The Obligatory HOI 4 Strange Screenshot (and video!) Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Soviets doing it right:
Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 3.04.33 PM.png

My Ally has gathered his finest military minds to craft a bold and cunning plan...

F7F54620F5D2671CAAB214A5DBB182AA7C1F1832

My Ally has gathered his finest military minds to craft a bold and cunning plan...
F7F54620F5D2671CAAB214A5DBB182AA7C1F1832

"Ok, guys. Now we talked all night long to make a plan to set foot on German soil. But first things first: We need to cross that Kiel Canal*!"

*Or Kaiser-Wilhelm-Kanal as it was called back then
**Or Nord-Ostsee-Kanal, its current German name.

Last edited:
"Ok, guys. Now we talked all night long to make a plan to set foot on German soil. But first things first: We need to cross that Kiel Canal*!"

*Or Kaiser-Wilhelm-Kanal as it was called back then
**Or Nord-Ostsee-Kanal, it's current German name.
Did not know that. I thought it was always the Kiel Canal.

Right now it's just a staring contest, especially as Germany is pussyfooting around with DoW'ing the Soviets like I was counting on. They may not launch Barbarossa with Sweden in the war. :(

Did not know that. I thought it was always the Kiel Canal.
In fact I first wrote "We need to cross that Nord-Ostsee-Kanal". Then I thought about it and figured it could have another name in English (the literal translation would be "North-Baltic Sea Canal", btw). So I summoned the magic of Wikipedia which told me its English and its former name (up to 1948 iirc). :)

20180602222549_1.jpg

Without a doubt the worst timeline

Edit: I can't stop thinking about the atrocity that is this map. It haunts me. I am truly disgusted by its mere existance.

Last edited:
Hungary wants his old place back and demands Slovakia! But apparently they didn't check who is currently owning it.

20180603163911_1.jpg

Will Germany give in to these demands out of fear from the mighty Hungarian army?

Never underestimate the AI and its enthousiasm to sacrifice manpower for the cause.

Japan Surrendered 1 August and apparently held the Olympic Games in a single day:

1590479EE940B216BB4EDC279B9D498A6FE32E4B

Then within the month the Soviet-Turkish war turns into World War III and Democratic Japan decides well, how about another insane war, what's the worst that could happen?

2590EE2C50D737B2849130884ECCA03470E08472

@noobermenschen

I had a few games like that. I feel your pain.

IE Freed Democratic Germany decide to start WW3 by declaring on USSR in Operation Barbarossa just because Nazi Germany didn't trigger the focus.

upload_2018-6-9_15-15-31.png

But...i'm not a fascist... i didn't even do any offensive war the entire game!
I know you're the abstion of freedom but aren't you the evil one now?
(so yea, my entire run got ruined because of this. naval invasions everywhere. Clean one up, and be ready to respond do a dozen new ones)
ps. i know what focus i'm doing, but i just did that because the USA was declaring on me anyway so i might aswel no?

@noobermenschen

I had a few games like that. I feel your pain.

IE Freed Democratic Germany decide to start WW3 by declaring on USSR in Operation Barbarossa just because Nazi Germany didn't trigger the focus.
Yup. :p Ivan was stuck in Eastern Turkey for over a year and then pulled a Japan by starting a bigger war, renouncing Molotov-Ribbentrop after post war Germany had joined the Allies. I had planned on going Finland* -> Leningrad -> Novgorod -> Moscow and winning the war, but now I will have to take my fleet and strongest Army back to the Pacific while keeping an occupied Russia under control, or trusting my Allies to finish her off. Guess I will be building nukes after all.

*Simple but not easy, Finland is going to be a tough nut to crack.

The most important factor in amphibious operations is security. We must keep the enemy guessing where we are going to land....

EEDC2DB2F988A8C97CBBB54BF1312E828FBCFF55

Meanwhile the Russian Front appears to be developing into a Swedish-Turkish race for Moscow. :cool:

2DA1AE85CF8B528472BE9532DAAF4F8B24930E78