The Obligatory Stellaris Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just some friendly space whales helping me fight the Worm.

8gpqfdr.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
Playing as the Migite Realm, a custom theocratic constitutional monarchy; and this is the leader of the Council of Research Efficiency materialist faction :confused:

2020_05_29_1.png

Why would a ruler of a spiritualist state be the leader of a materialist faction? :confused:

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Playing as the Migite Realm, a custom theocratic constitutional monarchy; and this is the leader of the Council of Research Efficiency materialist faction :confused:

View attachment 583407

Why would a ruler of a spiritualist state be the leader of a materialist faction? :confused:
This is why Stellaris needs expanded internal politics mechanics. It's obvious the High Queen has been compromised and needs to have an "accident" happen to her.

• 10Haha
Reactions:
Four? That shot only shows two...

It's an old joke. There are two identical things, and you say "I'm seeing double!Four{things}!" Means that there are two of them, but you're seeing double, seeing four of 'em.

But my point is, two randomly generated Empires... oh. Hm. One of them could have an origin to explain... *goes to check* Okay. One of them was a "Lost Colony". So not strange. Never mind. Makes me feel better about that other guy having "Superior" so early in a Galaxy without advanced starts.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well this sure is a weird one. This is an orbital habitat, but it sure doesn't appear like one at first. The habitat almost looks like it just suddenly vanished from reality itself. It was only on closer inspection that I realized its model still appears, it just somehow turned itself pitch black. I have no damn clue as to how this happened, all I can say is that it is most certainly not everyday that an orbital habitat suddenly turns black and essentially makes itself invisible on the system view.
Camouflaged Habitat.jpg

And here's the same habitat when looking up. Strange.
Black Habitat.jpg

Last edited:
Well this sure is a weird one. This is an orbital habitat, but it sure doesn't appear like one at first. The habitat almost looks like it just suddenly vanished from reality itself. It was only on closer inspection that I realized its model still appears, it just somehow turned itself pitch black. I have no damn clue as to how this happened, all I can say is that it is most certainly not everyday that an orbital habitat suddenly turns black and essentially makes itself invisible on the system view.

And here's the same habitat when looking up. Strange

I have the same issue. It seems to have started with the latest patch, and only appears to affect mammalian level-1 habitats.

My advice is to fill it with admin and police buildings and call it a "black site."

• 3Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Started a new game as the CoM, and got a surprise on surveying my first system:
2020-06-20-5.png

Also, an uncolonizable habitable planet:
2020-06-20-11.png

My materialist space butterfly slaver empire got the Zroni precursor chain so I grabbed psi ascension for fun. They still DO love their robot slaves too, though. This is going to be fun. And dangerous. And fun.

Annotation 2020-06-22 063510.png

PS: Naturally, our most holy emperor is a 5475 years old psionic robot with the "The Chosen One" trait who reformed our initially fanatic egalitarian republic into the glorious empire it is now.

Last edited:
  • 4Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
View attachment 592262
And here's the same habitat when looking up. Strange.View attachment 592272

In my last two games FE habitats where always black like this.

Oh come on, these ships should have already been upgraded.
What Percent.jpg

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
20200622191403-1.jpg

I was about to invade and annex these primitives when they went and nuked themselves into extinction. I think they somehow knew I was coming for them and elected to die free rather than live as slaves.

• 3Like
Reactions: