The Obligatory Stellaris Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmm the whole Concept of the Dyson structures (Swarm, Sphere, Ring) was put forward because they would emit a lot of Infrared radiation. Enough for our pre-FTL society to detect.
In a depressing twist of fate, it turns out what we thought was universal background microwave radiation was just red-shifted IR from the huge number of Dyson structures in our neighborhood.

Aliens were everywhere, they just didn't feel like talking to us.

Reactions:
In a depressing twist of fate, it turns out what we thought was universal background microwave radiation was just red-shifted IR from the huge number of Dyson structures in our neighborhood.

Aliens were everywhere, they just didn't feel like talking to us.
I don't blame them, even we don't want to talk to us.

Where do I sign up for the Mars Colony?

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Not my screenshot, it came from here:
... but it is kinda hilarious.

tx99uqy9tj561.jpg

"Is this what you meant by the Yellow Menace?"

• 6Haha
Reactions:
20201220122545_1.jpg

"With this treaty settled the only thing left to do is name the newly formed organization, do the representatives of the Commune of Endless Rain have any suggestions?"
"Just some Random Name is fine"
"Then it is settled, from henceforth this alliance shall be called 'Random Name' "
"What, no, I meant, any random name would do, like some sort of cooperative"
"Too late, we've already printed the letterhead and the graphic designers have made our logos, and all the cooperative departments have accepted Random Name"
"Ugh, fine"

• 7Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
View attachment 664001

"With this treaty settled the only thing left to do is name the newly formed organization, do the representatives of the Commune of Endless Rain have any suggestions?"
"Just some Random Name is fine"
"Then it is settled, from henceforth this alliance shall be called 'Random Name' "
"What, no, I meant, any random name would do, like some sort of cooperative"
"Too late, we've already printed the letterhead and the graphic designers have made our logos, and all the cooperative departments have accepted Random Name"
"Ugh, fine"
But, shouldn't the Federation have been called "some Random Name" then?

• 1Like
Reactions:
The real kicker here is that after I blocked off all the routes (by setting intervening systems to "forbidden") going all the way around the galaxy to get to that system (which was around 10 hyperlanes from the ship's current location even by the most direct route) the ship changed its exploration target to the unexplored system adjacent to its current location.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
The real kicker here is that after I blocked off all the routes (by setting intervening systems to "forbidden") going all the way around the galaxy to get to that system (which was around 10 hyperlanes from the ship's current location even by the most direct route) the ship changed its exploration target to the unexplored system adjacent to its current location.
"Our science officers can be depended upon to make efficient and intelligent choices... but only after all other options are removed."

• 1Haha
Reactions:
View attachment 664591
The automatic exploration pathfinding & target selection algorithms are doing a great job here.
This sounds like a pathfinding bug. I hope you reported it with a savegame that caused it?

This is why I never use auto-explore.

20201228221324_1.jpg

I have no idea how they converted to pacifism, but apparently after the khanate fell and most the territory was lost these guys decided that all they wanted to do is be left alone and grow crops. They're my vassals because they are the only ones not in my hegemony on this side of the galaxy, and as a pacifist megacorp they were more useful to peacefully vassalize.

PS: Successor Khanates really need to not be xenophobe, they end up enslaving and selling or displacing all their pops and then crashing their economy of dying of instability.

• 2Like
Reactions:
What has science done?

20201220145932_1.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
And now for this week's episode of Whose Moon Is It Anyway?, the game where the planets are made up and the orbits don't matter.

Screenshot 2020-12-22 174432.jpg

• 12Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions: