• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

OscAARs: Best Completed AAR - January 2006 to June 2006

• Quest: The Spanish Search For Gold by coz1

Votes: 4 12,9%
  • P is for Portugal by Farquharson

Votes: 11 35,5%
  • The Hussite Lament by Hajji Giray I

Votes: 1 3,2%
  • The Eternal City: A Roman AAR by Judas Maccabeus

Votes: 3 9,7%
  • Die freie Stadt Mainz - A great hunt for glory. by Snake IV

Votes: 2 6,5%
  • A Mongol Empire Scenario-Desert Tides- Or how I learned to swim in quicksand by Storey

Votes: 10 32,3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

coz1

GunslingAAR
29 Badges
May 16, 2002
hearthehurd.typepad.com
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • 500k Club
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
It's time once again to vote on the OscAARs! A long standing tradition has returned to EUII and our first batch of nominees covers the ground between January and June of 2006.

Please try to give each nominated AAR a read so you can cast the most informed vote and enjoy the works written for this forum in the first six months of this year. This poll will run until August 31st.

Good luck to all the nominees.

Quest: The Spanish Search For Gold by coz1

P is for Portugal by Farquharson

The Hussite Lament by Hajji Giray I

The Eternal City: A Roman AAR by Judas Maccabeus

Die freie Stadt Mainz - A great hunt for glory. by Snake IV

A Mongol Empire Scenario-Desert Tides- Or how I learned to swim in quicksand by Storey

Comments are welcome and enjoyed. :D

Last edited:
Too bad you can't vote more than once, perhaps prioritize them - that's my only comment! A lot of good stuff here, all of it worth reading! I spent the last hour or so smiling at seeing some old friends again.

I'm going to go with "Desert Tides." Great show, Storey!

Fiftypence said:
Well, they're all top notch, but I've got to vote for Storey's Desert Tides.
Ditto. Lots of good work, but I think this one has the edge.

It's great to see 18 votes on this poll already. I assume folks are dutifully reading up on the nominated works. Hopefully we'll see more votes coming in soon. The poll lasts until the 31st.

P.S. And it looks like Storey has some competition from Farquharson this time around. Can Joe be knocked from his throne? ;) Stick around to find out. :D

OK, good souls of EUII - the ACA poll is currently beating you in voting numbers. :eek: Are you going to let that stand? I certainly hope not!

Hajji Giray I said:
I haven't read it all, but I've read enough to know my duty is to nominate "Desert Tides" by Storey.

...all the rest of us are essentially running for second place.
Congratulations Farquharson on making it a real race!

...it's just that I'm voting for Storey. :D The other truly great AAR here is "Quest", which I believe deserves a gold OscAAR - not best completed AAR but best abandoned AAR. Even if it technically was "completed" (doubtful), this can still be used as an excuse to give it a much-deserved OscAAR.

(by the way, this means I'm back from vacation, and flattered to have received ... a vote. My next AAR, currently 15% complete, is gunning for first place)

Hey, I am in a competition, and I have fourth place so far. :) Had to look twice for that. It might be time to go through the first page of my AAR and correct all of the wrongs there. Eh, what about you people that don't know if you will read it all but still want to look on it pick an update in the middle to see which quality the bigger part is of. ;)

Just a reminder folks - voting lasts for one more week. We only have 28 votes so far. Certainly we can do better than that. The ACA poll has 60+. Let's show our support to these fine nominees. :D

Heads up - voting ends tonight.

And tomorrow we begin the process of voting on the older AARs so keep an eye out for that poll coming very soon. :D

Congratulations Farquharson on taking home the gold. It's amazing that someone actually bested Storey in an OscAAR contest. :eek: Though not by much. ;)

I was simply honored to have an AAR listed among the rest of these great AARs. Congrats to all of the nominees. Thanks for your votes. :D

Congratulations Farquharson!