The Obligatory Stellaris Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
View attachment 705642

OK, I've been conned. Next time I buy pops, I am picking them myself. Xeno scum.

Ohh, right, I am playtesting the economy with a pacifist xenophile... uh, welcome to the fold Racket brothers and sisters!
They are overloaded with negative traits, but look at those avalible trait points - 6!
I think the proper term is "a Fixer upper"?

You should try to replace that Repugnant trait with charismatic. Uggly aliens pull to Xenophobe, Charismatic to Xenophile.

Best not mess with the Riggan Commerce Exchange anymore :D
View attachment 705730
I just had VUUL kill a Leviathan in my game - I think it was the wraith.
Only the wraith has this combination of being "weak enough to kill by mid game" and "wandering, so it might walk into a bigger fish".

Last edited:
Seems like the race called "humans" has some strange methods for communication.

1682104216830.png

1682104226948.png

Research project gave +2 hyperlane detection range.

Last edited:
  • 8Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Modifying them like @Dragatus is saying is key. You mold them like clay just like any other species, except they have Tomb World habitability and are Psionic for free. They're the best species in the game (unless you cross-breed something superior) once you modify them. :)
Huh, good point. Now that I've voted out my Xeno loving president and replaced them with a good old neoliberal I am uplifting various primitives quite irresponsibly (naturally after teaching the neolithic and medieval communities the value of submitting their request for warm gravel in triplicate.) Mass gene modification sounds like the least of the dubious things I could do and seeing as how all my potential federation partners are varying degrees of spiritualist, my local evangelical movement is also quickly growing. At this rate, I could be looking at a firm conservative hold on power! I also have a ton of planets and its quite expensive to terra-form them all. Much easier to dump some suitable pops on the location instead.

(I RP this stuff, depending on who is in power their are various things I can or can't do.. I am fanatic pacifist now mostly to concentrate on re-learning the economy, but nobody said I will remain fanatic pacifist forever. WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Shoot down a mining drone fleet, lurking in one of my systems without orders (the 3 drones + 1 transporter one who "colonise")...
Got Zero Point Reactor patterns in the year 2254... o_O
o.o73k3h.png

• 4Like
Reactions:
Seems like the race called "humans" has some strange methods for communication.

Those are abviously christmas lights. Whenever i put them on in december, time warps and it's late january before i blink.

...guess paradise is postponed then.

"Hey guys, we found a paradise planet, what should we do with it? Resort planet, amrite?"
"STRIP MINING"

• 8Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
"Hey guys, we found a paradise planet, what should we do with it? Resort planet, amrite?"
"STRIP MINING"
Well, both uses propably involve the word "stip" just not in the same ratio.

And for a Lithoid it would be a "All you can eat buffet", either way.

• 5Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
What was the quote from Civ: Beyond Earth?
"If the planet doesn't want to be mined, why is it made out of fuel?"
Say what you want about BE, but the quotes were on point. I love the French lady especially
"They say planet's core is hot, dense and unstable, and I am reminded about the parliament" (paraphrased)

Reactions:
"STRIP MINING"
Reminder: all mining personnel are to remain fully clothed at all times during working hours. Thank you.

Last edited:
  • 6Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
The slave market thinks that they are my founder's species.
Is this some kind of bug?
I think stellaris assumes that all species of the same name are related. I found that out because I was trying to test if you could coop Fanatic Purifiers with a regular empire if the players are the same species, though I went for full 'everything is the same.'

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think stellaris assumes that all species of the same name are related. I found that out because I was trying to test if you could coop Fanatic Purifiers with a regular empire if the players are the same species, though I went for full 'everything is the same.'
Yeah, same portrait + same name = same species.

Actually that might be a neat origin -- like Lost Colony, except your "main species" are the slaves of some larger, more advanced empire.

Quest line to free your peeps.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Devanor's Happy Space Adventure: The End of... pretty much everything?

The Year is 2407, the Aetherophasic Engine has turned every star in the galaxy into black holes, and all empires have fallen. Right?
1618891483372.png

Wait, what's this?
1618891514130.png

Huh... oh well, I did finish the job, so I should still have-
1618891733712.png

*angry screeching*

• 9Haha
Reactions:
Even in space you cannot escape the powerful rat
They should make a prescripted trinary System named "Walter" or "Elias" with that particulary arrangement of Stars when looked at from normal angle.

Devanor's Happy Space Adventure: The End of... pretty much everything?

The Year is 2407, the Aetherophasic Engine has turned every star in the galaxy into black holes, and all empires have fallen. Right?
View attachment 706646

Wait, what's this?
View attachment 706647

Huh... oh well, I did finish the job, so I should still have-
View attachment 706648

*angry screeching*
"The year is 2407 AD. The Galaxy has been entirely destroyed by the Aetherophasic Engine. Well, not enirely... One small fleet of indomitable Dessanu still holds out against Entropy!"

• 1Haha
Reactions: