jpg

I win!

EU3_30-1.jpg

It is here that I decided to invade France through the Alps.

The Portuguese were on their way to the Alps as well.

EU3_31-1.jpg

Meanwhile in Egypt.

EU3_32-1.jpg

Continued in next post.​

I enter France and the world does not end. Well, this is nice.

EU3_33-1.jpg

Wow, nice battle!

EU3_34-1.jpg

Look at that, I win again!

EU3_35-1.jpg

I'll go liberate the good people of Avignon.

EU3_36-1.jpg

Hey! I WIN!!!

EU3_37-1.jpg

Now, for the next update:

EU3_38-1.jpg

spl said:
The attack begins!
I saw a light bulb..new NI?

Yes, I'm waiting to get to level 30 production to get smthian ecnomics.

It will be a complicated war, but I'm sure those frenchs will learn not to bother the mighty Papal State!