The Obligatory EUIV Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
20220929185549_1.jpg
20220929185555_1.jpg

Had a pretty good hussite reformation, not to mention the other normal reformation faiths. Not sure i've ever seen PLC go hussite before

Attachments

• 20220929185549_1.jpg
    20220929185549_1.jpg
    750,8 KB · Views: 0
  • 5Like
  • 5Love
Reactions:
20220929222114_1.jpg

If someone has an explanation for that one, I'm all ears.

Just in case, because my game is in french : the Teutonic order just declared war on Austria without a CB.

edit : and yes, Austria is still emperor.

• 8Haha
Reactions:
View attachment 883714
If someone has an explanation for that one, I'm all ears.

Just in case, because my game is in french : the Teutonic order just declared war on Austria without a CB.

edit : and yes, Austria is still emperor.
My best guess is that the Teutonic Order joined the Empire through their new mission and then attacked someone in the empire. That kicks them out and, I think, makes them attack the Emperor directly. I'm not positive though.

• 1Like
Reactions:
My best guess is that the Teutonic Order joined the Empire through their new mission and then attacked someone in the empire. That kicks them out and, I think, makes them attack the Emperor directly. I'm not positive though.

Ha yes, they did just attack Pomerania. I knew about the new mission that made you join the empire, but I didn't know the consequences of going against the promise.
I guess it's less of a strange screenshot and more of an oversight from the devs ?
Unless the Teutonic Order did take that into account and still thought it could win, but either way there's a problem.

eu4_16.png

An appropriate name. Also, do nations usually give condottieri for free?

eu4_15.png

Yue wasn't even rivaled to the Timurids.

Edit: Friesland is NOT a two province minor, apparently:

eu4_21.png

Attachments

• eu4_21.png
    eu4_21.png
    1,5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
OKAY GENUA, I GET IT!!!

eu4_5.png

Attachments

• eu4_5.png
    eu4_5.png
    2,2 MB · Views: 0
  • 15Haha
Reactions:
Just playing a casual game in India, planning on doing Mewar->Rajputana->Bharat. When I realize Europe's been uncovered, I look over and see...

1664774673868.png

...maybe not the strangest thing ever compared to some of the things people post in here, but it's pretty distinct from what I tend to encounter!

• 6Love
  • 5Like
Reactions:
This is cute:
YbosQRw.png

Even weirder, if I pick her as my heir and choose the PU, in either order, she gets erased from existence the moment a day ticks by. But! If I pick the PU second, then not only does she get erased, but so do the Jagiellons!

OStheVa.png

Oh, and in theory, she's a Piast before the PU fires and a Jagiellon after (until she's erased).

I think I'm going to try to see if I can't let the PU happen, populate both the king and heir (some August or another), and then pick her, and see if she'll stick around.

EDIT: Yup, cheesed the game into giving me a 6/6/6 to almost start the game with. Just gotta wait 2 years for her to be old enough to abdicate in favor of.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
OK, I guess.

1664988013666.png

Most probably this is due to me being at one time a part of HRE. Currently I have just Holstein as part of HRE. 4.9k is a bit much for this peace of land. Sounds like a bug to me.

• 3Like
Reactions:
OK, I guess.

View attachment 885979
Most probably this is due to me being at one time a part of HRE. Currently I have just Holstein as part of HRE. 4.9k is a bit much for this peace of land. Sounds like a bug to me.
That is weird, though maybe you are right that you get the event because you have a HRE province. The event fired in my game too, but then suddenly a bird flew by, and when I reloaded I made sure to leave the HRE ASAP ((it wasn't doing anything for me anyways, but I rejoined after taking the crusader path kicked me out (I was toying with the idea of milking both east and west, even subjugated Brandenburg as a secondary participant and usurped the Electorship, but the flag forbidding you from declaring offensive wars doesn't clear when you leave the Empire through the crusader path)), and then it never came up, though by intentionally leaving I took all my lands with it.

According to the wiki, the event isn't conditioned on being or having once been part of the HRE or on holding some imperial land - its only trigger is the global flag great_peasants_war_flag, which means there's nothing you can do to prevent it from firing unless you're the emperor and you're able to figure out how the Great Peasants' War works.

Reactions:
Not strange but incredibly rare. This is my second 666 monarch from external dynasty. The previous one was also Valois. French bias anyone :)

1665150765615.png

As a bonus France is without heir. One can only hope...

• 8Like
Reactions:
So, wrapping up a Holy Horder run, AI ally called me into a war, with GB participating on the other side. The AI being AI wasn't going to land on GB, and I couldn't be bothered, so waiting for the AIs to eventually get tired and peace out. Checked on GB and sure enough saw, "GB Controls London". Except, London was spelled a little differently:
20221001144540_1.jpg

I was very confused, as I had watched England create GB, so I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Looked at their dipo page, and found this:
20221001144615_1.jpg

I have NO IDEA when or how GB decided to switch their primary culture to Icelandic. No clue.

• 10Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Sometimes these events make no damn sense:
Lack of Innovation.jpeg

Speaking of Innovativeness:
20220924094954_1.jpg
Both Venice and Ottomans chose Inno ideas first.

Also, AI being AI:
20220927164433_1.jpg
20220927164444_1.jpg

Yes, that is a stack of 300+ in a single province while they already have 0 manpower. The more things change :rolleyes: . . .

• 12Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
So, wrapping up a Holy Horder run, AI ally called me into a war, with GB participating on the other side. The AI being AI wasn't going to land on GB, and I couldn't be bothered, so waiting for the AIs to eventually get tired and peace out. Checked on GB and sure enough saw, "GB Controls London". Except, London was spelled a little differently:

I was very confused, as I had watched England create GB, so I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Looked at their dipo page, and found this:

I have NO IDEA when or how GB decided to switch their primary culture to Icelandic. No clue.
I wonder if the AI enacted the decision to embrace Icelandic identity (which makes Icelandic the primary culture) but it is somehow bugged?

The decision is supposed to require less than 4 cities (for either the player or the AI), which has always been greyed out for me whenever I've owned Iceland. Perhaps the code for the AI version of the decision is not working correctly.

Might be worth posting this in the bugs forum too.

I have NO IDEA when or how GB decided to switch their primary culture to Icelandic.
There's an event where the heir gets the culture of one of the advisors. There's also an event for the country to change its primary culture to that of the ruler, if the ruler is of a different culture. Does GB own Iceland?

• 5Like
Reactions: