• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Blaster said:
any progress?
Some. There are a few noticeable changes so far from 0.4.

Just a general question: is anyone bothered about the 1000 BC scenario? It's just that padding it out and adding all the Indian and Chinese nations will take a lot of time, and if no one's too bothered about playing it then I can concentrate completely on the 1194 scenario and get a new version out a lot more soon.

Things are coming along nicely for the next update. There are a few changes such as adding more revolters, events and making countries and borders a bit more historical, and also some bigger changes. I hope to get it released within the next week or so.

Fiftypence said:
Just a general question: is anyone bothered about the 1000 BC scenario?

That person is me.

Despite it's last update (0.3 as I know, you deleted it in 0.4), it was almost complete in Anatolia. I would like to help you in this scenario, in return I'd like to play it.

Suggested city name changes (according to oldest aviable names, and switches to important cities in the era):
1)Basrah(Basora province) -> Ur
2)Larende(Silifke province) -> Larawanda
3)Konya(Karamania province) -> Ikonion
4)Adana(Kilikia province) -> Tarsus
5)Kütahya(Germiyan province) -> Sardeis
6)Smyrna(Smyrna) -> Ephesos
7)Adrianople(Thrace province) -> Aimos
8)Cadiz(Cadiz province) -> Gades*
9)Ordu(Amasra province) -> Kotyora
10)Malatya(Kharput province) -> Melid
11)Diyarbakr(Diyarbekir province) -> Amida**
12)Ankara(Angora province) -> Hattusas***
13)Sinop(Sinop province) -> Sinope
14)Kastamonu(Bolu province) -> Nyssa
15)Izmid(Bursa) -> Astacus****

Needed changes:
1)*at least level 5 colony
2)**capital of an Aramean kingdom called Bet-Zamani
3)****in 1194 scenario it was probably called Olbia
4)Phoenician colony called Tingis, around level 2
5)Known Phoenician sea routes to Britannia (British Isles, not Bretagne) and to modern Mogadischu(!) - but no colony
6)Suggested city-nation to Korea: Sila
7)Suggested civilized clans to Japan: Kibi, Izumo, Yamato
8)Suggested military leaders to Kingdom of Israel: Saul, Jonathan (or Jonatash, etc.)
9)Suggested military leaders to Philistea: Goliath
10)Moabites weren't followers of Judaism, and they were most likely separate in the era, perhaps the Kingdom of Moab mentioned in many legends
11)Suggested nation Ugarith: near Antioch
12)If you could do it, transform Kuwait to sea province, it was under water, or perhaps transform it to marshland
13)***Hattusas was the capital of an independent non-indo-european kingdom called Hatti. The indo-european conquerors renamed themselves to Hittites after they destroyed this nation. This means that Hattusas itself (and the name) is much older than the Hittites.

I could also try to dig into China, Persia, India, and Indochina later, if you decide to resurrect the 1000 scenario.

You could also contact me in PM

non actual
hellenistic, perhaps in later scenarios
special suggestion

Last edited:
Hey, I just tried version 0.5 and I have a couple of remarks:
- the palette folder in the download is misspelled 'pallete', this causes trouble using mod launcher.
- I was able to reach landtech 31 and everything went weird after that, this is because of crazy numbers in land.csv. I guess it should be impossible to reach land 31, but I did anyway.
- Did you know there is a tech effects editor, which lets you decide the required levels for exploration with all armies and also other tech effects, like tech requirements for manufactories, forts, province officials etc etc? You can disable exploration with all armies using that tool, so you don't have to make it impossible to reach land tech 31.

But apart from that, it is a really amazing mod! I played Assyria and made it the greatest empire the world had ever seen! Really cool, it consisted of all of Mesopotamia and Syria, Oman and Aden, Libya, southern Medea, Elam, southeast Anatolia and a couple of CoTs from puny nations that had dared to embargo me. I had just decided to conquer the entire world, when the strange landtech 31-effects kicked in. (it was kind of funny: my armies would win every battle/siege instantaneously against other nations, completely annihilating their armies, but against rebels I would instantaneously lose, and lose my entire army. All of this regardless of the size of the armies!)

Great work so far! :cool:

edit:
Hey, I noticed someone else had a bug kind of like mine (the invincible armies bug), anyway: check LAND.csv, it has really weird numbers at level 31! Only the invincible armies bug happens after 5 years. Hmm, weird.

Last edited:
I still haven't learnt how to mod EU3 or Rome, so I've decided to carry on work on this mod for EU2! Any future version will hopefully be on KaRei's Ptolemy map, so it will be some time before anything concrete emerges. Nonetheless, I've been doing some work to get the scenario files transfered over, which will save some time later (assuming the province ids don't change, of course). I will post a screenshot once I get confirmation that I can use the map.

Vulfynn: I don't know if you're still around, but I may try to resurrect the 1000BC scenario. I've lost the original files due to my computer dying, so it will be from scratch. I will bear all this info in mind. I was also thinking of an Amarna period scenario, maybe with a 1400 BC start date.

Taylor: -Yeah the palette foler was misspelled, but it didn't cause me any problems launching the mod. Anyway, it will be fixed in future versions
-The values in those files will be reset to vanilla in next version.
-The techs effect editor, sadly, doesn't seem to work with the current patch. I believe it was designed for 1.06(?), and a lot's changed since then.

KaRei: That does indeed look very useful. The only problem now is that I can't seem to get random leaders to show up in the game apart from the ones already in the file.

Iljitsch Ulja: Thanks.

What? Already transferred? :eek:
Come on and show the mod up. Permission granted :cool:

Fiftypence said:
KaRei: That does indeed look very useful. The only problem now is that I can't seem to get random leaders to show up in the game apart from the ones already in the file.
Eh, somehow I don't fully understand. How they are showing up? :confused:

What? Already transferred? :eek:
Come on and show the mod up. Permission granted :cool:
Well, not completely transfered-actually far from completely, but I've made a start.

owsmap.jpg

Eh, somehow I don't fully understand. How they are showing up? :confused:

Well, the current entries in the randomleader file show up, but if I try to add any new ones they won't for some reason. I've being trying to add random leaders for China, and altered the country.csv file as neccesary, but it just doesn't work.

Well, the current entries in the randomleader file show up, but if I try to add any new ones they won't for some reason. I've being trying to add random leaders for China, and altered the country.csv file as neccesary, but it just doesn't work.
Any missing semicolon somewhere? No entry with more than 31 characters?

Nice work

Well after all these years, one can still learn something new, thanks a lot KaRei, I had never noticed that there was a second file in the Leaders folder. Is the one in the DB folder (like in vanilla) never used by the game then?

It's fixed. I found that a few of the entries in the randomleaders.csv had colons rather than semicolons, so that's obviously what was causing the problem.

Well after all these years, one can still learn something new, thanks a lot KaRei, I had never noticed that there was a second file in the Leaders folder. Is the one in the DB folder (like in vanilla) never used by the game then?
No, useless... Only the one in db/leaders matters.

It's fixed. I found that a few of the entries in the randomleaders.csv had colons rather than semicolons, so that's obviously what was causing the problem.
;)