The Obligatory EUIV Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That moment when you look up, and you notice by some miracle, Ireland formed and England has yet to form GB. The natives in the New World in South America have taken some of the colonial regions from Spain too.
20170504005714_1.jpg

Also I would like to say that I regret allying Saxony. I have been called to 12 back-to-back wars and Saxony has almost all of Germany in a coalition against them, yet doesn't even take the land it declares war for. I would like to know where they are getting all the favors to even call me. I don't add them to any of my wars unless its with somebody like Bohemia/Austria/Poland

Last edited:
Also I would like to say that I regret allying Saxony. I have been called to 12 back-to-back wars and Saxony has almost all of Germany in a coalition against them, yet doesn't even take the land it declares war for. I would like to know where they are getting all the favors to even call me. I don't add them to any of my wars unless its with somebody like Bohemia/Austria/Poland
The AI does not need 10 favors to ask you in a war. Instead, you say "Hey if you declare war I'll join you", and that's how YOU get favors from the AI
Basically, you lick their feet until they decide that you are worthy enough of their attention

The AI does not need 10 favors to ask you in a war. Instead, you say "Hey if you declare war I'll join you", and that's how YOU get favors from the AI
Basically, you lick their feet until they decide that you are worthy enough of their attention
The balance of favours are usually ok, you get around 40 bloody favours for 50% war participation in an AI war, so though the AI doesn't necessarily require favours the times they call you in, there is a reasonable chance that they would have had the favours anyways.

I don't know how strange this is for current version EU IV, since this is my first game with all the new expansions, but:

upload_2017-5-5_10-41-5.png

France, Papal State, and The Ottomans all on the same side, against half of Europe, in 1466. It's even stupider then it looks, because the Ottomans are actually still the target of a Crusade launched by the Pope. So while I have 100% army maintenance during this war, I actually get the "Participating in Crusade" bonus, which (If I remember correctly) gives me Papal influence for being such a good Catholic.

France-Otto alliance is pretty common, as both rival Austria. Been seeing that for several patches. The Papal State is known to ally France as well, same as any of the other Italians. Since France is the war leader, it's not too odd to see the three of them rampaging together.

20170504223613_1.jpg

Not sure if this is "strange" per se, but the fact that I was able to get a PU over Poland, Lithuania, Naples and Aragon before having the tech to form Spain is pretty darn strange. And it's pretty glorious to look at.
20170504224148_1.jpg

Even better, both my ruler and heir are female. Feminism in the 16th century?

This one is not a "strange one" but more of a "Best Kniaz (Republic leader)" I ever had that didn't turn into a dictatorship!

20108B0B6914395D19716B039DC34180934A0374

If you don't get it. Look at Inaugurated year and what year it is now. That meant he has been in power for little over 30 years. Didn't even fall at any point below 56; should have but got bit lucky with events granting more republic tradition so he could stay in power far longer than naturally. He was at 6/6/6 for roughly 10 years (elected back into office 5 time which takes 20 years).

Never MIND that he got elected at 30!!!

Never mind that he got some of the best possible trait you could gotten. Entrepreneur and Conqueror as a merchant republic? Heh well I will take it!

He wasn't that good of a military general himself personally. But he did get 2 siege pip which most of my normal general didn't have which is good for taking down forts.

20170504122923_1.jpg

Aragon won independence from Castille with help from France.

They then casually ate Castille alive.

Result? ARAGON formed Spain in the end, with Castille taking capital in Naples.

Right.

Oh, and then Spain succeeded at the re-re conquista mission and delved into north Africa.

20170504123713_1.jpg

Meanwhile, France got elected emperor because Ottomans casually full annexed Austria (this is very hard campaign by the way).

Lithuania and Ottomans are nibbling at the HRE from the east, due to lack of powerful emperor.

As last resort, the electors elected FRANCE as emperor. And guess what? France added all their provinces to HRE, and then took pragmatic sanction for its Marie De Valois child heir, who was in regency.

And now she comes of age...

Marie De Valois as Empress of HRE!

Ahhh... reminds me of Empress Ariadne of Habsburg in my Naxos AAR :)

Cersei-Lannister-GIFs.gif

20170504155557_1.jpg

Run for the HILLS!

We got a Von Frankenstein Münster approaching!!