• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I hope there are more udates to come. I only started reading a week ago and I'm finding it addictive. :)

The charge of the striped brigade was a work of art (or should that be plagurised poetry?).

And Vlad the Impala made me burst out with laughter.

Last edited:
BRAVO!
Now, if only Farq would come back from his "sabatical" and further enlighten us with his own updates, eh? :rolleyes:

Zenek K. said:
We're doing a great job! We didn't let this AAR drop to second page and new reader appeared. :D ;)

I know! I think Farq owes us a raise!

And there was much rejoicing! :D

Cripes.jpg

Farquharson finally faces up to his duty

Troggle: Ontario is probably close to Achnashellach, Ontario, but that's not the one where I was... And congratulations on your 1000th post!

anti_strunt: I'm hoping to pick up an OscAAR for "Most OTed AAR", actually ;)

Zenek: Erm, and this is yet another I'm afraid :eek:

Garuda: Welcome! Glad you've enjoyed it so far.

Draco: OK, I'm back!

CatKnight: Hey, everyone's entitled to a short ( :eek:o ) break every now and then aren't they?

Rythin: Well, I wasn't, but I am now.

Update soon, honest! :D

Last edited:
Yes, dear readers, it’s alive again! This is a summary of what has gone before, as much for my own benefit as for anyone else’s!

The Story So Far

The First Tale (1419), The Monkey in the Mangrove Tree
Mombasa is a small, poor and unpromising nation on the edge of nowhere.

The Second Tale (1419-1435), The Laughing Baboon
Cleverly allying with Malindi to the north, Mombasa takes out most of Kilwa to the south, leaving only their capital, and Zanzibar Island guarded by 31,000 baboons.

The Third Tale (1435-1455), The Very Greedy Vulture
Treacherously allying with Ethiopia against Malindi, Mombasa grabs most of Malindi’s territory, while Ethiopia annexes their capital.

The Fourth Tale (1455-1493), Mamba the Machiavellian Crocodile
Funded by opportunisitic wars against Kilwa, Mombasa takes on Ethiopia and manages to wrest Malindi from them.

The Fifth Tale (1493-1520), The Cat who lived Upstairs
In a series of wars, Mombasa completely annexes Mogadishu to the north.

The Charge of the Striped Brigade (1520-1546)
12,000 cavalry invade Zanzibar Island and manage to dislodge the baboons - Kilwa is soon annexed.

The Sixth Tale (1546-1582), The Rather Fussy Elephant
More wars with Ethiopia - Mombasa takes three more provinces from them.

The Seventh Tale (1582-1620), Alice in Gonderland
Now allied with Egypt, Mombasa makes slow but steady progress against Ethiopia, taking four more provinces.

The Eighth Tale (1620-1648), Shewa’s Lair
Mombasa conquers most of the remaining parts of Ethiopia, while the northern three provinces become Nubia, a Mombasan vassal.

The Ninth Tale (1648-1695), The Very Lazy Lion
After many bribes and a lot of waiting, Nubia is finally diplo-annexed.

The Tenth Tale (1695-1720), The Tale of Pigling Brand
Mombasa finally explores the province on their southern border, which turns out to have been colonized by Brandenburg.

Mombasa1695.jpg

The situation in 1695, which had not really changed in 1720
Mombasa is allied with the Ottomans, waiting for a chance to take on Egypt​

Hot diggity, Farq is back! YA-HOOIE (and there was much rejoicing) :D

Farquharson, glad you're back. Its time to start suspending reality again :D