The Obligatory EUIV Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm practicing to do a TTM run. I tried the mayan horde wich led to some funny situations.

With the enforce religion nerf to natives, I had way to much dev by the time I reached the Mexican area. So I released Tarnate and gave him a few islands. Halmahera (a colony with my culture) got rebels while in the hand of Ternate. Otomo rebels.... They got a hold of the province and that created a core for the daimyo. I'm tempted to continue the run just to see if one of the religion reform will give that province to them and what they would do with it.

1626954142936.png

Since I moved my capital to Australia, Okinawa was just a regular core and got released when I passed the first reform. But to who ? To a tag i've never seen... Kulin.

1626954515543.png

Since their capital is in Asia, and that other provinces of my culture in australia got release in the same reform... they went to him to form... the famous Kulin's Australian colonial nation.

1626954678597.png

I'm quitting the run because I forgot that the reform would also release my vassal, among them a 100 dev Tondo that I had to let go to change religion. I wasted valuable time and ressources for that land so I have to do better. In insight, going for Nahuatl if probably easier. Better bonus and with all the tribes in Austria it should be fast enough.

Reactions:
When you're soooo close to hitting the War of the Roses disaster, and then you don't just get any heir, but an heir who's actually worth of ruling France and Britain in Personal Union

war of the roses.jpg

Perfect start for a world conquest I guess....

• 7Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
Words cannot begin to describe how much I hate the AI's perseverance in getting military access.

172B46CDD41541529F48FD4C5AAC5B1E3A256205

Yes, they're fairly powerful for Switzerland, yes they're still landlocked and have no navy.

• 11Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Makes sense sending the best Alpine corps to Tibet.

• 5Haha
  • 4Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
How many participants in the war? If there’s enough little derps they would only need a couple access per derp. (Still agree with you though!)

I don’t recall, but I think I counted 4 nations they needed to get access through, none of which were involved in the war. I’ll have to check later. After I (or I mean Korea because I was too lazy) beat Switzerland, Genoa then showed up in the same spot. This was a war against Spain for their colonial possessions in California.

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Words cannot begin to describe how much I hate the AI's perseverance in getting military access.

172B46CDD41541529F48FD4C5AAC5B1E3A256205

Yes, they're fairly powerful for Switzerland, yes they're still landlocked and have no navy.
Prime defensive terrain with no forts... what did you expect?!

I know there's a strategy that involves deleting all forts except on your capital... but I am rather fond of letting my enemies starve themselves to death on a lonely mountaintop.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Behold, the strangest thing I've seen in over 2100 hours of play time:

View attachment 744863

No idea how or when this happened.
Yeah, very strange stuff - someone with 2k hours in legit playing ottos. I suppose something is very broken here, you better check it out

PS: My bet - either PU over Irish leftovers after going Catholic or MORE likely chartering trade company (which is hilarious)

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
Yeah, very strange stuff - someone with 2k hours in legit playing ottos. I suppose something is very broken here, you better check it out

PS: May bet - either PU over Irish leftovers after going Catholic or MORE likely chartering trade company (which is hilarious)
More likely, GB declared on Congo because it was near a colony and failed to ever send troops there. After 10 years of nothing happening, Congo getting 25% warscore, got Mann in the peace deal because it's an island and they dont need to occupy a fort for it.

• 3Like
Reactions:
More likely, GB declared on Congo because it was near a colony and failed to ever send troops there. After 10 years of nothing happening, Congo getting 25% warscore, got Mann in the peace deal because it's an island and they dont need to occupy a fort for it.
Could be.

It would have been nice to at least see province screen - who (if anyone) has core on Mann? Province history obviously would help too. Also who is that to the left of Mann - Ulster? Isles? I can't read from this height

The city of Warsaw became so big that people started building their homes on the river

EU4_Warszawa.JPG

(the forts are only for the +1 army tradition, don't comment on the placement of them)

• 3Love
  • 3Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The city of Warsaw became so big that people started building their homes on the river
Well, there was a point in time when they built shops and houses on bridges. :p

• 3Like
Reactions:

PS: My bet - either PU over Irish leftovers after going Catholic or MORE likely chartering trade company (which is hilarious)
You're really going to front me over that one? Well, you do you I suppose.
FYI, I was just going for a relaxing game to get the Islam and monuments achievement.

This is the province history. My best guess is that Manx rebels freed the country during the English Civil War but England vassalised or allied them, then a colonial war with the Kongo happened in which they somehow managed to occupy the island. England failed to ferry troops over and thus lost the province.

P.S.: The leftover Irish state is indeed Ulster.

20210803220843_1.jpg
20210803220851_1.jpg

Finally, the perfect combination of circumstances: a 50%-off natural scientist protects me from a comet. (Not exactly strange, but perhaps unusual, and I felt the need to share.) Given that said natural scientist was my husband's "close friend", I think I'll forgive him for any potential infidelity.

20210804152933_1.jpg

• 2Love
  • 1Like
Reactions: