The Obligatory HOI 4 Strange Screenshot (and video!) Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think I have a screen shot of this at home but for now I will just post about it. Ahistorical game that got out of control with 3 different world wars, axis vs allies, allies vs comintern, whatever China/Japan became vs axis, allies, and comintern. In the end I had a single state 3rd Reich Germany led by Hitler that was a puppet of Japan and right next to it was another single state country the 4th Reich that was a free Germany led by some guy named Klaus. I would have kept going but the game was taking forever to complete even a single day.

Kaiserreich, second American civil war: today was a good day. MacArthur was very pleased. Eat .30-06 you hooded bastards.

Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 11.18.01 PM.png

Last edited:
I am more surprised that those battleships were actually sunk by submarine and not your air force.

I am more surprised that those battleships were actually sunk by submarine and not your air force.
I even checked the damage done. The majority of the damage to the battleships was done by submarines. Just a few hits and they were sunk.

Western Germany got its priorities right.
The government of Western Germany decided to make Bitburg, a small town in the Eifel, its capital.
upload_2018-5-1_14-13-8.png

There is exactly one thing for what Bitburg is well known (maybe even outside of Germany, I don't know).
And this is:
405_bitburger-pokale_4102430040505.jpg

Ahhh Bitburger, das besten!

As we all know from a certain movie, even retired German servicemen like to drink that in Argentina.

A bad day for the Royal Navy.

Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 10.33.37 AM.png

The ultimate English secret weapon:
Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 11.23.06 PM.png

What happens when you take Historical Focuses off, never participate in WW2 and cheesily take out USA, Mexico before 1940 and invade Portugal?

Things happen.
So this is the Treaty of Könisberg that the victorious Allies and the Soviet Union forced on Axis. But they were kind enough to let Hitler keepAlsace-Lorraine and Saxony or something. There are also 2 Spains, Spain that is in the Allies and Republican Spain as well as three Germanies, West, East and German Reich.

This peace lasted for only a few months until Hungary decided to go Greater Hungary and invaded Yugoslavia, and about year later the Soviets joined on the CS side because Greece said no. Also during the war, Vichy France was actually French Commune for some odd reason.
s7Ati3Q.jpg

Even Himmler is not amused that he was somehow allowed to live...
20180506210926_1.jpg

Oh, and check out what those animals did to Spain while we're here.
20180506210920_1.jpg

The Hindenburg survived, and now I've spent around 5 minutes laughing.

Also, in this universe, Hess's autobiography is named "Fireworks over London".

Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 11.00.48 AM.png

Last edited:
This happens when distance doesn't matter:
upload_2018-5-13_17-25-55.png

I'm Nationalist South Africa and my divisions are fighting next to Bukarest.
Apparently the best route to supply my troops is Pretoria -> Eritrea -> Hamburg (back around the Cape :rolleyes: because Gibraltar is contested) -> Bukarest

Unfortunately the only thing I can do to improve that situation is building ports in South Africa. The rest is not in my control...

Last edited: