The Obligatory Stellaris Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Screenshot 2023-03-12 224913.png
Screenshot 2023-03-12 224946.png
Screenshot 2023-03-13 130831.png
Screenshot 2023-03-13 162332.png

No less than 3 Prikki empires at the same time, the little geckos have done well for themselves. Wait, who was my empire's leader again?
Screenshot 2023-03-12 225018.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-12 225018.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-12 225018.png
    424,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 15Haha
Reactions:
Reactions:
A fanatic xenophobe megacorp took the original fanatic purifier prikki home system while their fleet was fighting mine, and enslaved the entire species as indentured servants, this led to all-slave planet populations and an ongoing series of rebellions against the megacorp, the most recent of which spawned a fanatic egalitarian feudal empire.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 115235.png
Screenshot 2023-03-15 111432.png

• 6Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Update on the least valuable slaves - You can make pops that are so worthless as slaves while still being a neutral trait points empires will pay you to take them. (Ignore the fact that my economy is in shambles, the federation that is Broken Shackles and Payback just won our second war against MSI but I keep crashing sections of my economy)

20230315154238_1.jpg

• 12Haha
Reactions:
A minor but amusing quirk of the story driven gameplay. Who knew Bronze Age primitives had already invented combustion engines? While I haven't shared any technology with them, perhaps one of my scientists went behind my back and did it anyway?

20230316150347_1.jpg

• 8Haha
Reactions:
A minor but amusing quirk of the story driven gameplay. Who knew Bronze Age primitives had already invented combustion engines? While I haven't shared any technology with them, perhaps one of my scientists went behind my back and did it anyway?

View attachment 957676

The hunter-gatherers must have found some ancient Archeomobiles.

• 4Haha
Reactions:

View attachment 957676
This reminds me of the thing a number of years ago where they said an ancient civilization (Babylon maybe) invested a battery.

Let's face it, even we don't know how our predecessors made a lot of the megalithic monuments we have today. We can make informed guesses based on current knowledge, but nobody has replicated them. It was the same with the art/science of mummification from ancient Egypt, they were only able to replicate it with complete success in 2011.

That's why the Insight Technologies is a very nice touch for Stellaris.

Reactions:
This reminds me of the thing a number of years ago where they said an ancient civilization (Babylon maybe) invested a battery.

There are several examples of ancient texts which can be interpreted to mean instructions for building a battery.

Some ancient texts can even be interpreted to look like instructions for building a radio.

There are conspiracy theories built on those interpretations.

• 1Like
Reactions:
There are several examples of ancient texts which can be interpreted to mean instructions for building a battery.

Some ancient texts can even be interpreted to look like instructions for building a radio.

There are conspiracy theories built on those interpretations.

Antiquity civilizations probably had some knowledge about phenomenon like elictricity, but that dosen't mean they had the theory or material means to use it like we do today.

I remember having read somewhere that some roman inventor build some steam engine. At the time, it was looked as some curiosity, but as the romans weren't able to massively produce high quality steel, they would never have been able to develop an early industrial revolution ( steam engine, railroads...) I guess it's the same for electricity and the "Bagdad batteries"

The incredible ingeniosity of people of this times was to use with such efficency the limited ( by today's standards) resources and theoric knowledge they had. No need for aliens or modern tech to build pyramids or nazca lines, just very efficient peoples.

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions:
This is not a screenshot, but a funny experience:
There was empire A and B who loves eachother even tho they lived in a different federations.
Empire A proposed "Buzzword standarization" resolution, and empire B voted for it only because they love A.
But then, B proposed resolution "repell: Buzzword standarization", and A voted for it because how much they love B.
Nice...

• 5Like
  • 2Love
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
The incredible ingeniosity of people of this times was to use with such efficency the limited ( by today's standards) resources and theoric knowledge they had. No need for aliens or modern tech to build pyramids or nazca lines, just very efficient peoples.

I mean yeah IRL -- but here in Stellaris: First Contact it was aliens.

It was totally aliens.

• 3Haha
Reactions: