The Obligatory EUIV Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I know this isn't strange per se, but RNG absolutely HATES me today.

20170426211925_1.jpg

This Europe went totally insane, without any player intervention - besides me weakening the Ottomans so that Austria could get them more easily. But I don't even think they would have needed it.
coHvIrF.jpg

France is soon to be gone because Austria got the BI + the Hungarian throne and then went on a mad rampage with their ally Britanny.
Castile had invaded almost all of Aragon and THEN they got the PU, when Aragon was down to 3 provinces. This means they formed Spain militarily, and still have the PU on the 3 provinces Aragon.
PLC did not form, Lithuania got attacked by the Russia+Denmark alliance in the middle of a war vs the Ottomans, so Poland dishonored and suddenly Kiev happened out of rebels, and then went on to eat all of Lithuania.
Ryazan is somehow still alive, as is Shirvan who used to be pretty big, hence the VERY unusual "Shirvani Saratov". On the edge of the map you can see Bukhara who is a longstanding ally of the Ottomans, which allows them to hold Russia back.
But the cherry on the turkish delight is undoubtedly the fact that Austria forced the Ottomans to release Candar and Theodoro.

Edit :
A small update on this glorious Britanny and the state of Western Europe.
hKhL7l1.jpg

I don't think I can do that well playing Britanny, tbh. That's impressive.

Unfortunately Candar got annexed. But Theodoro is still alive.

Edit2: Here is the consequence of French weakness.
0Ks1fiT.jpg

Last edited:
Playing as Sweden, I was too busy fighting for my independence. When the war ended, I sent a RM offer to England, since they supported my independence. Suddenly, I realize something is off...
bheEjmw.jpg

NOT EVEN FIVE YEARS INTO THE GAME AND FRANCE HAS SOMEHOW INHERETED SCOTLAND. I am seriously scared.

This Europe went totally insane, without any player intervention - besides me weakening the Ottomans so that Austria could get them more easily. But I don't even think they would have needed it.

It seems everytime I play outside of Europe strange stuff like this happens. Austria seems to be pretty OP in this patch, I don't know why. but I regularly see them owning half of Germany, or entire France.
Also eastern europe seems so unstable. The amount of times I saw Russia and Lithuania collapse is insane.

Well, there is another thread about Austria being too weak and 2-3 about France being too strong. So that just depends on luck, really, let's not make theories out of the 2-3 games each of us played in latest patch.

I think your post is better for eu4 memes than strange screenshots

Nothing strange per se, but I just realized that Scotland and Castile have the exact same colour.
vhJRs27.jpg

Where is the border in Ireland? Who is controlling which province of England?

Inked20170428180828_1_LI.jpg

"My Khan, we know of foreign places like Moroccan Portugal and Ireland - but there is some clay in between, where none of our hardened warriors dare to venture. It is said, it's populated by ghosts with giant chins"

I was having a chill ryukyu game where my goal was to simply take over south america and the spice island... then after just 10 years i figured out this was going to be a one of a kind game and HOLY SHIT when i discovered europe i was so right...

I mean, look at this pictures and know I HAD ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH ALL OF THIS,,, i am still in a colonizing phase and im about to start moving to south america...

Starting with a mingplosion in 1450... moving on to a formation fo quing thatwas then beatend to death by a 3pm korea + japan + yan alliance

Then i looked at europe and it was fucking gorgeous...

OTTOMANS DIED... austria did annex hungary taking over bulgaria aswell... venice blobbed into balkans the hard way also

TABARESTAN AND ARDALAN are blobbing the shit out of persia and SIND is well on its way to form mugals...

i dont want this game to end.. like... ever

Attachments

• Nuova immagine bitmap (2).jpg
    Nuova immagine bitmap (2).jpg
    839,7 KB · Views: 555
  • Nuova immagine bitmap (3).jpg
    Nuova immagine bitmap (3).jpg
    767,6 KB · Views: 474
England is "assuming control" of France OPM!

17EC5B16AAF8672D9BEA6AB33A4BAC78EC9ACB31

The ironic part is I only help out Brittany like once against France. Mostly to knock down and prevent them from gaining land via enforcing peace.

But France got dogpiled pretty bad by Burgundy (which somehow by some miracle survived 3 to 4 majors war), England, Pope (YES that is pope in Provence up to Aragon), and back-forward between them until finally England took them as vassal. Guess England finally took the crown of France.

The lack of Spanish presence in France is really what's weird. You play a full colonization game?

The lack of Spanish presence in France is really what's weird. You play a full colonization game?

What do you meant? I manage to grab both Aragon and Naple PU and integrated Naple. So I do own lower half of Italian. You can barely see it between the map and outliner.

Yes full colonization game. I want one less colonizer and I got my wish too literally. When I fought France that one time. I told my PUs to be "aggressive" and held my manpower in reserve because France was doing 3 wars at the same time. War of conquest against Brittany, One war of conquest from Burgundy and another war of conquest from England.