The Obligatory Stellaris Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well... That escalated quickly...
A 7k pirate raiding fleet kills the Teriyaki Matriarch...
That's not supposed to happen, right?

teriyakitykoj.png

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Well... That escalated quickly...
A 7k pirate raiding fleet kills the Teriyaki Matriarch...
That's not supposed to happen, right?

teriyakitykoj.png
Look at that... It's like the Matriarch didn't even fight back...

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Alert, we have unbidden in the neighbouring sector in year 2200

Attachments

• 20200522023530_1.jpg
    20200522023530_1.jpg
    255,6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200522020115_1.jpg
    20200522020115_1.jpg
    404,7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2Like
Reactions:
20200523141226_1.jpg

So apparently, if you try to change a planet's size with the console to 0, the planet, it just disappears entirely! Now we just have two moons orbiting a gas giant that was deleted from existence. Seriously, why am I able to do this!?

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
This one actually makes sense, kinda. After all, if they don't know who we are, then we might actually be unidentified.
stellaris 2020-04-10 08-23-37-72.jpg

Oh, lovely. This is a *perfect* place for this to show up. Better than, say, the Alien Specimen Procurement putting a lifeform inside the borders of a determined exterminator, but still not great.
stellaris 2020-05-05 17-48-28-43.jpg

And, the space amoebas became an advanced empire on game start, leading to strange results.
stellaris 2020-05-23 13-58-40-18.jpg

• 1Haha
Reactions:
So apparently, if you try to change a planet's size with the console to 0, the planet, it just disappears entirely! Now we just have two moons orbiting a gas giant that was deleted from existence. Seriously, why am I able to do this!?
Why shouldn't you be able to do that? It's the console. You're messing with the game's files.

Reactions:
Why shouldn't you be able to do that? It's the console. You're messing with the game's files.
I only just found out I could do this. I previously knew you could change a planet's size to 1 but not 0. Although now that means I can go around the galaxy setting every planets' size to 0. Good luck sending your science ships out to survey a whole bunch empty points in space.

I only just found out I could do this. I previously knew you could change a planet's size to 1 but not 0. Although now that means I can go around the galaxy setting every planets' size to 0. Good luck sending your science ships out to survey a whole bunch empty points in space.
Again, why shouldn't you be able to do that?

You're using the console. The console is effectively "cheat codes +".

Reactions:
Again, why shouldn't you be able to do that?

You're using the console. The console is effectively "cheat codes +".

Packers05 quotes does not make any sense at all! Its like he is borrowing his fathers car, drives it into a ditch and then complaining about, that it should not be allowed to drive it at all!
Its the console you are using. The console is a help for players and developers. Thats a speciality of some paradox games: it helps players and developers in this regard. A lot of other games does not have this and in my opinion, thats a big malus.

Well.. um.. the Hive still will eat everything it could, but will follow the protocol now, right? That's the point, m?

View attachment 582498
At first it does seem odd that they would recommend a diplomacy expansion when you intend to play a state that cannot do diplomacy, but it could very well be an attempt to present you with something that could offer more challenge should you choose to play this sort of civ.

If the AI were competent, I bet they could use every option Federations offers to great effect to challenge even the mightiest genocidal civ.

Reactions:
Packers05 quotes does not make any sense at all! Its like he is borrowing his fathers car, drives it into a ditch and then complaining about, that it should not be allowed to drive it at all!
Its the console you are using. The console is a help for players and developers. Thats a speciality of some paradox games: it helps players and developers in this regard. A lot of other games does not have this and in my opinion, thats a big malus.
Damn, sorry if I sounded like a complete idiot. Personally, I use the console fairly frequently, which includes the planet_size command. I just never attempted to set a planet's size to zero, and I was surprised whenever I found out I could actually do that. Perhaps I should have used different wording in my comments. Again, sorry if I sounded like a moron.

Last edited:
And, the space amoebas became an advanced empire on game start, leading to strange results.
View attachment 581006
Yes I sort of encountered this before too when trying to load up a new galaxy. I don't know what specifically caused this, as I use a lot of mods, and I never really decided to check if it was actually caused by a mod just simply by the base game. Essentially both the Space Amoebas at Amor Alveo and the Space Whales at Tiyana Vek acted like a country, and you could communicate and even do diplomacy with them. Sadly, this glitch seems to have disappeared with the official patch release of 2.7.2, but this was a really strange bug while it lasted.

Last edited: