The Obligatory EUIV Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What the heck happened here?
Europa Universalis IV_31.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions:
An oldie, but a goodie - pope always finds a way to somehow convert away from catholic faith, despite best efforts by PDX.

This time, it doubled down by becoming Defender of Reformed Faith (and re-takes it every time it loses it by not joining defensive wars against reformed countries).
View attachment 699614
The Pope is Reformed in my England->GB missions achievement run as well. If I ever end up on a war with the Holy Father, I will force convert him back to the True Faith - but he seems quite shy about allying with anyone likely to get in my way...

The Pope is Reformed in my England->GB missions achievement run as well. If I ever end up on a war with the Holy Father, I will force convert him back to the True Faith - but he seems quite shy about allying with anyone likely to get in my way...

A reformed pope is likely due to the bugged Calvin Becomes Spiritual Leader of Geneva event (see more discussion in e.g. this thread).

TBH I'm OK with Paradox not fixing it. This is real flavor :)

• 2Haha
Reactions:
As we all know, historically accurate alliance between the triple entente - Ottomans, Muscovy, Holy Roman Emperor (Bohemia).

They've been allied for at least 50 years now, i think tension may arise now that the Ottomans and Bohemia ate Hungary.

They're all involved in the 30 years war, backing the Catholics as all good Sunni and Orthodox are known to do....

1617815749339.png

• 3Like
Reactions:
So... I let the nobility with 0 influence. I know that it is normal to have them with 0 land, but this had never happened to me. Mostly due to a combination of events that went south for them. It is a shame, since I'm prepping a war with Russia, and the extra manpower recovery would be nice.

1617820505443.png

Alas, Force Religion cannot be used in peace deal against Papal States - I've tried. It's not even on the list.

And as I just found out, you can't even force catolicism on the pope when he's your vassal. Which brings me to my next Strange Screenshot™ about a stubborn reformed pope. :)

papal.png

• 16Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Formed Persia, got no idea what happened there ;D

View attachment 703927

View attachment 703928
if the last rebellious province of a particular rebel type changes which rebel type it's contributing towards (usually as a result of sending a missionary or a missionary finishing), all the accumulated rebel progress transfers over to the new rebel type. Normally if that brings it over 100%, though, the rebels should instantly spawn...

Reactions:
if the last rebellious province of a particular rebel type changes which rebel type it's contributing towards (usually as a result of sending a missionary or a missionary finishing), all the accumulated rebel progress transfers over to the new rebel type. Normally if that brings it over 100%, though, the rebels should instantly spawn...
You are right, but if none of the provinces that would spawn rebels has any unrest, the rebels will not spawn and instead, the progress will start decreasing 10% at a time. You can easily see this during the Castilian civil war, if you let both particularists and pretenders reach ~70% progress and then you end the disaster (by increasing stability). Then, the progress of the pretenders will be added to the particularists (getting to 140%!) but as none of the contributing provinces has any unrest any longer (because the unrest they had was because the civil war), the progress will decrease without spawning rebels. This is the case of the OP.

Reactions: