The Obligatory EUIV Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First time I have ever seen Qing form, and then claim the mandate as well.

Not being picky, but looks like it was vice versa - Manchu claimed Mandate and then formed Qing. One cannot form Qing, unless they are SoH or empire - and the second is fairly impossible looking at the size of country. :cool: And yeah, I'm fun at parties...

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I'm finishing my game on 1.29 and this is the largest HRE i've seen so far.

1592511261177.jpeg

• 5Love
  • 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
This is so 1.30.1 that this is actually even more hilarious that it happened in 1.29.

• 1Like
Reactions:
So I played a game in India for the first time in a while and of course Europe had to be a mess

eu4_153.png

And this random Picardy actually became Emperor even though it eventually got smaller

eu4_161.png

Otherwise Manchu pulled a nice trick

eu4_157.png

And to sympathetize with the previous post...

eu4_158.png

Talented and ambitious daughter into hunting accident. I played 100 hours on Emperor patch and it's the first time I got it since I started playing again. Of course it doesn't happend to my 1/1/2 heir.
And even though the game mysteriously crashed, a few years later...

eu4_159.png

But as if it was not enough, next time I got a good heir...

eu4_162.png

I know it's a bias and that nothing in the script says it happens more often to good heirs but... jeez. And in the meantime I can run my trashy heirs with armies into stackwipes for decades and I end up having to disinherit them and pay the prestige tax because they never want to die.

eu4_160.png

Also, I think Hadrmut got lost.

• 4Like
Reactions:
That's gonna be a fun one to figure out
1592987822741.png

Attachments

• 1592987823153.png
    1592987823153.png
    4,9 MB · Views: 0
  • 3Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I wondered why the old exploit was still there, but that's actually an old patch. Makes sense then. Weren't you actually the one to pull it off first @Dominion ?

• 2Like
Reactions:
I wondered why the old exploit was still there, but that's actually an old patch. Makes sense then. Weren't you actually the one to pull it off first @Dominion ?
1592991449162.png

Of course you remember that stuff hahaha

Been digging through a few old screenshot folders.

This one is still my favorite

1592990489219.png

Last edited:
How it was done?
Introduce heir mechanic gives Restoration CB to all marriage partners. Until it was fixed, it gave this CB even to and against nations that cannot use PU. I suppose Ottos become PU partner of some muslim minor and then Poland somehow get it from minor - conquest? Maybe shenanigans were deeper, let's see what's author has to say on it.

Reactions:
Nope, that was before the "introduce heir". I don't remember everything, but I think it used Moldavia, in a patch where the Ottos would vassalize Moldavia and inherit a Polish PU war. Dominion might explain it in detail.

Reactions:
EDIT: Ah screw it, I'll throw it out

It was 1.24, so I think it was the one where you put your heir on Moldavia's throne, cancelled vassalization, had Ottomans ally them, declare on Moldavia and claim both by abusing some same-day peacetreaty exploit.

You should still be able to do it with the pretender rebel exploit. Haven't done it in a while though. Was busy in India.