The Obligatory Stellaris Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"It turns out that that one incident where a hyperdrive prototype mysteriously exploded, was actually them stealing the technology and covering their tracks. That have been through hyperlanes a decade before we were."
:rolleyes: Maybe your species' scientists messed up like that, but ours didn't. And even if they had hyperdrives before the rest of the species learned to make fire, there still wouldn't be enough time for the flagship to return to our space after escaping the destruction of the shipyard.

I want to know three things (keeping in mind that our species has had interstellar capability for just over a decade). First, how they found the shipyard in the first place. Second, how they made their way there. Third, how they got the ships all the way back to our homeworld in one piece.

Maybe a temporary wormhole, like the one that took the Chrysanthemum to the Deneb system?

Should I be worried about this? I feel like I might be Doomed.
Doom.png

• 6Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 4Haha
Reactions:
Reactions:
I'm not an expert, but I don't think this is the optimal way for the AI to develop a world.
View attachment 759110

It is if they're going for an ecumenopolis! Never seen the AI pull that off, but there's a first time for everything...
Given that the AI is a Hive Mind (judging by the capital building) it doesn't have that option. This all becomes slightly weirder if you consider that the planet has the Urban World designation which Hives shouldn't have either, as they have Nest Worlds instead.
My guess is that as part of the 3.1 patch's balance change to auto-designations, i.e.:
* Automatic planetary designation selection will no longer be quite so sure that Refinery Worlds are what you really need more than anything else right now.
the Urban World designation may have been given a higher weight even for those that don't have it and has randomly gotten assigned when this colony was founded, after which something in the AI went "Urban World = turn into Ecu later" without realizing it can't do that.
Another idea would be that since it has +88 Food production despite having no Agricultural Districts or Hydroponics Farms and negative Amenities despite having 47 available Maintenance Drone jobs from the Hive Core and 15 Hive Districts, the Hive might be keeping mostly Livestock on the planet which are classified as Workers which otherwise don't exist in a Gestalt Consciousness and get confused about planet designations that way.
That, or it's a Necrophage Hive with a Livestock population that saps away at it's Stability as it grows and tries to counter that by periodically adding more Amenities via Hive Districts but doesn't realize that the +12 Amenities are tied to Jobs it cannot fill because it's main species never grows and it has no Chambers of Elevation built. That would explain it's behaviour but not why the planet has a designation it shouldn't even be able to have.
But this is just a bunch of overanalyzing uneducated guesses from somebody with absolutely no knowledge about how Stellaris AI - or any AI - works and has zero experience in coding, so I may also be completely wrong.

Reactions:
Given that the AI is a Hive Mind (judging by the capital building) it doesn't have that option. This all becomes slightly weirder if you consider that the planet has the Urban World designation which Hives shouldn't have either, as they have Nest Worlds instead.
You're misreading it; that planet is freshly conquered by my hive mind, the original owner is not one.
Another idea would be that since it has +88 Food production despite having no Agricultural Districts or Hydroponics Farms and negative Amenities despite having 47 available Maintenance Drone jobs from the Hive Core and 15 Hive Districts, the Hive might be keeping mostly Livestock on the planet which are classified as Workers which otherwise don't exist in a Gestalt Consciousness and get confused about planet designations that way.
Again, freshly conquered by a hive, so all the existing population got turned into livestock by default.

However, after finishing the conquest of this nation, I can say that they did the same thing to every single world they colonized. Their homeworld has a mix of districts and plenty of buildings, but all half dozen or so other worlds they had were almost entirely city districts. If I recall correctly, one had two agro districts and two others had one agro district each, almost none had any buildings except the capital, and they each had more than 10 city districts (but I don't think any of them actually had full city districts, so none of them would have been eligible to be turned into an ecumenopolis yet).

Reactions:
I'm seeing double! Four Zron systems!

It's a little difficult to see. I have highlighted one of them, but the final precursor event spawned not one, not two, not three, but FOUR identical Zron systems. I'm going to be rolling in Zro if they all have the same resources.
2021_10_10_1.png

• 5Love
  • 3Like
Reactions:
I'm seeing double! Four Zron systems!

It's a little difficult to see. I have highlighted one of them, but the final precursor event spawned not one, not two, not three, but FOUR identical Zron systems. I'm going to be rolling in Zro if they all have the same resources.
View attachment 764377
Please tell me you are a robot for extra hillarity.

• 6Haha
Reactions: