• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Building cost multiplier

How do I change the cost multiplier of building more buildings of the same type, especially guard towers? Like when you build your 2nd and 3rd guard towers the cost goes up about 65% for each additional tower?

I've looked through the pak myself and have been unable to find it.

Has anyone have a mod for the temples to be build anywhere and not just the sacred grounds (Pink Place)?:cool:

There is information a page before

post by gammapaladin

Look in resource/entity/buildings there are folders for all the different building types. The temples are guild_beastmaster, guild_blademaster, guild_darkpriest, guild_marksman, guild_paladin, and guild_priest (And guild_ice_mage if you enabled that )

Inside each folder there will be a .def file, like guild_beastmaster.def.

Inside that file you'll find this line:
Code:

{Flags "need_special_zone"}

Which you can comment out just by changing it to:
Code:

;{Flags "need_special_zone"}

Or delete it. Either works.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Download the demo from any source. Install. Find the folder of the game. Make a shortcut to the app. Go in the properties of the shortcut and change the target to something like: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Interactive\Majesty 2 (Demo)\Majesty2-Demo.exe" -editor . When you'll launch the app, you'll be in the editor. Space bar + click drag will move the camera, f1/f2/f3 switch between the 3 modes. Of course, one of the bad side is you must synchronize mod changes across both version and I read in other threads some of that data is not stored the same way. They also explain how to go from base64 and back, it's just it's a pain. Then, take the files you made in the demo and use the described method written here to modify/add files in a pak. Someone posted a map already and helps people with the patch to install it. Use those steps. I'm planning to make a custom app that would basically be a game launcher that would make a freestyle map and insert it in the pak, meaning you need to run it everytime you want to start a map, but it would work. It would more than likely also have a flat terrain or similar, a bit like M1, because that's way easier to do. We'll see with further patch just how rabid they are at preventing modding or if they actually allow it and perhaps even encourage it.

Fear flags that actually work (parties excluded, they're fearless):

Resource.pak\interface\cs\m2GameConst.con

m2FearFlag_EmissionPower: 0.3 (default 0.1)

Smoother party selection:

Resource.pak\interface\cs\m2GameConst.con

m2PartyGatherRadius: 199 (default 15)

The number determines how far a hero can be from the inn before showing up in the party selection window. 199 essentially reaches across the map so your heroes show up on the list as soon as they decide to go to the inn. Unfortunately it doesn't change the window's 10 hero limit.

I've also ran a lot of the resource.pak through a translator to turn the developer's comments into english(engrish) if anybody is interested.

Last edited:
The comments in the files come up as gibberish in notepad. To turn them into Russian I opened the files with Microsoft Word 2003. It automatically opened them as encoded text and all I had to do was choose either Unicode UTF-8 or Cyrillic from the list. Then I just saved the new files with Russian comments and ran them through the free document translator at WorldLingo.com. It didn't take long at all.

You can probably open encoded text with any decent text editor like Notepad ++ but I've always used Word 2003 because it's unbloated and opens instantly on my computer.

I don't have any word, that's not free stuff. Well that doesn't work with OpenOffice what's weird is that it recognize russian but probably not the right encoding or perhaps it's something I don't have installed, XP isn't a fully modern OS.

Notepad++ doesn't work, and google requires register that bore me. I think it comes from a sort of international pack I never installed on this OS of this computer. It's weird that OpenOffice recognize Russian but doesn't use the right encoding, probably because he used a system API.

EDIT:
The files that are saved in UFT8 are opened well but not those in windows-1251. I'll have search a little around this.

Last edited:
You can get Microsoft Office 2010 Beta from their website. It's a public beta so anybody can download it as long as you register. I don't know if it works on Windows XP but I don't see why it wouldn't.

Well I see some time limited demo but had to register and this bore me.

For some weird reason I think the point is more a problem of police available in my system, but well I don't remember where I put the CD to install more of them so I made an attempt, I just renamed the file with .txt and gave it again to google traduction through the download option and it worked, weird.

That's tedious process and I would prefer comment in a very bad English but at least now I can have something from the rare comments.

I'm sure I'm not alone to testing things from a mod point of view (not from a map/mission making point of view). But it take time to testing things and be sure what is possible or not. I wonder if it's not possible to summarize what we tested successfully.

Well how could be organized such changing knowledge is perhaps more the question. To have a sort of mod guide constantly updated.

I doubt you can do everything but it's perhaps possible to make a peasant buy healing potion but I don't see any simple solution to do that if this is even possible. I tried make dwarf repair building as most of the code is already here but didn't succeed. That doesn't mean it's not possible or that some other combination isn't possible.

For peasant going to shop I think they need to have a motive to go in shop. There's perhaps two ways for that:
  • That they go in shops for buying something.
  • That they go in shops for resting.

Make them buy something involves many problems, that they have money and that they have the motive to buy something. The second point is a problem because the only way I see this is defined is in a section Behaviour.HeroBehaviour when peasant have instead Behaviour.PeasantBehaviour which seems quite different.

Another solution is perhaps to make shops a possible rest place for peasants, perhaps you can try play around this. You could try to add to each shop a rest section, like there's for the tower_guard, it's in the file:
Code:
resource\set\trading\shops.set.

I haven't play around resting yet so I'm not sure this will be enough to modify resting places of units.

Here's a simple change that keeps all your heroes portraits in order instead of them displaying randomly. It makes it much easier to heal or resurrect a particular hero. Find the file:
Code:
resource\set\ui_entity_info_panel.set

And change {auto_minimize 1} to {auto_minimize 0}