• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, the separate download for 2020.17 is not yet available - the initial release had terrible problems that we are still working through! Hopefully later in the week.

I have to say though your problem is unique in my experience; even people who can't uninstall the launcher in Windows can usually install the new one anyway.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Sorry, the separate download for 2020.17 is not yet available - the initial release had terrible problems that we are still working through! Hopefully later in the week.

I have to say though your problem is unique in my experience; even people who can't uninstall the launcher in Windows can usually install the new one anyway.
I was out of luck, and I don't know why it had to make me delete the old launcher.
Hopefully this issue will be resolved in the new launcher. Please don't forget me if the new launcher comes out.
1.When the installation progresses to a certain point it will ask me to remove the old launcher
2.It asks me to delete the old launcher even though I have deleted it and do not have the old launcher, and if I follow the prompt it will show that it is not the installer
3.When I tried to close the launcher prompted that the old launcher could not be removed, please contact the technical team
4.When I repeated it three times the launcher did not skip this part and it showed that the installer had ended prematurely because of an error

The launchers are shown in the following order. I copied them over:

The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.
Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "launcher-installer-windows. msi in the box below.
The older version of Paradox Launcher v2 cannot be emoved. Contact your technical support group.
Paradox Launcher v2 Setup Wizardended prematurely
Paradox Launcher v2 Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error. Your system has not been modified. To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again.Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard.

Even though I have completely deleted it and done everything you asked, the launcher still shows the above repeatedly and cannot skip this stage.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can you try the Revo Uninstaller app again please? And maybe Ccleaner as well?

And finally MS's own installer repair tool:
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:D:D:D:D:D
I found CCleaner in it, and I cleaned it up
I tried to install it successfully, the deleting program you gave did not find the residue, and my control panel did not find it, why this package can find it?
It doesn't matter, I can now finally play Paradox games!!!!
Thank you Andrewt!You have helped me and have been trying to solve my problems during this period, I am very grateful to you!
It's been a few months since I was able to play Paradox properly!I taught myself to use dlc_load.json to load mods.
Now let me roll into Paradox's world and thank you for your help during this time!
Thank you very, very much !!!:)

Glad to help ! All the best.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I am also having this exact issue, i have deleted everything using Iobit, and i can still see PAradox Installer V2 with Ccleaner, however it will not let uninstall it, it simply tells me the following when i go to uninstall it through ccleaner. Please help.
1618202548278.png

Attachments

• 1618202542705.png
    1618202542705.png
    19,5 KB · Views: 0
How did it get like this, do you know?

Is Steam really installed on an A: drive here?

But I've never seen a case where neither Revo nor Ccleaner can uninstall the launcher. Did you c heck the registry too?

There is also MS's own tool for this purpose:

I have the exact same issue, tried everything but the old launcher just won't uninstall and it doesn't let me play the game...

When i install the new launcher seperately, the new launcher doesn't work either, just says to log in to show my library when im already logged in the launcher.. what a mess

I have the exact same issue, tried everything but the old launcher just won't uninstall and it doesn't let me play the game...

When i install the new launcher seperately, the new launcher doesn't work either, just says to log in to show my library when im already logged in the launcher.. what a mess
You have tried Revo Uninstaller, Ccleaner, and the MS tool I linked above?

You need delete registry content too:

Download "RegScanner"→
Find String: "paradox launcher"→
Check all "Scan the following base keys" options→
Click "Scan"→
Waiting for results→
Delete all found results that can be deleted→
Done

I had the same problem, where the launcher just refused to install because an earlier version of the launcher (whose existence was questionable at best) couldn't be uninstalled, but after installing the Revo free uninstaller i went to do it and intially couldn't, but after analizing for residual files i managed to manually delete everything related to the launcher's existence, and only then did the newer launcher agreed to install. I wanted to thank the mod who replied and at the very least share a happy ending

Please don't update old threads!

Status
Not open for further replies.