The Obligatory Stellaris Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
There's no Horrified nor Mad reaction so have a Like.

But it's a horrified Like.
It's for an AAR I have long had in mind. Dug it up from my screenshots from 2X after I got fed up with my attempts at taking the shot again.

Must say though, taking shots in Stellaris is a lot of fun. The galaxy map focused gameplay often conceals how lovely the game is in system view.

1631833778604.png

1631834027934.png

1631834107485.png

Even if I am yet to post an AAR, I have at least practiced taking the shots if nothing else.

Last edited:
  • 4Love
  • 3Like
Reactions:
HiveEruditePsionic.jpg

Vanilla single player game... i thought that hives are psionics on their own...

• 1Like
Reactions:
The downfall of the league of non aligned powers.
For once both awakened fallen empires won and crashed the leage. This is the result. Most of the remaining league empires sharing a single system. How many do you count?
1632081855481.png

The unbidden destroyed the starbase and for some reason it did not rebuild. Then one afe took a planet and one fed member took it back. This has repeated 3 times so far and now we have 3 different empires sharing one system, with two of them having their capitals there.

• 6Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Were they Psionic pops that were assimilated by a Hive Mind maybe?
Yeah it was. But acording to lore (or at least to game mechanics):
1. Hives cannnot transcend because they are already psionics, this is the main reason they are hives.
2. Psionics is part of hive, so psionic trait should be removed after assimilation.
OR
1. Psionic is not removed because its not part of the hive.
2. Hive is not psionic for default do they should be able to transcend (which was my suggestion few times, but was overwhelmingly disagreed with main argument that hives are psionics from the beggining).

Yeah it was. But acording to lore (or at least to game mechanics):
1. Hives cannnot transcend because they are already psionics, this is the main reason they are hives.
2. Psionics is part of hive, so psionic trait should be removed after assimilation.
OR
1. Psionic is not removed because its not part of the hive.
2. Hive is not psionic for default do they should be able to transcend (which was my suggestion few times, but was overwhelmingly disagreed with main argument that hives are psionics from the beggining).
Yeah, but how the game works vs. how the game should work are two different beasts when it comes to Stellaris.

Reactions:
holier_than_thou.png

In my first Lem campaign the Holy Guardians looked like this. I ended up going Psionic, but it would have been worth going Synth just to see these guys complain about 'wicked cyborgs'.

• 6Haha
Reactions:
View attachment 758166

In my first Lem campaign the Holy Guardians looked like this. I ended up going Psionic, but it would have been worth going Synth just to see these guys complain about 'wicked cyborgs'.

"We embrace the true religion, therefore we are special." -- probably a Spiritualist

• 5Haha
Reactions:
I want to know three things (keeping in mind that our species has had interstellar capability for just over a decade). First, how they found the shipyard in the first place. Second, how they made their way there. Third, how they got the ships all the way back to our homeworld in one piece.
how.png

• 8Haha
Reactions:
I want to know three things (keeping in mind that our species has had interstellar capability for just over a decade). First, how they found the shipyard in the first place. Second, how they made their way there. Third, how they got the ships all the way back to our homeworld in one piece.View attachment 758198

Yeah that event chain could really use some Custodian love.

Reactions:
Ah yes, the old "Do as I say, not as I do" doctrine.

I thought this game was supposed to be fictional.
you are talking about religion, they are just spiritualists.

I want to know three things (keeping in mind that our species has had interstellar capability for just over a decade). First, how they found the shipyard in the first place. Second, how they made their way there. Third, how they got the ships all the way back to our homeworld in one piece.View attachment 758198
The answers are:
Hyperdrive
Hyperdrive
and Hyperdrive

I mean you managed to find the place in 2 years.

The answers are:
Hyperdrive
Hyperdrive
and Hyperdrive

I mean you managed to find the place in 2 years.
I didn't find it, I just found its location in the star charts I captured from them. Somehow they found out where it was before leaving our homeworld, and hyperdrive isn't anywhere near fast enough to get there and back in the time available (even assuming they didn't run into anything hostile on the way). Using console commands to actually learn how to get there, I see it would take a minimum of 2376 days (6.6 years) to reach with our current technology. That means they had to leave the homeworld about a year before we invented hyperdrive in order to make the round trip by the current date shown in the screenshot (and they made the round trip well before that date, too, since I had to fight them several times, build an army, and board their ship to get their starcharts in the first place).

Also, not long after this, someone else destroyed the shipyard, and the cultist flagship which escaped from the destruction of the shipyard made the trip back to the homeworld in less than a year.

Reactions:
Somehow they found out where it was before leaving our homeworld, and hyperdrive isn't anywhere near fast enough to get there and back in the time available (even assuming they didn't run into anything hostile on the way). Using console commands to actually learn how to get there, I see it would take a minimum of 2376 days (6.6 years) to reach with our current technology.
"It turns out that that one incident where a hyperdrive prototype mysteriously exploded, was actually them stealing the technology and covering their tracks. That have been through hyperlanes a decade before we were."