The Obligatory EUIV Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
74CE7E47ED5FEE41CB20269AE9ECF7EF62C0BB62

Damn Europeans. I look away for a moment and they go blob-crazy.

Also: Russia seems to have forgotten how to colonize Siberia properly.
What is all that yellow in Romania? It can't be Spain, can it?

Can it?

and given where they are, It's probably not spain themselves that sieged them down but either Bohemia or Commonwealth, and then ceded occupation to Spain since they were the war-leader

So let's see: France is losing English Territory to landlocked Silesia:

Lo and behold (and yes, Silesia is fighting as the sole belligerent):

This make me wonder if someone is renting out Condettori and has navy of their own to transport those Condettori over to Kent? Or someone else was in the war and manage to turn control of those provinces over to Silesia before signing a peace treaty?

Not that terrible strange.

The siege status just went from -99% to -99%. After that the AI just rage quitted.

That is because it is (5 + 9) * 7 = -98%. It may have round up to 100% somewhere.

So I decided to try out the USA in the 1776 start, just to see what it's like. A couple of odd things:

20170425135517_1.jpg

Apparently Magellan never made it in this timeline. First circumnavigation in 1777...

20170425134827_1.jpg

And King George III apparently tried to take a hands-on approach to the war, personally leading the siege of Boston. Nothing odd gameplay-wise here, just strange from a historical perspective :)

Now, I was playing Caddo, trying the Native+Nahuatl strategy and up until this point, I didn't care much about the world. But, being a native, I only saw North America and didn't know how the rest of the world looked.
So, I used the "debug_ti" console command to lift the terra incognita for a second, so I can have an idea how Europe looks like... And boy was I shocked.

I have literally 0% to do with any of this, being a north american native, that should be obvious. There is just so much wrong with this...
And if you wonder where Portugal is.. Portugal is basically South Africa now.. and yes.. that is Hungary occupying the Ottomans.
Oh, this is still 1.20 btw. Lucky nations off.

g2ln627e.jpg

Update:

Okay, now I have officially seen it all..
Revolutionary Ottomans and independent Greece.

47axiht3.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently Magellan never made it in this timeline. First circumnavigation in 1777...

Magellan didn't make it in our timeline either: he died in battle part way through the journey, in the Philippines. Actually the whole expedition barely made it, with only one ship with 18 men arriving in Spain having completed the circumnavigation, compared to the 270 men on five ships who set off. It's the kind of epic journey that would make a good TV dramatization.

And King George III apparently tried to take a hands-on approach to the war, personally leading the siege of Boston. Nothing odd gameplay-wise here, just strange from a historical perspective :)

Lol, maybe the Brits would have won the war if the king had shown such dedication!

XIBKD

Apperently for Baltic Crusader you have to take provinces from Ming in 1.20... Also I have no Idea what that Ural country is, it revolted from Russia after Ming mauled them.
filedetails

You can "unofficially become" a tributary of Ming and declare all conquest wars you need against other tributary. Then refuse to pay up and break off.

The main problem is that Ming already holds some Provinces in the Ural-Region which I have to core and convert. I guess its nice to have a final boss.

Ouch.

All I can think of is build a line of forts all in forest with high chance of winter and try to do a war of attrition to drive Ming into ~20 WE for a long time to see more separatist rebels.

Magellan didn't make it in our timeline either: he died in battle part way through the journey, in the Philippines. Actually the whole expedition barely made it, with only one ship with 18 men arriving in Spain having completed the circumnavigation, compared to the 270 men on five ships who set off. It's the kind of epic journey that would make a good TV dramatization.

Lol, maybe the Brits would have won the war if the king had shown such dedication!

Eh, true, I should have said Magellan's voyage. I knew he himself did not survive the trip. Still, the point stands that somehow Europeans had discovered all of America and Asia but still not made the circumnavigation.

And the war didn't go any better for them this time--I had a surprising morale advantage, managed to beat them every time I fought them despite their discipline (plus taking good terrain fights, and having rough parity with the initially landed forces).