The Obligatory EUIV Strange Screenshot Thread

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
HUH. Lets see what happens when I join the war

1639948460309.png

Ok, joined AND kept the DotF as well as got 24 favors for not doing anything in this war. Not that I complain.
1639948623605.png

• 8Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
4th line of the peace deal you can see that ''France cedes Baye Blanche to France''.

I found that weird and check the province history. France colonised that province around 30 years prior to this war. You can see the line ''became civilised'' and ''became a legitime province of France''.

The last line of the history log, on the peace deal day, France lost legetimacy to said province.

Now they are coring it back... wtf
eu4_2.png

• 4Haha
Reactions:
4th line of the peace deal you can see that ''France cedes Baye Blanche to France''.

I found that weird and check the province history. France colonised that province around 30 years prior to this war. You can see the line ''became civilised'' and ''became a legitime province of France''.

The last line of the history log, on the peace deal day, France lost legetimacy to said province.

Now they are coring it back... wtf
View attachment 790462
This shit happens when in a peace deal with natives you take their tribal territory that you have already colonized - you lose the core

Reactions:
I can't help but feel like the modifier UI is subtly commenting on my recent Cilli -> Croatia -> Bulgaria -> Austria -> England -> Prussia -> Scotland -> Ireland -> Greece -> Poland -> France -> Sardinia-Piedmont -> Two Sicilies -> Italy -> Roman Empire -> HRE playthrough.

modifiers.png

It's almost as if the Don't be Cilli achievement wasn't supposed to be played exactly that way.

• 8Haha
  • 3Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Not the weirdest thing but that is quite the name.
20211222154348_1.jpg

Also how in the world did Portugal get this Casus Belli on a random tribe
20211222155334_1.jpg

That CB can also be granted from certain events, not just the diplomatic action of insulting.
Specifically, there is a fairly common random event which gives you a claim on a neighbouring province, but the province owner gets an insult CB on you.

Reactions:
If i remember how the code selects such things correctly it goes "French ... in Asia ... no french tags have a core ... must be Jerusalem"

Very much this...

My current game:

20220106231047_1.jpg

interesting developments outside Europe in it too:

20220106231217_1.jpg

Also my colonial nation got confused... :

20220103052847_1.jpg

Is it just me or is he looking at him like.. "I was here first dude"

• 5Like
Reactions: