The Obligatory HOI 4 Strange Screenshot (and video!) Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SFSLovenought

Horse Fascist
63 Badges
May 5, 2013
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
I looked and I couldn't find one of these for HOI 4, so I'm creating one. I'll go first.

I was just sitting there during my hands off Dominican Republic observer run, when I noticed that we now have a "European Front". I had a look, and I saw.....this:

This is honestly one of the most inscrutable things I have ever seen in a Paradox game, and that's a high bar.

Reactions:
u05IVKg.jpg

If you say so....

Reactions:
Ahistorical mode game. I swear the more things change the more they stay the same.

kUcW9vE.png

A Polish Civil War resulted in the USSR declaring against the Axis aligned part of the war, pulling in everyone in almost roughly the same order. Even France managed to switch to Communism just in time to make sure Germany got a good dose of a two front war. Big difference is Finland, who lost the Winter War fairly convincingly. In retrospect inviting Fascist Poland to the Axis was a major misstep, especially as it prevented me from sending volunteers to help mop up the rebels and has compounded issues.

Reactions:
Ahistorical mode game. I swear the more things change the more they stay the same.

kUcW9vE.png

A Polish Civil War resulted in the USSR declaring against the Axis aligned part of the war, pulling in everyone in almost roughly the same order. Even France managed to switch to Communism just in time to make sure Germany got a good dose of a two front war. Big difference is Finland, who lost the Winter War fairly convincingly. In retrospect inviting Fascist Poland to the Axis was a major misstep, especially as it prevented me from sending volunteers to help mop up the rebels and has compounded issues.
Wait, why is Germany in the war and simultaneously not?

Reactions:
this war has been a nightmare. Obviously doing something wrong, but ugh. Bolivia was not like Uruguay. I think they had over 50 when the war started.

568C756720E42C7D31F92103F3E83B7219353919

Can I take La Paz before the game ends?

Reactions:
I know the sovjets aren't the greatest political minds out there but, you know, negative political power might go a bit too far :p I didn't purge all those people for this o.o
20160607213719_1.jpg

Reactions:
So apparently this is the result of Japan going communist and calling the USSR into the war with China
ubCSIj9.jpg

Here's the Chinese People's Republic led by Mao as a puppet of the Soviet Union
io7ysxq.jpg

and here's the People's Republic of China led by Mao as a puppet of Japan
YHPadxj.jpg

Alrighty then.

Some other fun stuff:
Now the British have discovered how to make ships cross land, there is no power on this earth that could stop the Royal Navy
SCvlcrl.jpg

And here's Germany getting wrecked in 1940 by Britain, France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Denmark and Switzerland. It only got worse for them afterwards as the British took Berlin and landed in huge numbers at Danzig.
J2LmkHF.jpg

Reactions:
Yo dawg, I heard you like proletariat societies...

jrpzg.png

The BEST China also managed to clone the BEST supreme leader of all times.

qvpfcz.png
clfngi.png

Last edited:
Reactions:
My game went a bit weird. A capitulated Germany who for some reason kept Serbia seemingly moved its army to Egypt, Vietnam and a random province in China. This is the a-historical gamemode obviusly with a communist France and such. But seriously, this AI. Germany conquered France while Britain ran into Germany. Italy doesnt guard Rome but has no problems taking half of France afterwards and casually takes Kenya. Spain conquers half of Germany for some reason.

cKnNyy4.jpg

Reactions: