The Obligatory EUIV Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I thought for sure four siege pips was the max? https://ibb.co/fXBvGQ

Can't seem to upload photos

fXBvGQ

You can have up to 6 siege pips, like all others. You need to take ideas and policy though, I think there is a soft limit of 4, but it's perhaps confirmation bias.

Okay this is an update from previous post.

73B5E3155430A708536D1B41B47ADAE551A123FB

Hitler must feel conflicted...
Why is Poland converting the Russians into Germans!?

DE88F285C9BF5D3855249696A939C28FBFD0E53B

Also, Germany is weird this runthrough. Magdeburg and Saxony replaced each other...

Why is Poland converting the Russians into Germans!?
From having recently played as Russia: Those Livonian Order provinces would be Latvian, not Russian, and there's only 5 provinces of Latvian culture (which together with 3 Estonian and 5 Lithuanian provinces form their very own Baltic culture group, so even being a PLC or Russian empire doesn't give you a cultural union over them).
Riga starts as Prussian, which is likely a promoted culture in PLC due to the baltic coast (Danzig to Memel). And converting to a culture that is in an adjacent province gives a nice 25% discount on the diplo point costs. I initially promoted Latvian but converted it to neighbouring Novgorodian in the long run to free up the slot, so there may well be a good reason for PLC to convert them to Prussian.

So, I was playing a custom nation (Yamato) as a replacement Daimyo in Japan, and an event fired - the one about an adulterer for a husband. Well, I thought, I'm the Empress of China, I shouldn't have to put up with an adulterer for a husband! *boots husband back to Buton*

Next minute, there is an EMPRESS-CONSORT waiting. An EMPRESS. CONSORT. For an EMPRESS. So now, I have two women as the heads of the Imperial Family. I know my national ideas are progressive (warrior women, education of daughters) - but this is getting a tad out of hand. An Empress needs to have a heir/heiress, after all.

Okay, I thought, this is going to be juuuuust fine. I still have a 22-year-old heiress, who's just happily leading some troops on a war against Castile/Portugal/England - oh wait, I don't any more, because she just died in a gigantic battle over London.

Well then. An Empress, and an Empress-Consort, without a heir/heiress. This will be...difficult.

Four years later, there was a Heiress again. -scratches head- I don't even know any more~

Yeah, I know. 6/6/6 ruler immortal, it's cheesy. Was experimenting about how big the difference is when comparing a 6/6/6 vs a 5/5/5 ... 1/1/1 vs a 0/0/0.

Next minute, there is an EMPRESS-CONSORT waiting. An EMPRESS. CONSORT. For an EMPRESS. So now, I have two women as the heads of the Imperial Family. I know my national ideas are progressive (warrior women, education of daughters) - but this is getting a tad out of hand. An Empress needs to have a heir/heiress, after all.

The "female spouse for female ruler" thing (and variations) is a known bug that has been around for a while. I had it once in the guise of the Prince-Consort Elizabeth, who was marked as male. I pictured a woman in mens' clothes with a fake mustache and a pretend-deep voice comically bamboozling everyone, Blackadder-style.

Well then. An Empress, and an Empress-Consort, without a heir/heiress. This will be...difficult.
Four years later, there was a Heiress again

Okay, here are some basic rules to keep little Yukiko safe:
  • No water until she is 18.
  • Don't let her play with stones - she might cast them.
  • Absolutely no more than 11 friends and no oppulent dinners with them.
  • Transactions above 29 pieces of silver are punishable by death and invalid by law.
  • All objects consisting of perpendicularly arranged bars are now banned in a five mile radius around the royal family.

I can't stress how important it is to keep Yukiko safe from harm, if you want to keep religious unitiy high in Yamato and avoid heretic rebels popping up all over the place. But hey, at least swimming lessions are not a priority!

I was having a chill ryukyu game where my goal was to simply take over south america and the spice island... then after just 10 years i figured out this was going to be a one of a kind game and HOLY SHIT when i discovered europe i was so right...

I mean, look at this pictures and know I HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ALL OF THIS,,, i am still in a colonizing phase and im about to start moving to south america...

Starting with a mingplosion in 1450... moving on to a formation fo quing thatwas then beatend to death by a 3pm korea + japan + yan alliance

Then i looked at europe and it was fucking gorgeous...

OTTOMANS DIED... austria did annex hungary taking over bulgaria aswell... venice blobbed into balkans the hard way also

TABARESTAN AND ARDALAN are blobbing the shit out of persia and SIND is well on its way to form mugals...

i dont want this game to end.. like... ever

Austria has a leak!

This Europe went totally insane, without any player intervention - besides me weakening the Ottomans so that Austria could get them more easily. But I don't even think they would have needed it.
coHvIrF.jpg

France is soon to be gone because Austria got the BI + the Hungarian throne and then went on a mad rampage with their ally Britanny.
Castile had invaded almost all of Aragon and THEN they got the PU, when Aragon was down to 3 provinces. This means they formed Spain militarily, and still have the PU on the 3 provinces Aragon.
PLC did not form, Lithuania got attacked by the Russia+Denmark alliance in the middle of a war vs the Ottomans, so Poland dishonored and suddenly Kiev happened out of rebels, and then went on to eat all of Lithuania.
Ryazan is somehow still alive, as is Shirvan who used to be pretty big, hence the VERY unusual "Shirvani Saratov". On the edge of the map you can see Bukhara who is a longstanding ally of the Ottomans, which allows them to hold Russia back.
But the cherry on the turkish delight is undoubtedly the fact that Austria forced the Ottomans to release Candar and Theodoro.

Edit :
A small update on this glorious Britanny and the state of Western Europe.
hKhL7l1.jpg

I don't think I can do that well playing Britanny, tbh. That's impressive.

Unfortunately Candar got annexed. But Theodoro is still alive.

Edit2: Here is the consequence of French weakness.
0Ks1fiT.jpg
Well, then, all of a sudden, Portugal diplovassalized France, probably because France was threatened by Mali... I noticed that when I saw that France was occupied by Mali in their war vs Portugal.
bhSwfjv.jpg

Britanny is almost dead however. Austria and Spain wiped them.

I present to you Yeren the Retarded:

Wanting your own cores? Who ever heard of that?!

Also, apparently you can reach a higher rank than an Empire.

What the hell is this?

Serbians seem a wee bit lost.

And lastly, a classic:
Denmark gets the claim by event, and I think it is called Mexican Mexico because you can not see their capital.

dHLsojt.jpg

When you get an event that gives you a conquistador in pre-Columbian North America. Suddenly an Iroquois warband decides it's time to go explore the Amazon Rainforest.

Last edited:
20170427131107_1.jpg

bit... lost? Get outta me land Serbians!

20170426143900_1.jpg

Mughals formed in me custom norse campaign, on very hard mode. No influence from me there... First time I EVER see AI forming them. Timurid Mughals then joined Bengal in a casual war versus Ming, who called in its... ally.... the Ottomans.

Right.