The Obligatory EUIV Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
View attachment 598869
I wondered why weird nations keep getting nominated as emperor (Spain actually was the Emperor for quite a while)
Turns out they peacefully decided that Catholicism is the official faith of the HRE...in *that* Germany. I almost admire their stubbornness. It means less problems for the Ottomans (and by extension, me)

On a sidenote, something which I'm a litltle irritated by is how unwilling allies have been to join any of my wars even with favours and trust. Yet the moment they declare a stupid war I'm expected to drop everything to take part. They seem to always be in massive debt somehow
agreeing to join an ally's war does not need to mean actively participating at all. Also, you can untick "will join offensive wars" in your relation with an ally, though this also turns off passive favour gains.

• 1Like
Reactions:
agreeing to join an ally's war does not need to mean actively participating at all. Also, you can untick "will join offensive wars" in your relation with an ally, though this also turns off passive favour gains.

That's what I've been doing, but they inevitably siege down a bunch of my provinces which destroys my income. I'm mostly just confused about how bad the debt seems to get, if it's just something that happens then I feel like the penalty to joining wars while in debt should probably be toned down but I feel like if they're in too much debt to fight an OPM they probably shouldn't be started massive wars a few months later

The Flandrian turnabout.

Lasted only a few years as both Flanders and Burgundy got stomped by France.

20200711173712_1.jpg

• 11Like
Reactions:
1594662338531.png

"we don't want your help! BUT WE WILL HATE YOU IF YOU DONT PROVIDE IT :mad:"
What the Flipis even going on with the imperial incident voting system? It seems so random - I've not found any reliable way to change the votes of princes outside of outright subjugating them. Even at 200 opinion and 10 dip rep princes still vote whatever they want.

• 5Like
Reactions:
ALL three CORs spwaned in Spain/Iberia...never seen that before

Spanien COR.jpg

And all three reformed CORs spawned in Italy, in the same game - and even converting the pope...

Papst reformed.jpg

She was such a cute girl that my game crashed!

Cute girl.jpg

• 3Like
  • 3Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Paradox finding new ways to kill your god heirs since 1454 :( (isabella's event spawned on top of the habsburg, hiding it from view, on the same tick, the game crashed)

I asked for it I guess

20200720013554_1.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
No pictures yet as I’m still in the middle of the run, but, playing as England/GB, and the Surrender of Maine event NEVER fired.

I didn’t release any vassals, or any other cheese. What are the odds of that happening (or, rather, not happening)?

Assuming you didn't war with France or ally them in the first few years, the chance of no Surrender of Maine is about 3%. The MTTH is 12 months and it can't fire after 30 Dec 1449

Reactions:
How you even allowed GB to form?.. Or have you done it on purpose, just to trap them in Hebrides and brag on forum? :p

Well, I start as Ragusa, when returned to my irish roots and also have to spend some time to colonise caribbeans (move capital) and fight portuguese a few times... So GB accidentally formed. And I decided what is my mistake and I need to do something with it.

So, I'm currently doing a Prussia Run where I want to focus exclusively on Europe before I'm at a decent level of Absolutism. Spain was Emperor during the League Wars, during which my Space Marines obliterated the Continental Spanish Armies. All their Colonies except Peru got over 50% Liberty Desire, declared an Independence War and won. La Plata, Brazil, Cuba and Canada.
Too bad I didn't really notice it early on, I only noticed it when I was looking at England and wondering how TF it's rivaled by La Plata and Brazil.
1595765671817.png

#edit, also there was an independent Mann (which had few enough provinces to be diplo vassalized) with Expansion/exploration so they're colonizing a bit of Africa for me.

• 4Like
Reactions: