• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Should I form Italy, or stay as the Pope?

• Stay as the Pope

Votes: 35 60,3%
  • Forza Italia!

Votes: 23 39,7%

• Total voters
Anyone know what I need to complete this mission by looking at the code?

The tooltip is very confusing. :wacko:

Code:
catholic_italy = {
	type = country

allow = {
		tag = PAP
		war = no
		italian_region = { not = { religion = catholic } }
	}
	abort = {
	}
[COLOR=DarkOrange]	success = {
		not = { italian_region = { not = { religion = catholic } } }[/COLOR]
	}

chance = {
		factor = 1000
		modifier = {
			factor = 10
			dip = 7
		}
	}
	effect = {
		army_tradition = 0.5
		badboy = -5
	}
}

Does that mean that there has to be no catholic provinces in Italy region?!?!

I can't read code!!! :(

germanpeon said:
Well Ive got no idea what missions there are as I havent got IN (not to mention that EU3 runs very poorly on my machine), but I will venture a guess. Lets say..... return Genoa to the faith?

Yes, but not just Genoa, ALL OF ITALY, must remain or be changed back to the true faith. :(

Rysz said:
Or Lombardy or Nice, who appears to be blue looking as well...

Correct, All of Italy.

rasmus40 said:
Isn't there some event for the pope to return all of Italy to Catholicism? That might be it.

Btw. you failed a mission :eek: and you did it on purpose :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yes, that's it.

NOOO!!! I did not fail it on purpose. How was I supposed to know the mission would autofail when I declared war. :(

Moquel said:
No he didn't. He tried to complete it to the best of his abilities. The cheapest way to increase relations with a small enemy is always to force-vassalize them ;)

Too bad the game just didn't understand how clever it was.

Yes, the game failed to see the logic behind my reasoning. ;)

Enewald said:
He is more clever than the game? WOW! :eek:

My guess... hom hom.... Improve relations with Milan?

Yes, I am. :D

Nope, It's return italy to the faith.

wilcoxchar said:
I'm going to say a Catholic Italy as well. At first I wasn't sure because you can't be at war, but then I remembered (in the couple second after I'd looked at the triggers for the mission) that you'd vassalized Naples before completing the create proper fleet again.

Yes, that's it!

spl might loose his job! :eek:

The Wookiee said:
All of Italy catholic huh? That might be tricky, given the french holdings...

Aye, the French holdings, the French vassals, the French Guarantees...

ouch... :(

comagoosie said:
The reformation!! Gasp

I hate that when that happens.

Me too. :mad:

English Patriot said:
I would've done the same in your position :)

I reckon the new mission is something to do with pwning protestants..

Great minds think alike I suppose. :D

And you're right about the mission...

Ahura Mazda said:
Hey!

Only spl is allowed to guess the missions! :mad:

lol :rofl:

spl said:
A few people have what they call "jobs" :) (for the last 3 summers at least...)

Anywho, I figured it was with Naples.

And the last one was way too easy Euro...getting country specific missions are most likely, and having 2 big pictures about it...bury them in text so it takes time to get the clues! :D

I agree, it was too easy, did you see how many people guessed correctly!

Next one will be tougher ;)

--------------------------

(Not an) Update coming soon!

The Papal State : A Mission AAR
Part (Not An Update)

What would you do in order to complete the mission?

Here is the current situation... :(

help1.jpg

help2.jpg

help3.jpg

help4.jpg

help5.jpg

How would you return Italy to the true Faith?

---------

Please Comment Everybody! :D

Well, DOW Genoa and Savoy quickly and get Nice and Liguria and send a missionary...DOW Milan ASAP too before it is a French vassal so you don't have to fight them...when war is done try to annex them if possible or make them a vassal and diploannex or DOW again later if you and France get them down to 1 province.

spl said:
Well, DOW Genoa and Savoy quickly and get Nice and Liguria and send a missionary...DOW Milan ASAP too before it is a French vassal so you don't have to fight them...when war is done try to annex them if possible or make them a vassal and diploannex or DOW again later if you and France get them down to 1 province.

All DOW's within the empire mean wars with HRE France and Savoy is France's vassal. :(

spl said:
Ah..forgot about that, well...we can wait until French ruler dies, who are the electors currently supporting?

seven of them support France but are not Vassals.

This looks like a tough one. Is there any way to team up with either France or Castille? If all else fails You could try the laid back approach and see whether the current owners will try convert the provinces themselves.

If you must go up against France maybe you should have their ruler excommunicated. That might make others more interested in joining you in a war against them.

just change mission.
Or start conquering.
And taking loan.
And going to bankrupt.
And collapsing.
And losing bb wars.

Or just change mission.

wheet, Malta?
Where is Malta?

The next time I post in this thread will be when I complete the mission, which might take awhile. :( :(

In the meantime, I will work endlessly to achieve that mission, and when I do successfully complete the mission, you can be sure that I will post my results. When I post the ninth installment of this AAR, it will for sure be a long one, as many, many years will have passed. But do not be mistaken and believe that I will never finish this AAR. I intend to write another once I reach the year 1821 with this AAR. :cool:

I thank everyone that has commented, or just read this AAR. It is your continuing support that drives the writAAR to keep writing. :)

As for now, my only wish is that you do not forget this AAR, for it shall return one day... ;)

EUROO7 said:
The next time I post in this thread will be when I complete the mission, which might take awhile. :( :(

In the meantime, I will work endlessly to achieve that mission, and when I do successfully complete the mission, you can be sure that I will post my results. When I post the ninth installment of this AAR, it will for sure be a long one, as many, many years will have passed. But do not be mistaken and believe that I will never finish this AAR. I intend to write another once I reach the year 1821 with this AAR. :cool:

I thank everyone that has commented, or just read this AAR. It is your continuing support that drives the writAAR to keep writing. :)

As for now, my only wish is that you do not forget this AAR, for it shall return one day... ;)

We'll happily and unpatiently await The Update of the AAR :D

Good luck!

EUROO7 said:

Could you at least tell us what your strategy is? It would be great to know.