The Obligatory EUIV Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I don't now how or why, but Tunisan Nova Scotia.
20230131131508_1.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions:
Good news, my lord!

We won the war, killed 2 million pesky Russians, and our new Department of Scientific Necromancy managed to resurrect over a million of our ancestors!

20230206043429_1.jpg

(Yes, yes, I know, it's actually some kind of integer overflow, probably because there were nearly 3M casualties. Despite having played EU4 for many many years, this was the time I earned the "We bled for this" achievement.)

20230206043503_1.jpg20230206043444_1.jpg20230206043440_1.jpg

• 6Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
So, my friend was streaming his game in Discord, and I noticed that he let pretender rebels overthrow Brandenburg, which had flipped to Habsburg. However, we then noticed that he had lost the Habsburgs, and he hadn't realized it. This was the dynastic mapmode at that point:
OLJO.png

None of us can figure out how it happened, as he never lost the Emperorship.

Last edited:
So, my friend was streaming his game in Discord, and I noticed that he let pretender rebels overthrow Brandenburg, which had flipped to Habsburg. However, we then noticed that he had lost the Habsburgs, and he hadn't realized it. This was the dynastic mapmode at that point:

Maybe Pomerania used 90 favors to install an heir of their dynasty on the Austrian throne?

Reactions:
View attachment 948152
And you don't find Piast Poland and what I'm guessing is just straight-up Rum weird?

Maybe Pomerania used 90 favors to install an heir of their dynasty on the Austrian throne?
No, that land in Pomerania is just land that he conquered. Looking through the save file, the only other Falkenberg to ever rule was over in Aachen, which is a free city and thus can't marry.
And you don't find Piast Poland and what I'm guessing is just straight-up Rum weird?
No, I find those to be quite odd as well, and have no explanation for them either. The Habsburgs are actually still alive in that screenshot, just present in the Netherlands.

Last edited:
No, that land in Pomerania is just land that he conquered. Looking through the save file, the only other Falkenberg to ever rule was over in Aachen, which is a free city and thus can't marry.

No, I find those to be quite odd as well, and have no explanation for them either. The Habsburgs are actually still alive in that screenshot, just present in the Netherlands.
Did he press the button to "introduce heir"? IIRC, that creates an heir of a random dynasty based on your primary culture.

While highly developed provinces often appear in regions like Europe or Asia, I never expected them to appear on the East Siberian coast... The Siberian natives seemed to be very advanced nations, at least until I conquered them...

120e.png

• 1Love
Reactions:
Probably more Ironic than strange. HRE ran out of Catholic Princes to be elected Emperor that they picked France to be theirs (and France's first order of business as emperor was of course to declare war on Burgundy to take his claims lol). The ironic part was that the league war was won by the Catholic by a landslide. We were about 4x the size of protestant league that I was surprised that it even fired. But the conversions continue at a crazy pace, and now there isn't a single Catholic Monarch to choose from lol). Edit: Would be funny if I can make a.i. Mann, Emperor... how do I make this happen? lol
861EC17ABF8B28757F6117D802C48DACB20BF075

B3E7C6E32F7A4C8F4E5AB8C247BE3BFBA25CEB12

• 3Haha
Reactions:
So when Emperor first came out I thought I'd chance leaving my outdated map mod on. Since it was only changing the colour I thought it would be fine. Wrong!

20200609104832_1.jpg

20200609104848_1.jpg

Still gives me nightmares to this day.

• 6Haha
  • 3Love
Reactions: