The Obligatory Stellaris Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Today in the misadventures of system modding! I think I did it wrong.
unknown.png

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Reactions:
Now just recently I tagged a fallen empire because...reasons, and I got curious, and wanted to find out if the fallen empire ship designs were actually available in the ship designer for said fallen empire. Turns out the weren't, but when I noticed I could create a ship design, sort of. None of the other ship types were designable, but the titan design showed up, but without the actual ship components to them. When I tried to add them, this is what I got.
whatisthis.jpg

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT MONSTROSITY!?

Its a literal hybrid between a fallen empire titan design and a mammalian titan design. Sadly, I couldn't spawn it into the game because the saved design didn't show up on the construction menu, but still, in the ship designer, this looks really weird.

Last edited:
  • 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Now just recently I tagged a fallen empire because...reasons, and I got curious, and wanted to find out if the fallen empire ship designs were actually available in the ship designer for said fallen empire. Turns out the weren't, but when I noticed I could create a ship design, sort of. None of the other ship types were designable, but the titan design showed up, but without the actual ship components to them. When I tried to add them, this is what I got.
View attachment 577086
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THAT MONSTROSITY!?

Its a literal hybrid between a fallen empire titan design and a mammalian titan design. Sadly, I couldn't spawn it into the game because the saved design didn't show up on the construction menu, but still, in the ship designer, this looks really weird.
It's my understanding that FE/AE Titans are technically a different class of ship than those the player get anyway. Their beam weapons are identical in terms of base stats, but FE Titans get more slots to put things on... and, I think, no aura. They're strong enough on their own to not really need one, whereas Player Titans are more of a support ship.
Even when you've long surpassed them, they technically still have the better stuff. Now imagine a FE Titan in the hands of a player with several centuries' worth of repeatables... :eek:

20200514173201_1.jpg

Sometimes I have pretty good luck in my games. Other times the RNG places the Trappist system--with three habitable planets, all of which are colonizable for me since I'm playing a Machine Empire--next to the Xenophobe FE.

• 1Like
Reactions:
On the bright side you at least don't have to worry about any rival empires stealing your system.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Got lucky with a Winking anomaly and my new record was born. 11 habitats and 17 planets. 6 are above size 25. This is true Covfefe.
20200515232421_1.jpg

Everyone knows about planets popping up as the game is progressing, but did you knew habitats are the new thing?
20200515222225_1.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions:
View attachment 577086
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT MONSTROSITY!?

We put a spaceship in your spaceship so you can fly in spaceship while you fly in spaceship.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Finally have arrived into empire's sensor range. Let's see, where will they strike to? Are they moving to...

Screenshot-1466.jpg

Yeah, just there
Screenshot-1467.jpg

Screenshot-1468.jpg

Raiders were raided. Well, they all are raiders, huh?
Screenshot-1469.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions: