• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would just restart in 2.2, you aren't far along.
I debated on it but I'm not sure if it would be a good idea: the game changed so much on the economic front that I would have to play another run to get a grasp on it - and I read that the AI is pretty much braindead after all the changes? So I'm not sure whether it would be a good idea or not. I'll see after 1,5/2 months whether I deem it to be a good idea to continue in 2.2 or not.

It might seem my hand will be forced to start over because knowing how @Nikolai suffered with his game after the update I started the game again, without even updating to 2.2, I started the game with some of the mods updated and also with the mods how they were as of 2.1.4 and for some reason the game just crashes when I load the save. I have no clue why the game just crashes, it's literally in the state it was before the update, both the game itself and the mods I used. Most mods are visual so I don't think disabling them will do much. I'll do some more testing but it seems like I got a sour birthday present if the save died :/.

That sucks.

A little update for all of you: as I didn't exactly confirm that the save had died, it did. So I am forced to restart which will take some time. But not all is bad, as I just bought Apocalypse and Distant Stars which I hope will bring some new features (well for me, as Apocalypse is already a year old it might be less for you) which I think will fit well in the story or add some more flavour. I'm mainly thinking about Colossus and the L-Cluster.

But unexpectedly a sort of side-project came up even before the save died which will probably take up my time but which I hope might interest some of you, but no further details on that yet. It will mean though that this AAR will not immediately restart when I'm done with my exams, but I will put the link of "The Others 2.0" (or rather, 2.2 thanks patch :rolleyes:) when it is there. And I will also post the link to the secret side-project once that is done as well, as it will be up before The Others 2.0 will most likely.

With the new additions it might not be that bad the save actually died and I hope to resume this as soon as I can. I hope you will still be interested in this once it is restarted, I really liked the feedback and comments so far - so see you in the future ;)!

Interested to see this side-project you are talking about ;)

Good fortune in those exams, as always.

Interested to see this side-project you are talking about ;)
Oh I am sure you will be the first one to hear about it ;).

Good fortune in those exams, as always.
Thanks for the support, my last one is tomorrow so I hope to be able to start writing again once I took some time off, I even wrote a few chapters of my Elysia AAR last week which I normally never do during exams - and with my 'secret' side-project and having acquired Apocalypse and Distant Stars I can't wait to continue working on those projects!

Very curious. ;)