The Obligatory Stellaris Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It might be that they used their tech Ascension Perk for Megastructures? Or it might have been a mod messing with them. Either way, the AE ai is clearly capable of doing so, if it manages to get to the point where it can. Plus, I suck at the game, and the AEs just roflstomp over the AIs.

Another episode of "Why nobody found the Rubricator before"

1593288583503.png

Though think of the possible story behind the automated dreadnought! Imagine it had been sent against Shard in the long distant past, fought a ferocious battle with it that sent it into hibernation, and the dreadnought was only able to limp out of the system before suffering the malfunction that left it adrift. Due the damage, it thinks anything that enters its sensor range is Shard.

• 3Like
Reactions:
1593721311940.png

Aparently the Worm made a small visit.

I actually have a good idea what causes this, if you choose either hegemony or common ground, and do not have guaranteed habitable worlds, this kind of stuff can happen depending of the neighboring systems that spawns. I saw once a system that had 2 species, because the neighboring system had a primitive civilization, and another who spawned in zanaam(with the hostiles included).
I know I should report as a bug, but I actually don't want it, it actually create some really fun stuff imo.
The only problem that this causes is that if the system does not have any planets(kind of rare but t can happens), so a civilization may not spawn.

Sure, but those can be cleared.
Blockers can be cleared only after you colonize the planet, but if you can't colonize the planet because there are too many blockers, well ...

If a planet really was generated that has more blockers than tiles, then that's a bug. Though I've never seen it happen in my games.

If a planet really was generated that has more blockers than tiles, then that's a bug. Though I've never seen it happen in my games.

I saw it happen years ago back when you'd place the pops on tiles on the planet. If I took a screenshot it's long gone. It was a size 10 planet, and every tile had a blocker.

Might have been a bug back then too.

unknown.png

This human hive mind turned up in a multiplayer game. There are multiple lost colony human empires, and for some reason, it spawned their parent empire as a hive mind. The other human empires aren't hive minds. It even considers them to be the same species.

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I saw it happen years ago back when you'd place the pops on tiles on the planet. If I took a screenshot it's long gone. It was a size 10 planet, and every tile had a blocker.

This happens when there fires too many events that adds blockers. Weird this not being checked by backend. The planet on the screenshot is not colonizable at least because the system is not surveyed completely yet.
Anyway, I can't see a lore-wise reason to mark such a planet uncolonizable in current districts+buildings system. But I think the catch is legacy code from old tile times works there.

? Why is it uncolonizable? You can sent settlers there?
Because it has more tile blockers than tiles.

I probably should mention I'm using Guilli's Planet Modifiers (yes I'm a heretic I know, please feel free to purge me) which adds some new tile blockers. Thankfully I can colonize it, but building districts to make it useful is next to impossible, especially since I'm early in the game and energy credits can be a bit hard to come by.

I probably should mention I'm using Guilli's Planet Modifiers (yes I'm a heretic I know, please feel free to purge me) which adds some new tile blockers. Thankfully I can colonize it, but building districts to make it useful is next to impossible, especially since I'm early in the game and energy credits can be a bit hard to come by.
Just wait until you can terraform it, THEN colonize it after.

I was wondering if you were using a mod like that. I'm guessing it's an unintended side-effect or bug in the mod. You might want to give some feedback to the author.

I was wondering if you were using a mod like that. I'm guessing it's an unintended side-effect or bug in the mod. You might want to give some feedback to the author.
i recommend waiting til you have terraforming. it'd prooy be cheaper to terraform that world than to clear all the blockers

i recommend waiting til you have terraforming. it'd prooy be cheaper to terraform that world than to clear all the blockers
Yeah, that's my plan at this point. It's also probably a lot more efficient too.